Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Diehard1 »

BigTuna wrote:Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-leaves. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.
Sure are trying are to cover this up for some reason. The next time a national commentator brings a Hab, Sen, Jet, Oiler, Flame or Canuck on TV and kisses him get back to me.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Just one HNIC broadcast without a leaf game....
Just once.... C'mon one time... ONE TIME!

La Fangul Gnnnnn whad am I gunna do wit dis guy??
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BigTuna wrote:Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-leaves. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.
Are you listening to yourself, you are just like them.. :stupid:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dave Nonis - Executive of the Year? The leaves are playoff bound for the first time since when? They have 51 points, Canucks have 52 points. leaves are 7-2-1 in last 10, Canucks are 7-3 in last 10. It will be interesting to see which club ends up with more points? It's down to the wire.

Can you imagine the wave of depression that will succumb this city if the leaves end up with more points than the Canucks this season?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Dave Nonis - Executive of the Year? The leaves are playoff bound for the first time since when? They have 51 points, Canucks have 52 points. leaves are 7-2-1 in last 10, Canucks are 7-3 in last 10. It will be interesting to see which club ends up with more points? It's down to the wire.

Can you imagine the wave of depression that will succumb this city if the leaves end up with more points than the Canucks this season?
The Cheeseburgler "Randy" Nonis handed the squad from his fellow transfat lover Burke for executroid of the year for 50 odd points....

Yet fire Mike "luggage eyes" Gillis (handed the squad from said fellow fat Irishmen) for two consecutive presidents trophies, 4 northwest championships, a western division championship, a Stanley cup finals appearance and soon to be final last ever northwest champion for a record 5th time...??

Zip up your shorts there Dude, yer little big tuna is showing...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
Devestating smack, dat

Anyhow I am providing you with a link to the Mayo Clinic on 'Selecting an anti-depressant that is right for you' just in case the leaves have a more successful run at the cup in this there playoff season. I think you'll need it. Proceed - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antide ... ts/HQ01069
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Is keep that link because yes I would need pharmacological help if the leaves ever won the Stanley cup before we do...
Lucky for me the odds of that happening this year are slim and none...

As for going farther than the Canucks meh, Big Tina's media will make it seem like that no matter what anyway...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:Is keep that link because yes I would need pharmacological help if the leaves ever won the Stanley cup before we do...
Lucky for me the odds of that happening this year are slim and none...

As for going farther than the Canucks meh, Big Tina's media will make it seem like that no matter what anyway...
I'm glad you are open to the idea of you prescribing to anti-depressants, uk...you seem very uptight about the surging leaves.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Dave Nonis - Executive of the Year? The leaves are playoff bound for the first time since when? They have 51 points, Canucks have 52 points. leaves are 7-2-1 in last 10, Canucks are 7-3 in last 10. It will be interesting to see which club ends up with more points? It's down to the wire.

:lol: The real kicker is they woke up here today planning the Stanley Cup parade route and yelling WE ARE A CONTENDER AND WILL CRUSH MONTREAL BOSTON AND PITTSBURGH ON THE WAY TO VICTORY.

Vancouver fans? Oh my Gawd, the sky is falling , we suck, we are not a contender, our goaltenders suck (for various reasons), we can't score, our defence rests (literally)

It's not interesting if the Laughs finish with more points, that's just silly, it's who wins more playoff series...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:

The Cheeseburgler "Randy" Nonis handed the squad from his fellow transfat lover Burke for executroid of the year for 50 odd points....

Yet fire Mike "luggage eyes" Gillis (handed the squad from said fellow fat Irishmen) for two consecutive presidents trophies, 4 northwest championships, a western division championship, a Stanley cup finals appearance and soon to be final last ever northwest champion for a record 5th time...??

BD is from Ontario so please forgive him if he is biased. 8-)
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

If the leaves get more points than the Canucks they will have proven they are the better team.. They play a lot tougher schedule in a much tougher division.. Do I think either team is a contender ? NO.. The Canucks just don't have the " fire in the belly" and the leaves don't have the talent.. The last nucks game was a display of "the Union game - show up but do as little as possible"? UK Canuck must be proud of them :).. Maybe the leaves are a bit hungrier? The last player in a Canucks uniform who displayed that "fire" was Kesler and thats a few years ago now..Yeah I am a Canucks fan but just cancelled my ticket back from Thailand.. This years edition of the Canucks isn't going to the SC finals . If they get shithouse luck and great goaltending they may win the first round .
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Tiger wrote:If the leaves get more points than the Canucks they will have proven they are the better team.. They play a lot tougher schedule in a much tougher division.. Do I think either team is a contender ? NO.. The Canucks just don't have the " fire in the belly" and the leaves don't have the talent.. The last nucks game was a display of "the Union game - show up but do as little as possible"? UK Canuck must be proud of them :).. Maybe the leaves are a bit hungrier? The last player in a Canucks uniform who displayed that "fire" was Kesler and thats a few years ago now..Yeah I am a Canucks fan but just cancelled my ticket back from Thailand.. This years edition of the Canucks isn't going to the SC finals . If they get shithouse luck and great goaltending they may win the first round .
Hard to disagree more. Aside from Lupul, the leaves have been a healthy all year. The Nucks have not, to put it mildly. If these two teams faced each other in a 10 game series the Nucks are massive favourites. Not to say the leaves aren't a solid team, but they are not all that close to the Nucks.

I still love everyone overlooking the Nucks this year - dont really care what everyone says, I'll just watch the games.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Arachnid wrote:

:lol: The real kicker is they woke up here today planning the Stanley Cup parade route and yelling WE ARE A CONTENDER AND WILL CRUSH MONTREAL BOSTON AND PITTSBURGH ON THE WAY TO VICTORY.

Vancouver fans? Oh my Gawd, the sky is falling , we suck, we are not a contender, our goaltenders suck (for various reasons), we can't score, our defence rests (literally)

It's not interesting if the Laughs finish with more points, that's just silly, it's who wins more playoff series...
Wow. What part of Toronto are you from. LOL.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BigTuna wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Wow. What part of Toronto are you from. LOL.
The Vancouver part :evil:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Diehard1 wrote:
Tiger wrote:If the leaves get more points than the Canucks they will have proven they are the better team.. They play a lot tougher schedule in a much tougher division.. Do I think either team is a contender ? NO.. The Canucks just don't have the " fire in the belly" and the leaves don't have the talent.. The last nucks game was a display of "the Union game - show up but do as little as possible"? UK Canuck must be proud of them :).. Maybe the leaves are a bit hungrier? The last player in a Canucks uniform who displayed that "fire" was Kesler and thats a few years ago now..Yeah I am a Canucks fan but just cancelled my ticket back from Thailand.. This years edition of the Canucks isn't going to the SC finals . If they get shithouse luck and great goaltending they may win the first round .
Hard to disagree more. Aside from Lupul, the leaves have been a healthy all year. The Nucks have not, to put it mildly. If these two teams faced each other in a 10 game series the Nucks are massive favourites. Not to say the leaves aren't a solid team, but they are not all that close to the Nucks.

I still love everyone overlooking the Nucks this year - dont really care what everyone says, I'll just watch the games.
hmm so did you watch the AV's game ?.. and what part of my post do you disagree with? I agree we got more talent.. ( stated that ) I Hate TO.. but they are doing well in a lot tougher division than the Nucks... Injuries .. yep you get more injuries if your team isn't hitting or backchecking .. Maybe its the "sleep doctor" ? A chance to wrap up a playoff spot and the whole damm team (exception Hansen) went to sleep..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice