The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Post by Arachnid »

okcanuck wrote:This thread smells like shite. Lets drop the fucker into oblivion.
No, no, it's to lure the little roaches from the closet into the light...where we can !ZAP! them :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote: I say we castrate them if the Laughs don't make it to the Semis! :twisted:
The only logical reasoning for all this Leaves love is they have already been castrated!

I mean why not just pick a Leaf in your hockey pool?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I say we castrate them if the Laughs don't make it to the Semis! :twisted:
The only logical reasoning for all this Leaves love is they have already been castrated!

I mean why not just pick a Leaf in your hockey pool?
*Sees Mëds come scurying out of the closet behind the couch and across the Ikea rug*

*STOMP!*

Gotcha! 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Smoking cock roaches.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Aaronp18 wrote:I don't get it, we so easily find the warts in the Canucks lineup.
So lets compare ours to the leaves.
:eh:
We've gone 5-1 since acquiring Roy, and have scored 4 goals or more in 4 of those 6 games. Our PP% is nearly 30% in those games as well.
Schneider is now 9th in GAA, 6th in SV% and tied for 1st with 5 shutouts.
:hmmm:
Why do we some devalue our team so much?
paddy's original post had nothing to do with comparing Canucks/ leaves.. so
Maybe this might have been an interesting hockey discussion if the members had discussed
it as a comparison of Eastern teams.. The comparison of Toronto and Canucks got way out of hand,
and degenerated into name calling . I don't think the leaves (who as a hockey fan I have never cheered for in 60 years ) will
make it through 2 rounds unless they get really lucky and can use their "toughness" ( yes they are tough.. look at the Hits and Blocked shots stats.) carries them past more skilled teams like Montreal or Ottawa..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Tiger wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:I don't get it, we so easily find the warts in the Canucks lineup.
So lets compare ours to the leaves.
:eh:
We've gone 5-1 since acquiring Roy, and have scored 4 goals or more in 4 of those 6 games. Our PP% is nearly 30% in those games as well.
Schneider is now 9th in GAA, 6th in SV% and tied for 1st with 5 shutouts.
:hmmm:
Why do we some devalue our team so much?
paddy's original post had nothing to do with comparing Canucks/ leaves.. so
Maybe this might have been an interesting hockey discussion if the members had discussed
it as a comparison of Eastern teams.. The comparison of Toronto and Canucks got way out of hand,
and degenerated into name calling . I don't think the leaves (who as a hockey fan I have never cheered for in 60 years ) will
make it through 2 rounds unless they get really lucky and can use their "toughness" ( yes they are tough.. look at the Hits and Blocked shots stats.) carries them past more skilled teams like Montreal or Ottawa..
No, Patties subject name was a call to arms, inflammatory even and as someone pointed out, this is a Canucks message board first, hockey talk next...where do the Laughs fit in? 8-)

We hear about them enough, the media has them so far up their backside they have become puck puppets for them.
You will never hear the country turn against them because they are darlings, even when the take cheap shots or play dirty.

Frankly I am sick of it and I attack any argument that says they are any good.
They get a free pass? Not on here they don't. This is one place where we should, nay we have to say Fuck You to them.
Yours and his argument is they are tough? That's it? Really?
I mean REALLY? :rofl:

When they get by the first round then come back to this thread and make an argument but for now I will not swallow....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Arachnid wrote:I will not swallow....
:shock:
At least you've kept your dignity...I guess :look:
If you need air...call it in
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Arachnid said:
No, Patties Subject name was a call to arms, inflammatory even and as someone pointed out, this is a Canucks message board first, hockey talk next...where do the Laughs fit in?
OK but it might be better to arm with hockey facts?.. The fact is they have about the same amount of points as the Canucks and have accumulated them against much tougher opposition. Reimer is having a great rookie season.. They have 3 players with more goals than our best forward.. They are younger and if they get Lupul back they maybe could win a couple rounds.. Look at the difference in our team when Kesler came back. I enjoyed reading Aarons post because it was based on FACTS not just a stream of schoolboy invectives..
The negative facts are: Not much experience.. A lot of holes in their 3rd and 4th line. A rookie goaltender who may not hold up under pressure.. Without Lupul.. not much chance of going 2 rounds
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Lispen this thread thucks asth, but it does expothe leafholes
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Tiger wrote:Arachnid said:
No, Patties Subject name was a call to arms, inflammatory even and as someone pointed out, this is a Canucks message board first, hockey talk next...where do the Laughs fit in?
OK but it might be better to arm with hockey facts?.. The fact is they have about the same amount of points as the Canucks and have accumulated them against much tougher opposition. Reimer is having a great rookie season.. They have 3 players with more goals than our best forward.. They are younger and if they get Lupul back they maybe could win a couple rounds.. Look at the difference in our team when Kesler came back. I enjoyed reading Aarons post because it was based on FACTS not just a stream of schoolboy invectives..
The negative facts are: Not much experience.. A lot of holes in their 3rd and 4th line. A rookie goaltender who may not hold up under pressure.. Without Lupul.. not much chance of going 2 rounds
The facts are its the leaves, there must be a fan boy page someplace for this shit go find it and puke your guts out to your hearts content over there...

You have to ask yourself why do you care or better yet why do think anyone else would care what the leaves do this year?

Why not start a New York Islander thread?? They've had a resurgent year...why not them?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wottyamean you guess?! :evil:

I'm cheer'n for Ovie and crew, does that not scream I hate the Laughs no matter if they were the last team standing for Kanada?! :look:

I actually use to like Boston (Neely era) before totally lost my respect on the way to the Cup win and I would cheer for them over the dread Taranna team any day. You have no idea my pain living in the middle of hell :(

Not for much longer though :mrgreen:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Gillis gave up Magic40 for Baltard :evil:

(how's that boss?)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Arachnid wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wottyamean you guess?! :evil:
Hey...if spitting it out makes it any easier then do whatcha gotta do
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Diehard1 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Another brilliant game by James Reimer. He now has a save % of .925%. One of the best in the NHL. Luongo who?

If the leaves don't win a couple of rounds this year, they will soon. What a great young team they are. The future is very bright. Second youngest NHL team and look how good they are.
Don't forget that 26 year old journeyman, played all of 30 games in the league (and 18 of those this season) Ben Scrivens has comparable numbers to Reimer. A defensive system can sure can make a goalie look good - ask Ilya Bryzgalov, Mike Smith or Ben Bishop.

This Leaf love is getting ridiculous - no wonder nobody likes Leaf fans, not a word fro 10 years and as soon as they are 5th in the shitty eastern conference they spam every internet site out there.
Just to point out, Reimer in his rookie season put up very similar stats in Wilson's horrific "Run N' Gun" system. So you can't just say this is on the system. Besides, Carlyle doesn't impliment a defensive trap system like Tippett does in Phoenix. It's just better than Ron Wilson's, which was the worst in the league.

And calling Scrivens a "Journeyman" is not fair. The leaves are his only NHL organization he's played for, and he was the top AHL goalie last season. He's older because he was undrafted and went the U.S college route. He's got nice upside.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

(wiggle wiggle)