Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Topper » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Rags must be hoping he fills the Dubinsky void.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Yikes!

Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Aaronp18 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:52 am

Luongo is probably counting his lucky starts he didn't get moved to TO. They do seem to have some revolutionary thinking going on over there though!

Randy has received too many blows to the head himself methinks!!

“I have a theory on concussions,” he said. “I think the reason there's so much more of them — obviously the impact and the size of the equipment and the size of the player — but there's another factor: everyone wears helmets, and under your skull when you have a helmet on, there's a heat issue.

“Everyone sweats a lot more, the brain swells. The brain is closer to the skull. Think about it. Does it make sense? Common sense?” said Carlyle, who said he'd never talked to a doctor about his premise, which he was introduced to by Jim Pappin, the former Leaf who also played his career helmet free.

“I don't know if it's true, but that would be my theory. Heat expands and cold contracts. The brain is like a muscle, it's pumping, it swells, it's a lot closer to the outside of the skull.”

:eh:

This definitely falls under the "it's better to keep your mouth shut and have everyone think your an idiot rather than open it and remove all doubt" theory.
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Randy should prescribe trepanning for his players.

Let the brain breath easier.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Benjo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Did anyone ask Dr. Recchi?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Arm every teacher and you can prevent gun violence in schools. Makes sense to me.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:17 pm

cant we just shoot anyone in royal blue and white and be done with it?
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Heatley done for the season, including playoffs.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Today on TSN they proclaimed the Leafs a lock to make the playoffs. They did the math and feel confident in predicting that the Leaf drought is over. With all the gaffs T.O. media has had this year I'd love to see this one bite them. But they would have to go on a big losing streak to get bumped out now. Still, just saying. On the same show they mention the Canucks in a fight to make the playoffs. Just saying, no bias at all for these guys.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Diehard1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 am

Hockey Widow wrote:Today on TSN they proclaimed the Leafs a lock to make the playoffs. They did the math and feel confident in predicting that the Leaf drought is over. With all the gaffs T.O. media has had this year I'd love to see this one bite them. But they would have to go on a big losing streak to get bumped out now. Still, just saying. On the same show they mention the Canucks in a fight to make the playoffs. Just saying, no bias at all for these guys.

I also find it funny that aside from Lupul the Leafs had had basically zero injuries all year, play in a weaker conference and are actually behind the Canucks in points, yet the Nucks who are finally getting healthy (relatively speaking) and are ahead of the Leafs are in a dogfight. Whatever - it's the media and who really cares, they speak for the masses and most of the time the masses can't even think for themselves.

Minny seems to be going into the tank just at the right time, Canucks are starting to ramp up their play when the playoffs approach as almost all veteran teams do. Hopefully it will mean a good run this year.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby herb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

Hockey Widow wrote:Today on TSN they proclaimed the Leafs a lock to make the playoffs. They did the math and feel confident in predicting that the Leaf drought is over. With all the gaffs T.O. media has had this year I'd love to see this one bite them. But they would have to go on a big losing streak to get bumped out now. Still, just saying. On the same show they mention the Canucks in a fight to make the playoffs. Just saying, no bias at all for these guys.

For what it's worth, both Toronto and Vancouver have a 99.7% chance of qualifying for the playoffs...the TSN bias is clearly showing here.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Also Vancouver now has a 77% chance at finishing as the 3 seed, and Minnesota only has a 21% chance. Toronto has a 0% chance of winning the Northeast... :D
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BigTuna » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 pm

LOL@ you guys thinking TSn is so pro Leafs. They rip on the Leafs more than any Canadian team. And the Leafs are a lock now BTW.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Mondi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah, a lock to get zonked by the Bruins in the first round.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 pm

BigTuna wrote:LOL@ you guys thinking TSn is so pro Leafs. They rip on the Leafs more than any Canadian team. And the Leafs are a lock now BTW.

you're funny

they rip on the leaves more than any other team because they focus on the leaves more than any other team. Even when they do pay attention to another canadian team its only in relation to how it affects the leaves and there puke fans....
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Mondi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:49 pm

There was certainly Leaf coverage during the first and second intermission of the Canuck-Coyote game the other night. Even though it was pushing 11PM in the EST.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat