Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Re:

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SRsez wrote: And if you think I'm a nosewipe that lives in my parent's basement, then you're either ignorant or stupid, because everyone here should know more than that about me.
Fucking gold... :lol:

Why do I get the feeling you pulled this one out of the pile for a reason other than a laugh at a poster who has been banned (I assume he/she was banned?) 8-)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SRsez wrote: And if you think I'm a nosewipe that lives in my parent's basement, then you're either ignorant or stupid, because everyone here should know more than that about me.
Fucking gold... :lol:

Why do I get the feeling you pulled this one out of the pile for a reason other than a laugh at a poster who has been banned (I assume he/she was banned?) 8-)

Some are Kenny Linesman or Sean Avery's other are Jean Ratelle/ Jean Beliveau :D
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Fred wrote: Some are Kenny Linesman or Sean Avery's other are Jean Ratelle/ Jean Beliveau :D
and then there is Shane O'Brien
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Maxwell Edison
CC Rookie

Re: Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Post by Maxwell Edison »

I know the topic moved in a completely opposite direction but after having been in the new BC Place (granted I was sitting in a suite so my vantage point may be somewhat biased) I think that the building would actually be pretty good for a quasi-outdoor game. Granted at the same time the climate isn't that great for the event - but it would sell out and make the NHL a tonne of cash so who knows what the NHL would want to do.

Sorry about the punctuation my keyboard somehow turned Quebecois and I donèt know how to invoke the war measures act.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Maxwell Edison wrote:I know the topic moved in a completely opposite direction but after having been in the new BC Place (granted I was sitting in a suite so my vantage point may be somewhat biased) I think that the building would actually be pretty good for a quasi-outdoor game. Granted at the same time the climate isn't that great for the event - but it would sell out and make the NHL a tonne of cash so who knows what the NHL would want to do.

Sorry about the punctuation my keyboard somehow turned Quebecois and I donèt know how to invoke the war measures act.
Go to the little keyboard on your bottom right of the screen and click the English version of the keyboard. I use the Quebecois keyboard from time to time, but now that I have a Mac, tends to make it a little more difficult for me to do the task.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Maxwell Edison wrote: Sorry about the punctuation my keyboard somehow turned Quebecois and I donèt know how to invoke the war measures act.
Keep the keyboard that way, I read it with a french accent and it makes the board seem more worldly.

BTW, why does your french keyboard let you put an H and the start of how?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

dhabums wrote:
Maxwell Edison wrote: Sorry about the punctuation my keyboard somehow turned Quebecois and I donèt know how to invoke the war measures act.
Keep the keyboard that way, I read it with a french accent and it makes the board seem more worldly.

BTW, why does your french keyboard let you put an H and the start of how?
A french keyboard on the day we play the BJ's.

It is an omen.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Maxwell Edison wrote:I know the topic moved in a completely opposite direction but after having been in the new BC Place (granted I was sitting in a suite so my vantage point may be somewhat biased) I think that the building would actually be pretty good for a quasi-outdoor game. Granted at the same time the climate isn't that great for the event - but it would sell out and make the NHL a tonne of cash so who knows what the NHL would want to do.
Well for one thing it wouldn't be a "quasi-outdoor game" because the chance of it pissing down rain between November and february is about 90 % +. So the players would end up playing in BC Place with the roof on which would kind of defeat the purpose of an outdoor event.

Also the sightlines at BC Place are horrific in the upper deck on a massive CFL surface. Translate it to ice and instead of watching ants on the field people would be seeing aphids.

You are probalby right in that it would sell out and the NHL would make a ton of cash. It still doesn't make it a good idea though. I could see those greedy, grubby wops wanting to do something like this and I could see the bush leaguers who run the NHL allowing it to happen.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re:

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:This has gotten way off track a little here. Partially my fault i guess for busting SR 's chops a little , but I know he can take it. For whatever reason Happy Canuck turned bitter at me, but I can take his cap- gun effort. :lol: Originally I meant to make fun of the meat puppet that phoned in and wanted a game at BC Place. Of all of the idiotic things to think of.

The reality is that we won't ever get an outdoor game in Vancouver because of the climate, and the NHL does not need to pander to Canadian fans even if we had a suitable venue. They already have us hook, line and sinker. Just because we proably could sell out the dome, doesn't mean it's a good idea. I think it was either Burke or Nonis who may have even floated this air baloon a few years back. I sure hope it was a sarcastic joke and that they weren't remotely serious. So not all blame can be placed on the idiotic callers who are clamoring for this to happen, but this needs to be nipped in the bud.

I guess they could kick up some fake snow. Get a few deer to trot around the concourse, and even though everyone would be sweating like a cubscout at the Neverland Ranch- they could all wear touques. Pour some hot cocoa for everyone to drink and there you have it- our own Heritage Classic. :lol:
What the fuck do I know ???
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:This has gotten way off track a little here. Partially my fault i guess for busting SR 's chops a little , but I know he can take it. For whatever reason Happy Canuck turned bitter at me, but I can take his cap- gun effort. :lol: Originally I meant to make fun of the meat puppet that phoned in and wanted a game at BC Place. Of all of the idiotic things to think of.

The reality is that we won't ever get an outdoor game in Vancouver because of the climate, and the NHL does not need to pander to Canadian fans even if we had a suitable venue. They already have us hook, line and sinker. Just because we proably could sell out the dome, doesn't mean it's a good idea. I think it was either Burke or Nonis who may have even floated this air baloon a few years back. I sure hope it was a sarcastic joke and that they weren't remotely serious. So not all blame can be placed on the idiotic callers who are clamoring for this to happen, but this needs to be nipped in the bud.

I guess they could kick up some fake snow. Get a few deer to trot around the concourse, and even though everyone would be sweating like a cubscout at the Neverland Ranch- they could all wear touques. Pour some hot cocoa for everyone to drink and there you have it- our own Heritage Classic. :lol:
What the fuck do I know ???
Lol do you know if you'll buy a ticket?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not on your fucking life will I buy a ticket to watch a hockey game in a dumpy football stadium like BC Place.

I had a good idea about what they should do to that place before they put that new roof on.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The intriguing games will be the two on Stupor Bowl weekend in NYC. The NFL has been getting flack about NYC late January, early February weather since announcing the game. If it is cold hockey day watch the scribes erupt.

Bets on the Lions dump downtown having the roof closed because of a pineapple express.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Freezing rain ...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not on your fucking life will I buy a ticket to watch a hockey game in a dumpy football stadium like BC Place.

I had a good idea about what they should do to that place before they put that new roof on.
*cough*Whistler*cough*
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:Freezing rain ...
You mean they will hold it on the Port Mann Bridge?! :look:

Brilliant, mann! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)