GDT - Apr 10 - Van @ Cgy 6:30 SN pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT - Apr 10 - Van @ Cgy 6:30 SN pac

Post by sagebrush »

Tonight's line up..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hansen
Kassian - Roy - Weise
Ebbett - Lapierre - Sestito
Hamhuis - Garrison
Bieksa - Edler
Ballard - Alberts
Schneider

Roy no longer with Hansen, & Kesler no longer with Kassian.
The giggling juggler strikes again. muhaha

The other guys..

Tanguay-Backlund-Stempniak
Glencross-Reinhart-Jackman
Cammalleri-Horak-Baertschi
Begin-Jones-Cervenka
Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Butler
Sarich - Carson
Kiprusoff

McGrattan is still licking his wounds after getting run over by Weise.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Apr 10 - Van @ Cgy 6:30 SN pac

Post by Jovocop »

sagebrush wrote:Tonight's line up..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hansen
Kassian - Roy - Weise
Ebbett - Lapierre - Sestito
Hamhuis - Garrison
Bieksa - Edler
Ballard - Alberts
Schneider

Roy no longer with Hansen, & Kesler no longer with Kassian.
The giggling juggler strikes again. muhaha

The other guys..

Tanguay-Backlund-Stempniak
Glencross-Reinhart-Jackman
Cammalleri-Horak-Baertschi
Begin-Jones-Cervenka
Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Butler
Sarich - Carson
Kiprusoff

McGrattan is still licking his wounds after getting run over by Weise.
It would be nice if Weise could take out Jackman... I just don't want their goons to keep hurting our defensemen for these meaningless games.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Now that the opposition has to defend against three lines, the twins will come out to play.

Henrik with a hat trick. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Jovocop wrote:
It would be nice if Weise could take out Jackman... I just don't want their goons to keep hurting our defensemen for these meaningless games.
That would be entertaining. It would also be nice to be better at dealing with a strong forecheck.

Our D needed to pass the puck quicker in the face of Calgary's forcheck last time. Canuck forwards weren't coming back enough to provide easy outlets for the D.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Schneider out with the Flu.

University of Calgary goalie Dustin Butler will back-up Luongo.

I imagine Calgary will be crashing the crease tonight...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:mrgreen:
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

The Sportsnet panel just said the Canucks will have to consider a compliance buyout of Luongo's contract in the off season... good lord, these guys are hilarious. :roll:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BurningBeard wrote:The Sportsnet panel just said the Canucks will have to consider a compliance buyout of Luongo's contract in the off season... good lord, these guys are hilarious. :roll:
And they said Millers 6mill/year is high...but not as high as Luongo :crazy:
The glue sniffing by these media fucktards should seriously be addressed
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I sense a lot of them are trying hard to back track. I think they know they got played by the leaves. MG has complained often that the leaves were trying to lower Luongo's return via the media and they in some way succeeded. Now its like they feel sorry for Luongo but at the end they did say he will make whoever he plays with better. I think everyone sees the value Luongo brings and I think if these guys took the time to really look at his contract, age and physical conditioning they would realize that his contract is not as onerous as some want them to believe.

Luongo just may be at the point where he will go almost anywhere to get out. This could be good news.

But back to the game, yes there is a game tonight.

How boring. I just don't get up for Calgary anymore. I'm trying to watch but it is painful.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

So Kipper and The Abbotsford Heat got a lucky one early, but the Canucks struck back with some pure garbage. Then during the first intermission Vancouver realized that the Flames are a terrible team, took pity on them and played at about 70% for 30 minutes and let Lou get back into the swing of things with some shots and saves. Finally it was too much and Lap put one in and the team finally said, "to hell with this pity shit." Bieksa buried Backlund, literally tossed him and dumped him behind the net. His response summed up the overall feel of any game in which Calgary is involved......"What? What are ya gonna do?"

Really folks, what is Calgary gonna do to anyone outside of Denver, Colorado?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lol! Shortest GDT of all time? :?

Anyway, a 4-1 win and six points ahead of Minny. Nice.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Fr CowPuke:
Honestly, Vancouver reminds me of the Flames of a few years ago. Barren cupboard, aging team with cap issues, and a core that blew their one and only chance. Soon enough they will know the meaning of pain.
:eh:
But is he right? Maybe :shock:

Gaunce is the bright star in the cupboard which is already farther along than the Lames were 2 years after their run. Corrado is also a decent one but not the same quality of a prospect. Jensen is a good one as well but not blue chip IMHO.
What else do we have? Really though....

This offseason will be quite the challenge for ol Luggage eyes. He needs to shore up the line-up after the free agents walk and the dead wood get traded or bought out. He also needs to conclude the Luongo saga and address the lack of organizational depth. Good luck Mike...you're gonna need it me thinks
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Did I miss something? Over on Cowpuke they are going off about Bieksa's mean cross check to the mouth of Backlund. I mean I saw him shove, push, manhandled Backlund down at the end of the play but did he get him in the chops with his stick?

How about Luongo with 40 saves. I mean isn't it great to have a back up like that? Meanwhile over in Toronto I will give them that the only reason they got a point tonight was Reimer. But still Luongo a back up, wtf.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Fr CowPuke:
Honestly, Vancouver reminds me of the Flames of a few years ago. Barren cupboard, aging team with cap issues, and a core that blew their one and only chance. Soon enough they will know the meaning of pain.
:eh:
But is he right? Maybe :shock:

Gaunce is the bright star in the cupboard which is already farther along than the Lames were 2 years after their run. Corrado is also a decent one but not the same quality of a prospect. Jensen is a good one as well but not blue chip IMHO.
What else do we have? Really though....

This offseason will be quite the challenge for ol Luggage eyes. He needs to shore up the line-up after the free agents walk and the dead wood get traded or bought out. He also needs to conclude the Luongo saga and address the lack of organizational depth. Good luck Mike...you're gonna need it me thinks

You forgot JS. Seriously we do need to get some organizational depth. But the core is locked up for a few years yet and the twins have said they want one last contract and you know those Swedes chances are they stay in Vancouver and sign for 4-5 for 2-3 more years. Point being our window isn't closing too soon. MG needs to replenish the farm but he doesn't have to do it in one year. I still think he gets something for Luongo.

He will extend Tanev and that will lock up 5 D'men for some time. We have Cory in net and some depth on the farm. Next season is the season to see if JS can stick with the team and contribute.
It would be nice to see a good forward prospect come back in a Luongo deal though.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

One benefit to moving Luongo in the off season is there will be less pressure to return an impact player for an extended playoff run. That is, draft picks and prospects would be a much more palatable return in the summer than at the deadline.

Kassian (21) and Tanev (22) are the current wave of youth. Not there is any room for much more with the prime laden group.

Schroeder
Lack
Jensen
Gaunce
Corrado
Cannata

Its not all doom and gloom. If Vancouver was in the same position as Calgary, in sudden re-build mode, there could certainly be cause for concern. Vancouver has at least two more years of highly competitive hockey in them with this current group. But there certainly is room in the cupboard for an upper echelon prospect in return from Lu.

Who did Calgary get for Jerome and Kipper again? :lol: