Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Post by ClamRussel »

Perhaps we can start w/ Brook Ward not repeatedly calling him Matt.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

ukcanuck wrote:Are you kidding!?
The Oglethorpe look is awesome, specially with the gap tooth a la bobby Clarke...

C'mon he looks the part :)
Well, with Backes making fun of Kassassian's hairline tonite, that is why he should cut it. We can't give solid veterans like Backes/Duncan Keith ammunition to make fun of our lil Zack as he is a younger player and still establishing himself in the league. Also, I don't think he is the type to do well in the trash talk, so we don't want guys taking verbal jabs to deflate Zack's confidence. I'd be happy if Zack just avoids that stuff and let his game do the talking: go out there, throw some bigs hits, fight if he has to and maybe pop in a goal. Let guys like Lap-Dawg, Juice and Burr do the yapping garbage.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Are you kidding!?
Also, I don't think he is the type to do well in the trash talk, so we don't want guys taking verbal jabs to deflate Zack's confidence. I'd be happy if Zack just avoids that stuff and let his game do the talking: go out there, throw some bigs hits, fight if he has to and maybe pop in a goal. Let guys like Lap-Dawg, Juice and Burr do the yapping garbage.
I imagine he gets enough ribbing from the team. It's probably water off a ducks back coming from Backes.

"Burrows made your skin bleed, what do you think I'd do to it?"

Backes would have a hard time yapping if Kass' fist forced David's lower jaw up through his tongue and slid it down his sound-hole.

If yapping is for the sissies, and Backes was doing the yapping...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Well, with Backes making fun of Kassassian's hairline tonite, that is why he should cut it. We can't give solid veterans like Backes/Duncan Keith ammunition to make fun of our lil Zack as he is a younger player and still establishing himself in the league. Also, I don't think he is the type to do well in the trash talk, so we don't want guys taking verbal jabs to deflate Zack's confidence.
I'm speechless.

(Well not really.)

Bar fighting, goon KOing, crazy eyed Zack Kassian is such a delicate flower that he needs to worry about what gets said on the ice? :crazy:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Backes slagging Kassian's hairline was pretty hilarious "Are you bald?! Are you going bald?!" LMAO

But anyways, who cares about Zacks hairline, the kid needs to start stepping it up. Fuck is he lifeless sometimes.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Backes is 6+ years older. When he was 22 he was a 10 goal scorer himself so read into it what you will.
Kassian will be growing into his body and playing a similar game one day....albeit from the wing. If Backes needs to laugh at his bald spots now, basically a meaningless game for the Canucks,a playoff series should be an eye opener for Davey boy.
The Canucks haven't even begun to engage in the physical battles yet IMHO. I have a feeling things will be a little tougher on the Blues when we start to actually finish our checks. This VCR team has oodles of playoff experience under their belts. They've lost to weak teams, lost to strong teams, lost to the eventual cup champs how ever many times, eliminated power house teams, snuck by teams by the luck of the stantion, lost out on a cup by the hair of their chinny chin chin...so whats coming in 2 weeks for Vancouver really isn't the mystery it is for teams such as David "Mr. 13 career playoff games" Backes and his Blues.

That said...I still personally don't think our team has what it takes to get 16 wins.
If you need air...call it in