The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby coco_canuck » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 pm

If we had an 82 game season, there's a chance the Leafs would slip out of the playoffs.

Win 2 rounds?

Bahaha
User avatar
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Reefer2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 pm

coco_canuck wrote:If we had an 82 game season, there's a chance the Leafs would slip out of the playoffs.

Win 2 rounds?

Bahaha


I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.

Be interesting to see which Canadian team goes the furthest, should be the Canucks but with AV who knows?
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
coco_canuck wrote:If we had an 82 game season, there's a chance the Leafs would slip out of the playoffs.

Win 2 rounds?

Bahaha


I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.

Be interesting to see which Canadian team goes the furthest, should be the Canucks but with AV who knows?

Your not suggesting that there are other Canadian team are you ?
According to their fans, the leafs are the only Canadian team.

They put a fucking maple leaf on their sweaters FFS

They even have the nerve to change its colour too...

Fuck them ...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Lancer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:15 am

Out of the East, I think Ottawa may have the best chance to go more than one round. They're well-coached and still have the kind of goaltending that can sneak them a round or two. They just seem to be more than just a sum of their parts. Definitely underdogs though.

Montreal looks really vulnerable these days even though they have the parts to go more than a round. Winnipeg will just be happy to be at the dance. Same for Taranna. I'm just looking forward to seeing Nonis' vaunted group of tenders get exposed these playoffs like Cloutier and Skudra were in '02. But Luongo's contract sucks apparently.... :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 am

Reefer2 wrote:I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.

as did the Canucks in '82 and '94.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4792
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Arachnid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 am

Topper wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.

as did the Canucks in '82 and '94.


Oh no, no, no we always said in those years The Canucks will win atleast 2 rounds in the West... :roll:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5013
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Arachnid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 am

They are getting ready with the parade route here to celebrate their first playoff berth in years...sure hope the red hot Islanders don't spoil it....say...where is that cocky little stinkfish anyhow?! :D
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5013
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 am

Arachnid wrote:They are getting ready with the parade route here to celebrate their first playoff berth in years...sure hope the red hot Islanders don't spoil it....say...where is that cocky little stinkfish anyhow?! :D

He's a few branches up trying to think of smart ass retorts for his sock to say
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Zamboni Driver » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 am

BigTuna wrote: If the Leafs don't win a couple of rounds this year, they will soon. What a great young team they are. The future is very bright. Second youngest NHL team and look how good they are.



No No, the title of the thread was WILL WIN not "might win".

let's see how many games it takes you to roll over Boston.
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby mathonwy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

The real question is, are the Laughs the real deal? :mrgreen:

But seriously...

If the playoffs started today, the Laughs would meet the Habs and the Habs are having some very serious goaltending issues. I think Price has been pulled in his last 3/4 starts and in the last game, Budaj was pulled for Price which accomplished nothing and the Habs got hammered 6-4 by the Crosby-less, Malkin-less Penguins.

They would beat the Habs based on goaltending alone.

Penguins would beat the Rags.

Boston would beat the Islanders.

Coin toss between Caps and Sens but I think Caps based on Ovie.

So 2nd round would be

Pens, Boston, Caps and Leafs.

(It's weird not see the Flyers in the post-season)

If these are the winners, correct if I'm wrong but the Leafs would play the Pens right?

And theres no way they would beat the Pens.

The only team they would have a chance at beating would be the Caps.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:29 am

100 years of history says money on the Habs over the leafs...
Somehow Price will reincarnate Georges Vezina or sommat...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Arachnid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 am

mathonwy wrote:The real question is, are the Laughs the real deal? :mrgreen:

But seriously...

If the playoffs started today, the Laughs would meet the Habs and the Habs are having some very serious goaltending issues. I think Price has been pulled in his last 3/4 starts and in the last game, Budaj was pulled for Price which accomplished nothing and the Habs got hammered 6-4 by the Crosby-less, Malkin-less Penguins.

They would beat the Habs based on goaltending alone.

Penguins would beat the Rags.

Boston would beat the Islanders.

Coin toss between Caps and Sens but I think Caps based on Ovie.

So 2nd round would be

Pens, Boston, Caps and Leafs.

(It's weird not see the Flyers in the post-season)

If these are the winners, correct if I'm wrong but the Leafs would play the Pens right?

And theres no way they would beat the Pens.

The only team they would have a chance at beating would be the Caps.

That might be true but don't count the Habs out of the post-season, they are another team that has some mad depth and experience there, Toronto may not take them as real contenders.
Hey, you think Montreal might be looking for a new soloid regular season goalie in the Summer? :D
A native perhaps?

Don't count the 2nd round until it happens, and even if the Laughs did somehow pay off the refs and make it through what are the odds they take down Pens, Boston, Caps? :idea:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5013
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby mathonwy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

I can't find whether or not Price has a NMC though.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby Arachnid » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm

mathonwy wrote:The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

I can't find whether or not Price has a NMC though.


Pretty sure I didn't say anything in my post about getting rid of Price *looks at it again* Yep, didn't say that.
I said maybe they want a veteran goalie that is proven to be consistent. We could take Budaj and two second rounders and they have a Native Montrealer that no one will complain about his contract...(not in English anyways)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5013
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: The Leafs will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Postby mathonwy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Arachnid wrote:
mathonwy wrote:The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

I can't find whether or not Price has a NMC though.


Pretty sure I didn't say anything in my post about getting rid of Price *looks at it again* Yep, didn't say that.
I said maybe they want a veteran goalie that is proven to be consistent. We could take Budaj and two second rounders and they have a Native Montrealer that no one will complain about his contract...(not in English anyways)


And they'll have one goalie with a 6.5M cap hit and a 2nd goalie with a 5.33M cap hit...
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests