Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:It's only natural, if all the media was out of van....adnauseum
Yeah they are naturally biased...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

I travel a lot, and I think the Toronto media is the least biased of the 7 teams in Canada. Even Montreal's media has softened a lot. Ottawa's media is just a joke the rim jobs they give to the Sens over everything.

The truth is, most people outside of Toronto know little about our media.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:I travel a lot, and I think the Toronto media is the least biased of the 7 teams in Canada. Even Montreal's media has softened a lot. Ottawa's media is just a joke the rim jobs they give to the Sens over everything.

Moron, the TSN, CBC are supposed to be the "national" media.
Of course the local media are going to be homers.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

BigTuna wrote:I travel a lot, and I think the Toronto media is the least biased of the 7 teams in Canada. Even Montreal's media has softened a lot. Ottawa's media is just a joke the rim jobs they give to the Sens over everything.

I've lived in Toronto for 12 years now, and if you can't see the rimjobs the media here give the leaves you are blind and deaf. TSN and CBC absolutely cater to the leaves - Cherry refers to 'us' when he's talking about the leaves for instance, and Ron Maclean is as big a Leaf fan as there is (I know this well because he plays on my hockey team).

That said - the only team to consistently beat the leaves in ratings at any time in Canadian TV history have been the Canucks for the past 5 years or so. Te Lafs are a huge draw and yes, it's true that most of their fans are complete morons but you could say the same for many if not most Nuck fans.

To say there isn't a bias though - that's just asinine.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Bull fucking shit. I been here since 1983 and this city is the shitiest biased media ever. Every year the leaves are going to win the Cup...blah fucking blah...I don't even listen to the local media and I still hear about (because their fans repeat the same crap as the media).
You want the truth, you want the truth? You CAN handle the truth!
The media is what kept Toronto so shitty for so long. They believed their own hype. The fans believed that just making the playoffs was good engough when in reality they (the media)should have been saying suck suck suck for 5 years and draft draft draft for the future butt nooooooo they gotta be Canada's team!. :lol: Fuck them and the child molesting demon curse from Ballards MLG...

*pees on tunas head*

Ahhhhh I feel better now 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From the NHL.com:

Marchand left the game and didn't return after getting elbowed in the head by Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov with 4:49 left in the second period. He needed help off the ice from Andrew Ference and Jaromir Jagr and headed straight for the dressing room.

Now normally I don't like to see players get hurt but well, its scum bag and if you catch the replay I can't help but think he embellished, he did take a nasty elbow but I'll believe he is really hurt when he misses a few games.

Volchenkov laid a nasty and he will gets suspended a few games for that one, but, well, it was scum bag.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :twisted:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Beauty hit! Volchenkov for the Norris! Gillis, go out and trade for this guy and then give him a $25 million contract! :lol:

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Arachnid wrote:

Bull fucking shit. I been here since 1983 and this city is the shitiest biased media ever. Every year the leaves are going to win the Cup...blah fucking blah...I don't even listen to the local media and I still hear about (because their fans repeat the same crap as the media).
You want the truth, you want the truth? You CAN handle the truth!
The media is what kept Toronto so shitty for so long. They believed their own hype. The fans believed that just making the playoffs was good engough when in reality they (the media)should have been saying suck suck suck for 5 years and draft draft draft for the future butt nooooooo they gotta be Canada's team!. :lol: Fuck them and the child molesting demon curse from Ballards MLG...

*pees on tunas head*

Ahhhhh I feel better now 8-)

You've got to be kidding me! Show me one piece of evidence anyone in the Toronto media picked the leaves to win the cup ever. They don't even pick them to ever make the playoffs. The bullshit is coming from you my friend.

All the Toronto media does is crap on the leaves 24/7. You don't apparently listen to the media in your own city.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Diehard1 wrote:

I've lived in Toronto for 12 years now, and if you can't see the rimjobs the media here give the leaves you are blind and deaf. TSN and CBC absolutely cater to the leaves - Cherry refers to 'us' when he's talking about the leaves for instance, and Ron Maclean is as big a Leaf fan as there is (I know this well because he plays on my hockey team).

That said - the only team to consistently beat the leaves in ratings at any time in Canadian TV history have been the Canucks for the past 5 years or so. Te Lafs are a huge draw and yes, it's true that most of their fans are complete morons but you could say the same for many if not most Nuck fans.

To say there isn't a bias though - that's just asinine.
What about the Fan 590? TSN Radio? The Toronto Star? The Toronto Sun? And you can point out Cherry and I can give you tons of examples of guys on HNIC and TSN ripping the leaves. Hell when the Blaclhawks won the cup, the story on TSN's webpage was "leaves Biggest Losers!" Yeah, what homers they are. LOL.

Again, Toronto has the most negative media in the entire country.

And no, the Canucks do not consistently beat the leaves in the ratings at all. That's horseshit.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ukcanuck wrote:

Moron, the TSN, CBC are supposed to be the "national" media.
Of course the local media are going to be homers.
Why do you think TSn and CBC are the only examples of the Toronto media? The "Local" Toronto media certainly aren't homers.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:From the NHL.com:

Marchand left the game and didn't return after getting elbowed in the head by Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov with 4:49 left in the second period. He needed help off the ice from Andrew Ference and Jaromir Jagr and headed straight for the dressing room.

Now normally I don't like to see players get hurt but well, its scum bag and if you catch the replay I can't help but think he embellished, he did take a nasty elbow but I'll believe he is really hurt when he misses a few games.

Volchenkov laid a nasty and he will gets suspended a few games for that one, but, well, it was scum bag.
Gee.... if that isn't a bit of a dillemma for 'ole Buttman and Shanaban. Do you placate Jeremy Jacobs and the morally outraged mobs of yobs in Boston by suspending the A-Train for the rest of the season, or do you do right by Loyal League guy Lamoriello and go lenient? I wager Buttman and the league will remember the Kovalchuk contract and damn Volchenkov to purgatory for the rest of the regular season, maybe part of the playoffs.

...and after the suspension is announced, Marchand will be right back in the lineup joking with the training staff that he was 'trying to draw a Fiver'. :mex:
Tanti09 wrote:Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :twisted:
+1

I truly hope he can still barely remember his name this time next year. This guy is the worst example of douchebaggery on and off the ice. My brother and sister in law live in his hometown and barely anybody can stand him the way he acts back there. My nephews want nothing to do with him when they see him out.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Didn't see this earlier so deleted the thread I posted.

To me the hit look glancing but who knows. Hopefully he is out for a couple of games to prove the hit was real and not just another one of the famous Bruin's dives.

meh.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

You know, somewhere in Florida a certain Finnish defenceman is probably enjoying a quiet smile over this turn of events.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Did anyone see the slash that Taylor Hall dished out last night? It was brutal.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... big-slash/

That's a tap on the ankle that puts Bobby Clarke to shame.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.