Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by wafflecombine »

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

BurningBeard wrote:Did anyone see the slash that Taylor Hall dished out last night? It was brutal.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... big-slash/

That's a tap on the ankle that puts Bobby Clarke to shame.
Wow... that's the kind of BS play that probably makes the 'Yotes wish they'd kept Torres around. Hall has a tonne of talent but he is a cheap little punk on this crap.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

wafflecombine wrote:Apparrently worthy of 4 games.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=237895
Another blown call by Shanny.

Volchenkov was protecting himself as Marchand was taking a run at him :look:
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Vader wrote:

And Hall doesn't even get a hearing.
2011..... the one that got away.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

If Howard gets $5.3m per year, I just don't see Luongo being an "expensive" goalie. Schneider would be a steal at $4m.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420473

The Detroit Red Wings and goaltender Jimmy Howard are close to finalizing a six-year, $31.8 million contract extension.

"It definitely means a lot," Howard told Craig Custance of ESPN.com. " started my career here, being drafted almost 11 years ago this June. It definitely means a lot to stick around here."

The 29-year-old Howard has been with the Red Wings organization since being drafted by the club in the second round (64th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He is the first goalie in franchise history to win at least 35 games in each of his first three full seasons.

Through 33 games this season, Howard is 16-12-4 with a 2.41 goals-against average and .917 save percentage. His 16 victories currently places him 11th in the NHL.

Howard was set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after signing a two-year, $4.5 million contract in 2011.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Jovocop wrote:If Howard gets $5.3m per year, I just don't see Luongo being an "expensive" goalie. Schneider would be a steal at $4m.

The Detroit Red Wings and goaltender Jimmy Howard are close to finalizing a six-year, $31.8 million contract extension.

"It definitely means a lot," Howard told Craig Custance of ESPN.com. " started my career here, being drafted almost 11 years ago this June. It definitely means a lot to stick around here."

The 29-year-old Howard has been with the Red Wings organization since being drafted by the club in the second round (64th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He is the first goalie in franchise history to win at least 35 games in each of his first three full seasons.

Through 33 games this season, Howard is 16-12-4 with a 2.41 goals-against average and .917 save percentage. His 16 victories currently places him 11th in the NHL.

Howard was set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after signing a two-year, $4.5 million contract in 2011.

its the term i think that skewes it...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:If Howard gets $5.3m per year, I just don't see Luongo being an "expensive" goalie. Schneider would be a steal at $4m.

its the term i think that skewes it...

Luongo's contract has a few out clauses. It's not like he can't be trade once he is traded for...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

How does that Hall slash not get the attention of the NHL? He is a repeat offender to boot. In my mind that is worthy of at lest 2 games.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vader wrote:

LOL Exactly. He saw Marchand's ear come flying at him and all he did was put his elbow up to protect himself.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote: LOL Exactly. He saw Marchand's ear come flying at him and all he did was put his elbow up to protect himself.
Not to mention his beak!

That thing could take someone's eye out.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Hockey Widow wrote:How does that Hall slash not get the attention of the NHL? He is a repeat offender to boot. In my mind that is worthy of at lest 2 games.
Yeah that was a vicious slash to a guy's back. Can't believe he didn't even get a fine!

And it looks like Jeremy Jacobs picked up the phone to Buttman on the Volchenkov elbow. 4 games? Even though I am bias against the Bruins and do think Marchand is a asswipe, that still seems excessive for a glancing blow.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tanti09 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:How does that Hall slash not get the attention of the NHL? He is a repeat offender to boot. In my mind that is worthy of at lest 2 games.
Yeah that was a vicious slash to a guy's back. Can't believe he didn't even get a fine!

And it looks like Jeremy Jacobs picked up the phone to Buttman on the Volchenkov elbow. 4 games? Even though I am bias against the Bruins and do think Marchand is a asswipe, that still seems excessive for a glancing blow.

Well, it was more than a glancing blow and Volchenkov is a repeat offender, is he not?

It was deserving of 4 games. It was a deliberate hit to the head, even though it couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tanti09 wrote:

Well, it was more than a glancing blow and Volchenkov is a repeat offender, is he not?

It was deserving of 4 games. It was a deliberate hit to the head, even though it couldn't have happened to a more worthy guy.

i watched it 4 or 5 times and almost felt bad about the fact that i couldnt stop smiling...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-leaves. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

BigTuna wrote:Funny...People here were arguing with me last week that HNIC is so pro-leaves. Please watch tonight's telecast and tell me that. The excuses over Price's equipment is hilarious. And Healy just did an expose on Reimer's issues as a goalie when the Habs goalies let in 4 goals in 5 shots in the first period.
What is the "leaves" team you're talking about? Sorry, I haven't heard of them before.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.