Canucks Vs AHLvelanche S-Net P 1040 12pm PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Vs AHLvelanche S-Net P 1040 12pm PST

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Hejduk with the winner :shock:
Hmmmm...that'll be tough since he's not playing
This is probably what you meant:
19:52 Colorado Avalanche COL Jan Hejda 1 (Assists: David Jones 6, Tyson Barrie 9) 3 - 4
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
herb wrote: for some reason I just had a mental image of Shane O'Brien and a fat chick... :cry:
Just don't touch yourself while you're crying
Best post of the thread :D :D

Moving right along....
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Mëds wrote:It's a circus of fools in Vancouver right now when it comes to the PP, starts behind the bench. Edler shouldn't be on the ice as an option for the top unit. He can't handle the puck at the point under pressure, and he can't do shit with it when he's open unless it's a perfect pass. Garrison is a much better option, but Vigneault keeps him on the 2nd unit with minimal PP opportunity.....the occasional bump up to the 1st unit.....and it usually pays off, but for some reason Edler is back out there next PP or next game or whatever.

The Sedins can't make a quick decision on the PP. They want things too perfect and for some reason follow whatever hair-brained playbook Newby Brown has drawn up for the man-advantage. That is why Edler gets the puck and takes the lame shot or the one that misses or is blocked. It's why Kesler should be on the second unit with Derek Roy. I hope one game they try that with Garrison and Kesler out there on unit 2. That PP would be scary. We know they won't try it intentionally, coaching on this team doesn't seem to have the wherewithal to realize that having those two out there as options to hit for one-timers would keep a PK honest and give you weapons on both sides of the ice. At least some more players are going to the net now.....
herb wrote: Does anybody else absolutely LOVE when AV bumps Lapierre up in the lineup... :? Fuck me. Lapierre is effective as a 4th liner, but I almost want him off the team so that AV loses the option of moving him up, where is he badly exposed.
Vigneault is an idiot. Plays favorites. Always has. Likes his plumbers. Thinks it's a good thing to reward hard working blue collar players, even when they are in over their head drowning in the deep end with the big fish.
herb wrote: Maybe I am alone, but I would really like to see Kassian back with the Sedins. Hansen lacks finish, and is at his best when he is fast and aggressive, which he can't be with the twins because of their slow passing game. I really feel like we will be wishing the Sedins had some muscle on their line when the rough stuff starts in the real season. A confident Kassian would go a long way towards ending some of the BS the twins see from Chicago, LA, etc.
Vigneault is an idiot. He will put Kassian back with the Sedins in the playoffs. If it pays off he will take all the praise the media gives him for finding the right combinations and knowing where to put his players. If it fails he will blame the players and fall back on the need for players to be versatile and play in any situation with any linemates within the team's system. Of course nobody will call him out and ask why he expects that to work when he hasn't given said players a chance to gel in game situations and get comfortable playing with each other.

Vigneault is an idiot. Too many people in seem to think he's Scotty Bowman Jr.
Don't you know, Mëds, there is no such thing as chemistry. Good players are able to adapt to any line with anyone immediately. If they can't then they are obviously not good players. That is what makes plugs and plumbers so awesome. Their talent level never changes and you always know what to expect from them. Hence, why they should always be one's goto players. Any coach who doesn't understand this and utilize it doesn't know the first thing about hockey...
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

sagebrush wrote:Nice assist by Bieksa. :scowl:
He earned his share by the eastern european bet mafiosi.... :mex:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I believe AV is line maker deficient. Short bus deficient :sly:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

One thing of note is that Vancouver has an almost non-existent physical forecheck. Nobody finishes their checks. Not sure if this will change when the playoffs begin but I can't see a team going very far without it.
Also of note, teams that DO have one generally give VCR fits in their own zone. Colorado finished every hit and we all saw the result.
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

....so.... Nobody wanna give da boys a pass for coming into mile high two days before the game and not being properly oxygenated like that phat puck Don Cherry says is suicide?

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin....
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Uncle dans leg wrote:One thing of note is that Vancouver has an almost non-existent physical forecheck. Nobody finishes their checks. Not sure if this will change when the playoffs begin but I can't see a team going very far without it.
Also of note, teams that DO have one generally give VCR fits in their own zone. Colorado finished every hit and we all saw the result.
No Booth or Higgins to do that for us right now. You're right, we do miss a good forecheck.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:....so.... Nobody wanna give da boys a pass for coming into mile high two days before the game and not being properly oxygenated like that phat puck Don Cherry says is suicide?

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin....
Excuses, excuses...Colorado is arguably the worst team in the NHL. We shat the bed, plain and simple. Goat of the game? Bieksa? Schneider? Lappiere?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:
No Booth or Higgins to do that for us right now. You're right, we do miss a good forecheck.
I'm thinking Booth...this team lacks a pulse without him in the line-up...totally disregard the stats that the Canucks have a better record without him in the line-up than they do with him in the line-up. Those stats are overrated.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

They won the five before and lost by one shitty goal. Not quite time to wave the white flag yet.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote:They won the five before and lost by one shitty goal. Not quite time to wave the white flag yet.
I hear ya HomeBrew.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Uncle dans leg wrote:One thing of note is that Vancouver has an almost non-existent physical forecheck. Nobody finishes their checks. Not sure if this will change when the playoffs begin but I can't see a team going very far without it.
I believe this to be strategic. Why push now when it doesn't matter? Why risk injuries? It even allows other teams to underestimate them further as they enter the playoffs as sleeper-contenders.
RoyalDude wrote:Excuses, excuses...Colorado is arguably the worst team in the NHL. We shat the bed, plain and simple. Goat of the game? Bieksa? Schneider? Lappiere?
Agreed. Schneider just screwed his numbers by coming back from illness too quickly. I thought that seemed odd, especially when Lou played so well last game. Put the sick guy in? Just stupid. Bieksa had a brain fart. Lappiere scored a goal and forgot who he was and started to make sedin behind-the-back passes ... only to spoil his otherwise good game. Too bad.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
herb wrote:
I'm thinking Booth...this team lacks a pulse without him in the line-up...totally disregard the stats that the Canucks have a better record without him in the line-up than they do with him in the line-up. Those stats are overrated.
By that logic, they shouldn't dress Kesler either because they have a better record without him in the line up as well :wink:

Booth draws penalties, finishes his checks hard and drives the net like clockwork. No, he isn't worth 4+mill/year but he's already on the books til this years up. There's nothing you can do about it and remember...he is definitely an asset.

If it's not your money, why worry so much Dude? Next years cap issues will be sorted....next year!
If you need air...call it in
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Add lousy backchecking to the list .. the second and third line ( Kessler and Roy lines ) with the exception of Hansen played about 50% of their talent level.. I got up early morning grabbed a cab .. went across Bangkok Thailand to watch this f*ng game and get ribbed by 3 guys from TO and a bunch of American fans in a Swedes Bar/Restaurant.. The "sleep doctors" must of ODed the whole damm team.. got back to my apartment and cancelled my ticket back to Vancouver.. Much better action here:)..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice