OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Hockey Widow »

Who knew that Heatley was the glue that held that team together :mrgreen:

Seriously though if Minny keeps this up they could find themselves slipping out of a playoff spot. They are only a few more losses away from 8th and then ...

Tampa, Philly need goaltending :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I don't care who we face. The effort has been there the last few games. Going to the net, looking for dirty goals. It's all good.

But.....

If this team doesn't find a way to actually start capitalizing a few more times per game it won't matter who we face because we'll be out in a hurry. I would also like to point out that in the last few wins where the team has looked much more focused and ready to put the work in and pay the price, the defense has not been subjected to an aggressive forecheck. LA, SJ, Detroit, and St. Louis, are all going to bring the pressure and I fear we will be watching our defense turn the puck over and give up odd man chances. I know everyone likes to think we look good on the blueline, but the fact is that when they get pressured there has been no answer.

As for LA, I don't see them as being as big of a threat this year. They will play hard for Daryl, but they haven't gotten the goaltending from Quick that they did down the stretch last year.....and it has nothing to do with a short summer. The really sad thing for us though is that they are better at scoring goals, not by much, but they are better. They are also stronger up front than we are, physically speaking.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Boston could face Toronto.

Rask vs Reimer
Seguin vs Kessel
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Boston could face Toronto.

Rask vs Reimer
Seguin vs Kessel
In this case Toronto is done in 5 games. Fans won't care, they tasted the playoffs for the first time in nearly a decade. Ownership might be pissed, but if they are ousted by the Bruins then they probably won't be overly upset over not getting Luongo. Though he probably would have gotten them to game 6 by winning the first couple on home ice.

:P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:Boston could face Toronto.

Rask vs Reimer
Seguin vs Kessel
It's funny 'cause there are a lot of Bruins fans here...with their team sucking the paint off the ice for the 2000's a lot of them starting cheering for a winner and it t'weren't gonna be the dreaded Habs or Sens...Buffalo is not considered an NHL team for them either.

When the Canucks played Boston I took a lot of attacks and chants of Go B's.

I will, most of us will be cheering for our nemesis if they were to meet in round 1

There is one prominent dick in our neighbourhood whose nephew is an all-star and plays in the East. He was all over me (after the fact, I might add) when we lost game 7. Harassing me in public when I was with my family, wearing my gang colours proudly in tha 'hood...oh you're day is coming Mr. Dick, don't you worry, where my revenge will be sweeeeeeeeet..... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mondi wrote:I'd root for Toronto against Boston, no question.

The question is how would the CBC handle it? Lots of former Bruins and leaves working for that station.

Thats a tough one. I guess I would hope for a 7 game series where the goals against are horrific and a lot of injuries pile up. And then I hope TO loses and the second guessing can begin about what could have been if only they had an NHL caliber goaltender.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:

The question is how would the CBC handle it? Lots of former Bruins and leaves working for that station.

Thats a tough one. I guess I would hope for a 7 game series where the goals against are horrific and a lot of injuries pile up. And then I hope TO loses and the second guessing can begin about what could have been if only they had an NHL caliber goaltender.
It would be nice if the scores are lopsided in all the games... :twisted: :mrgreen:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:

You're not thinking BIG enough! How about their two planes returning from game 2 (series ties 1-1) and they collide in mid-air? :devil:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Cornuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

You're not thinking BIG enough! How about their two planes returning from game 2 (series ties 1-1) and they collide in mid-air? :devil:
Now you're talking... :twisted:

What are the odds we could slip some Russian aircrew onto their charter planes with a case of vodka under the seats???
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Hockey Widow wrote: Seriously though if Minny keeps this up they could find themselves slipping out of a playoff spot. They are only a few more losses away from 8th and then ...
Yep, although the team that's *really* playing with fire is Detroit. http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/westernstandings.html gives them a 40% chance of missing.... the Stars (60% chance of missing) have really come on in spite of their sell-off. Blue Jackets and Coyotes have a 10% chance each of getting in.
I figure Detroit is due to miss one of these years, (Aren't they? I've been thinking that since the salary cap came in. :wow: ), but I would rather watch Detroit than most of the alternatives. Would love to see Columbus make it (their fan base has suffered enough), and an epic collapse by the Wild would please me.

Playoffs? Bring on LA, please. We have to beat them all, and if we stay healthy we can, so let's start with revenge.

(edit: just looked it up. Detroit has made the playoffs for 21 straight seasons. :shock:

edit: Unless the TML team plane crashes next week, the Oilers will soon be the proud owner of the longest active streak of playoff misses, at 7 years. :lol:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I'm definitely rooting for Columbus to squeak in.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Looks like Tambalenni's time in Edmonton is done and McTavish is now the GM.
Interesting times out there as the Oilers perform below expectations yet again.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They needed to try and trade one of their young talented guys for some D. They could use a veteran goalie to replace the Bulin Wall next year. Duby seems to be OK for now but certainly they need some upgrade in net. But it is defence that they lack.

Maybe we can trade them Ballard in the off season for Yak? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

darren wrote:
Playoffs? Bring on LA, please. We have to beat them all, and if we stay healthy we can, so let's start with revenge.
100% agreed. There is no better way to start the first round than playing against the team that beat the Canucks last playoffs. The Canucks did it in 2011 and went all the way to the SCF.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

CoHo in the Garden's pressure cooker this evening.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.