The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Post by coco_canuck »

If we had an 82 game season, there's a chance the leaves would slip out of the playoffs.

Win 2 rounds?

Bahaha
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

coco_canuck wrote:If we had an 82 game season, there's a chance the leaves would slip out of the playoffs.

Win 2 rounds?

Bahaha
I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.

Be interesting to see which Canadian team goes the furthest, should be the Canucks but with AV who knows?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Reefer2 wrote:
coco_canuck wrote:If we had an 82 game season, there's a chance the leaves would slip out of the playoffs.

Win 2 rounds?

Bahaha
I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.

Be interesting to see which Canadian team goes the furthest, should be the Canucks but with AV who knows?
Your not suggesting that there are other Canadian team are you ?
According to their fans, the leaves are the only Canadian team.

They put a fucking maple leaf on their sweaters FFS

They even have the nerve to change its colour too...

Fuck them ...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Out of the East, I think Ottawa may have the best chance to go more than one round. They're well-coached and still have the kind of goaltending that can sneak them a round or two. They just seem to be more than just a sum of their parts. Definitely underdogs though.

Montreal looks really vulnerable these days even though they have the parts to go more than a round. Winnipeg will just be happy to be at the dance. Same for Taranna. I'm just looking forward to seeing Nonis' vaunted group of tenders get exposed these playoffs like Cloutier and Skudra were in '02. But Luongo's contract sucks apparently.... :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.
as did the Canucks in '82 and '94.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:I always thought making the playoffs was enough and then see what happens, Oiler/Flames both went on magic runs when no one expected it.
as did the Canucks in '82 and '94.
Oh no, no, no we always said in those years The Canucks will win atleast 2 rounds in the West... :roll:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

They are getting ready with the parade route here to celebrate their first playoff berth in years...sure hope the red hot Islanders don't spoil it....say...where is that cocky little stinkfish anyhow?! :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Arachnid wrote:They are getting ready with the parade route here to celebrate their first playoff berth in years...sure hope the red hot Islanders don't spoil it....say...where is that cocky little stinkfish anyhow?! :D
He's a few branches up trying to think of smart ass retorts for his sock to say
If you need air...call it in
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

BigTuna wrote: If the leaves don't win a couple of rounds this year, they will soon. What a great young team they are. The future is very bright. Second youngest NHL team and look how good they are.

No No, the title of the thread was WILL WIN not "might win".

let's see how many games it takes you to roll over Boston.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The real question is, are the Laughs the real deal? :mrgreen:

But seriously...

If the playoffs started today, the Laughs would meet the Habs and the Habs are having some very serious goaltending issues. I think Price has been pulled in his last 3/4 starts and in the last game, Budaj was pulled for Price which accomplished nothing and the Habs got hammered 6-4 by the Crosby-less, Malkin-less Penguins.

They would beat the Habs based on goaltending alone.

Penguins would beat the Rags.

Boston would beat the Islanders.

Coin toss between Caps and Sens but I think Caps based on Ovie.

So 2nd round would be

Pens, Boston, Caps and leaves.

(It's weird not see the Flyers in the post-season)

If these are the winners, correct if I'm wrong but the leaves would play the Pens right?

And theres no way they would beat the Pens.

The only team they would have a chance at beating would be the Caps.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

100 years of history says money on the Habs over the leaves...
Somehow Price will reincarnate Georges Vezina or sommat...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:The real question is, are the Laughs the real deal? :mrgreen:

But seriously...

If the playoffs started today, the Laughs would meet the Habs and the Habs are having some very serious goaltending issues. I think Price has been pulled in his last 3/4 starts and in the last game, Budaj was pulled for Price which accomplished nothing and the Habs got hammered 6-4 by the Crosby-less, Malkin-less Penguins.

They would beat the Habs based on goaltending alone.

Penguins would beat the Rags.

Boston would beat the Islanders.

Coin toss between Caps and Sens but I think Caps based on Ovie.

So 2nd round would be

Pens, Boston, Caps and leaves.

(It's weird not see the Flyers in the post-season)

If these are the winners, correct if I'm wrong but the leaves would play the Pens right?

And theres no way they would beat the Pens.

The only team they would have a chance at beating would be the Caps.
That might be true but don't count the Habs out of the post-season, they are another team that has some mad depth and experience there, Toronto may not take them as real contenders.
Hey, you think Montreal might be looking for a new soloid regular season goalie in the Summer? :D
A native perhaps?

Don't count the 2nd round until it happens, and even if the Laughs did somehow pay off the refs and make it through what are the odds they take down Pens, Boston, Caps? :idea:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

I can't find whether or not Price has a NMC though.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

Pretty sure I didn't say anything in my post about getting rid of Price *looks at it again* Yep, didn't say that.
I said maybe they want a veteran goalie that is proven to be consistent. We could take Budaj and two second rounders and they have a Native Montrealer that no one will complain about his contract...(not in English anyways)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote:
mathonwy wrote:The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

Pretty sure I didn't say anything in my post about getting rid of Price *looks at it again* Yep, didn't say that.
I said maybe they want a veteran goalie that is proven to be consistent. We could take Budaj and two second rounders and they have a Native Montrealer that no one will complain about his contract...(not in English anyways)
And they'll have one goalie with a 6.5M cap hit and a 2nd goalie with a 5.33M cap hit...