GDT Canucks @ Nashville Pro-golfers - 5pm S-NetP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT Canucks @ Nashville Pro-golfers - 5pm S-NetP

Post by Zamboni Driver »

The Preds are locked in a tight race with the Oilers......... for this year's biggest disappointment in the West.

Wasn't it about a year ago that Nashville was moving up into the elite teams, adding Radulov, Kostytsin & Gaustad? How's that workin' out? :twisted:
Anyways, tee times coming soon for the Preds

Linup looks to be the same, although Kesler may try out at wing. :eh:

Looks like Luongo will start today, the first of a back-to-back
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT Canucks @ Nashville Pro-golfers - 5pm S-NetP

Post by sagebrush »

Another experiment from the mad giggling juggler awaits us. In the form of:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Burrows - Roy - Kesler
Kassian - Ebbett - Raymond
Sestito - Lapierre – Weise.

The supporting caste:

Hamhuis – Garrison
Edler – Bieksa
Alberts – Ballard
Luongo.

Let’s see how long the forward lines last.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

sagebrush wrote:Another experiment from the mad giggling juggler awaits us. In the form of:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Burrows - Roy - Kesler
Kassian - Ebbett - Raymond
Sestito - Lapierre – Weise.
The supporting caste:
Hamhuis – Garrison
Edler – Bieksa
Alberts – Ballard
Luongo.

Let’s see how long the forward lines last.
I like the "juggle".. and putting together Roy,Kesler and Burrows gives the Canucks a great scoring line without losing defensive abilities.. Hansen with the Sedin's ..just might make the twins wake up and play at their best..Preds are a bit better than the Av's team that beat the Canucks last game.. So it was time to make changes..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The giggler comes up roses...again! Just like when he put Burrows with the bobsie twins and changed the hockey world :mex:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nice brain fart by Baltard, but it's OK, cause it's all AV's fault, not his.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:Nice brain fart by Baltard, but it's OK, cause it's all AV's fault, not his.
Nah, he's just trying to wake Lu up and get him in the game. ;)

Just what the doctor ordered - Roy gets a goal, & Kesler scores on the PP. :mrgreen:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Anybody else get a look at Filip Forsbergs wrister? :shock: Holy hell McPhee should be shit canned for that one
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

A pretty good game from the team. Nashville is completely depleted due to injuries and on a one-way trip to the NHL's basement this year. But the Canucks owned the 1st, surrendered ground in the first 15 minutes of the second period and played on their heels a bit. Then we took over in the 3rd.

Kesler and Roy on a line together sure paid off. I imagine we'll see that again tomorrow. The downside to that it that it significantly weakens the 3rd line. Schroeder should be called back up and Ebbett sent down. Schroeder can do all the things Ebbett does, but he can play in the offensive zone much more effectively. Either that or move Kassian up with the twins and Hansen back down to the 3rd line and use it as a checking unit.

The PP looked a lot better tonight, but I found that the first unit again was out performed by the second group. Garrison is clearly a MUCH better option than Edler. In the last few games I have noticed that when the second unit wins the offensive zone faceoff a scoring chance is generated off of Garrison's stick very quickly. The passes coming to him aren't even perfect either. Tonight we saw a faceoff win, a scrum near the point, and a rushed pass under pressure from Raymond that Garrison simply pounded by a screened Rinne. The next PP saw the 1st unit back out to start it off, and they squandered over a minute without even gaining the zone before the 2nd unit got a chance to even try. That was my only real frustration with the team tonight.

I loved that Kassian went after Rinne. Rinne gave him a little whack with the stick as Kassian cruised through the top of the crease, then with no defenders around Kassian sets up OUTSIDE the blue ice and Rinne delivers a Pronger-esque crosscheck to his back. Most of our team would have just taken that like pussies. I liked his response, who cares if you're a goalie, you want to play like a regular skater then fine, you get the same treatment. Team response to that was a bit sad.

Burrows should be wearing the "C" in games like this. Other than Kesler he is the one guy on the team that NEVER quits, can play any situation, with any linemates, and against any opponent. His work against Hal Gill was awesome, non-stop, take the abuse, keep fighting, draws a penalty, Garrison scores, then he gets the deflection while working against Weber to put the Canucks over the top. He gives up 45 pounds to Weber and 55 pounds to Gill.

Ballard didn't have a great game again, but according to the lineup Vigneault had him back on the right side. I just can't make sense of that. He's been with the team for 3 seasons, and from day one he has struggled on the right side.....so play the other guy there. I dunno. I can't fault Vigneault for Ballard's gaffs, but I can't help but think he's intentionally setting the guy up to fail.

The non-call on the high stick to Roy was absolute bullshit. The puck was right there, not sure what the officials were looking at.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Nice brain fart by Baltard, but it's OK, cause it's all AV's fault, not his.
One brain fart by Ballard and you are all over him. Have you seen all the brain farts that Bieksa and Edler had in the last dozen of games?? RD, why don't you blame it on Booth too?

Anyhow, Kassian should just destroy Rinne. He is such a dick. If Rinne wants to start a war, he should fight instead of having his defensemen to rescue his sorry ass. That is one of the reasons why I always enjoy the Canucks lighting him up almost every game. :lol:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Help !! Am in Thailand and was not able to follow the game..
No TV feed and my net connect with 1040 went down :(
Just checked the box score.. Looks like Kess centered the line with Roy and Hansen on it ?
guess AV put Burrows back with the twins?
We were outshot but were we outplayed?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

sagebrush wrote: The supporting caste:

Hamhuis – Garrison
Edler – Bieksa
Alberts – Ballard
Luongo.
What? You have a caste system in Canada?! :eh:

Would the supporting caste belong to the Warriors, Laborers or Untouchables?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Nice win. Good to have goals from Kesler, Roy and Garrison.

The Canucks are officially no longer a one line team! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Ballard might have struggled but he's not alone. I'm convinced Bieksa has been injured for a while and is trying to play through it. Unfortunately it's affecting his play. As for Albert......why, on the Preds 2nd goal, did he back in so far? Isn't he meant to engage sooner? Looked like a house midget player.

A win's a win. I'm still not confident about the team's play. Kes is looking good and Roy is a great addition. Is this going to carry us through? Hmmm, I think I'll be reaching for the Depends in a few weeks.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

cjc wrote: A win's a win. I'm still not confident about the team's play. Kes is looking good and Roy is a great addition. Is this going to carry us through? Hmmm, I think I'll be reaching for the Depends in a few weeks.
Tomorrow will be the first real test for this team since the trade deadline. Calgary, Edmonton, Phoenix, Nashville, Colorado......Meh. St. Louis will test them. The Blues are just coming together as a team now and are much deeper and more talented than any of the teams Vancouver has faced since the addition of Roy and Kesler's return.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I've been pleased with Alberts game. I mean is he a depth guy and has played well within his limitations. He does bring some toughness. Ballard with a real brain fart but at least his didn't lead to a goal Kevin. I agree Kevin needs to rest fro a good 7-10 days before the playoffs start but unless Tanev is ready to go I don't see much chance of him coming out of the line up. As long as we don't have the division locked we need to try and ice the best team we have.

I liked Kassian's game tonight, He was hitting everything and his positioning in the D zone was better.
It will be nice to have Higgins back to give us more punch and speed.

Ebbett has not been bad and he does bring speed and good defence. But if we are going to keep Roy on wing I would like to see JS get the call to hold down the third line.

Lappy/Weise/Ebbett isn't a bad 4th line.
The only HW the Canucks need