Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Tanti09 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:How does that Hall slash not get the attention of the NHL? He is a repeat offender to boot. In my mind that is worthy of at lest 2 games.

Yeah that was a vicious slash to a guy's back. Can't believe he didn't even get a fine!

And it looks like Jeremy Jacobs picked up the phone to Buttman on the Volchenkov elbow. 4 games? Even though I am bias against the Bruins and do think Marchand is a asswipe, that still seems excessive for a glancing blow.

Well, it was more than a glancing blow and Volchenkov is a repeat offender, is he not?

It was deserving of 4 games. It was a deliberate hit to the head, even though it couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby the Dogsalmon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tanti09 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:How does that Hall slash not get the attention of the NHL? He is a repeat offender to boot. In my mind that is worthy of at lest 2 games.

Yeah that was a vicious slash to a guy's back. Can't believe he didn't even get a fine!

And it looks like Jeremy Jacobs picked up the phone to Buttman on the Volchenkov elbow. 4 games? Even though I am bias against the Bruins and do think Marchand is a asswipe, that still seems excessive for a glancing blow.

Well, it was more than a glancing blow and Volchenkov is a repeat offender, is he not?

It was deserving of 4 games. It was a deliberate hit to the head, even though it couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.

i watched it 4 or 5 times and almost felt bad about the fact that i couldnt stop smiling...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-Leafs. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby BurningBeard » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm

BigTuna wrote:Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-Leafs. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.

What is the "Leafs" team you're talking about? Sorry, I haven't heard of them before.
"In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument" - CC Hall of Fan poster Betamax
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Diehard1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 pm

BigTuna wrote:Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-Leafs. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.

Sure are trying are to cover this up for some reason. The next time a national commentator brings a Hab, Sen, Jet, Oiler, Flame or Canuck on TV and kisses him get back to me.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 am

Just one HNIC broadcast without a leaf game....
Just once.... C'mon one time... ONE TIME!

La Fangul Gnnnnn whad am I gunna do wit dis guy??
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 am

Are you listening to yourself, you are just like them.. :stupid:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 am

Dave Nonis - Executive of the Year? The Leafs are playoff bound for the first time since when? They have 51 points, Canucks have 52 points. Leafs are 7-2-1 in last 10, Canucks are 7-3 in last 10. It will be interesting to see which club ends up with more points? It's down to the wire.

Can you imagine the wave of depression that will succumb this city if the Leafs end up with more points than the Canucks this season?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 am

RoyalDude wrote:Dave Nonis - Executive of the Year? The Leafs are playoff bound for the first time since when? They have 51 points, Canucks have 52 points. Leafs are 7-2-1 in last 10, Canucks are 7-3 in last 10. It will be interesting to see which club ends up with more points? It's down to the wire.

Can you imagine the wave of depression that will succumb this city if the Leafs end up with more points than the Canucks this season?

The Cheeseburgler "Randy" Nonis handed the squad from his fellow transfat lover Burke for executroid of the year for 50 odd points....

Yet fire Mike "luggage eyes" Gillis (handed the squad from said fellow fat Irishmen) for two consecutive presidents trophies, 4 northwest championships, a western division championship, a Stanley cup finals appearance and soon to be final last ever northwest champion for a record 5th time...??

Zip up your shorts there Dude, yer little big tuna is showing...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 am

ukcanuck wrote:

Devestating smack, dat

Anyhow I am providing you with a link to the Mayo Clinic on 'Selecting an anti-depressant that is right for you' just in case the Leafs have a more successful run at the cup in this there playoff season. I think you'll need it. Proceed - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antide ... ts/HQ01069
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 am

Is keep that link because yes I would need pharmacological help if the leaves ever won the Stanley cup before we do...
Lucky for me the odds of that happening this year are slim and none...

As for going farther than the Canucks meh, Big Tina's media will make it seem like that no matter what anyway...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 am

ukcanuck wrote:Is keep that link because yes I would need pharmacological help if the leaves ever won the Stanley cup before we do...
Lucky for me the odds of that happening this year are slim and none...

As for going farther than the Canucks meh, Big Tina's media will make it seem like that no matter what anyway...

I'm glad you are open to the idea of you prescribing to anti-depressants, uk...you seem very uptight about the surging Leafs.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 am

RoyalDude wrote:Dave Nonis - Executive of the Year? The Leafs are playoff bound for the first time since when? They have 51 points, Canucks have 52 points. Leafs are 7-2-1 in last 10, Canucks are 7-3 in last 10. It will be interesting to see which club ends up with more points? It's down to the wire.

:lol: The real kicker is they woke up here today planning the Stanley Cup parade route and yelling WE ARE A CONTENDER AND WILL CRUSH MONTREAL BOSTON AND PITTSBURGH ON THE WAY TO VICTORY.

Vancouver fans? Oh my Gawd, the sky is falling , we suck, we are not a contender, our goaltenders suck (for various reasons), we can't score, our defence rests (literally)

It's not interesting if the Laughs finish with more points, that's just silly, it's who wins more playoff series...
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:03 pm

ukcanuck wrote:

The Cheeseburgler "Randy" Nonis handed the squad from his fellow transfat lover Burke for executroid of the year for 50 odd points....

Yet fire Mike "luggage eyes" Gillis (handed the squad from said fellow fat Irishmen) for two consecutive presidents trophies, 4 northwest championships, a western division championship, a Stanley cup finals appearance and soon to be final last ever northwest champion for a record 5th time...??

BD is from Ontario so please forgive him if he is biased. 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Tiger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:39 pm

If the Leafs get more points than the Canucks they will have proven they are the better team.. They play a lot tougher schedule in a much tougher division.. Do I think either team is a contender ? NO.. The Canucks just don't have the " fire in the belly" and the Leafs don't have the talent.. The last nucks game was a display of "the Union game - show up but do as little as possible"? UK Canuck must be proud of them :).. Maybe the Leafs are a bit hungrier? The last player in a Canucks uniform who displayed that "fire" was Kesler and thats a few years ago now..Yeah I am a Canucks fan but just cancelled my ticket back from Thailand.. This years edition of the Canucks isn't going to the SC finals . If they get shithouse luck and great goaltending they may win the first round .
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat