Gino Odjick Interview - Reflections on Being a Canuck

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Gino Odjick Interview - Reflections on Being a Canuck

Post by wafflecombine »

Very interesting interview.

He has some choice words for Keenan and Messier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IVwPiKvVTI
Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Gino Odjick Interview - Reflections on Being a Canuck

Post by Jovocop »

wafflecombine wrote:Very interesting interview.

He has some choice words for Keenan and Messier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IVwPiKvVTI
That was a pretty good interview, thanks!

To sum it up, Gino hates Keenan and Messier. :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Glory days

Messier is such a dick! I didn't realize he was trying to turn the team into his own personal empire...
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Messier is such a dick! I didn't realize he was trying to turn the team into his own personal empire...
Gino wasn't the first one to say that but he gotta be the most honest one.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

An excellent interview thanks for the link. I had heard most of what he said at other times but I didn't know that Gino was traded because Keenan was mad at Pavel. Doesn't surprise me though as Messier and Keenan took this team deep into the toilet. At one point the franchise was spinning around the rim and it could have gone elsewhere. Burke despite the blustery BS'er he is, did a great job at bringing us back from the final flush. If something ever happened to AV I wouldn't be disappointed if Quinn was brought back to coach.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So why did Bure want out?
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:So why did Bure want out?
Maybe that whole rumour about Messier wanting in?! :shock: :crazy:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Glory days

Messier is such a dick! I didn't realize he was trying to turn the team into his own personal empire...

Someone had to rescue this team from Pat Quinn and his collection of clowns. In four years Quinn drove a very good team into the shitter. Without Iron Mike ..... no Bertuzzi, no Sedins and no Luongo.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Someone had to rescue this team from Pat Quinn and his collection of clowns. In four years Quinn drove a very good team into the shitter.
Blasphemer! :mad:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Someone had to rescue this team from Pat Quinn and his collection of clowns. In four years Quinn drove a very good team into the shitter.
How so ?

Quinn was a great coach and a decent GM for his first few years but he was asleep at the wheel from 95- 98.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
How so ?

Quinn was a great coach and a decent GM for his first few years but he was asleep at the wheel from 95- 98.
Sigh...I know. I just really liked the heart of that '94 cup run team. Tom Rennie was the biggest joke
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

It was painful to watch that team go from heroes to chumps. That rag-dolling of Linden by Claude Lemieux in the 96 playoffs was a low point for me as a Canucks fan. Actually, very reminiscent of Marchand on D.Sedin to be honest....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I was screaming at 16 to throw a punch but " the captain " just took it. Oh well he landed us McCabe, Bertuzzi and Jarkko.

Iron Mike took Mad Mike to the woodshed in that deal.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Maybe that team reached its pinnacle in 94, and I think it was inevitable that that team would have been dismantled sooner or later. It's just that it should never have happened the way it happened. I'll never forgive Keenan or Messier for that, and to hear Odjick speak of those times just opens up the old scar.

Yeah, yeah, look what Keenan brought in, yada yada yada. I'll give him that he got good return for the assets he moved. Thing is, Keenan just tore the building down and left the bricks lying around. Burke is the one who took those pieces and made them the team we enjoyed in the WCE years. Messier never turned that team around so much as he ran it into the ground with his Manhattan cronies.

I'd love nothing better than to see Gino lay an alleyway beating on Mess that leaves that puppy-pounder a vegetable the rest of his chrome-domed life. Have another Lay then, asshole.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Lancer wrote:Maybe that team reached its pinnacle in 94, and I think it was inevitable that that team would have been dismantled sooner or later. It's just that it should never have happened the way it happened. I'll never forgive Keenan or Messier for that, and to hear Odjick speak of those times just opens up the old scar.

Yeah, yeah, look what Keenan brought in, yada yada yada. I'll give him that he got good return for the assets he moved. Thing is, Keenan just tore the building down and left the bricks lying around. Burke is the one who took those pieces and made them the team we enjoyed in the WCE years. Messier never turned that team around so much as he ran it into the ground with his Manhattan cronies.

I'd love nothing better than to see Gino lay an alleyway beating on Mess that leaves that puppy-pounder a vegetable the rest of his chrome-domed life. Have another Lay then, asshole.
Totally agree. Another thing people forget is the fact Messier was the one in game six 94 who speared Linden with seconds left in a 4-1 loss. Cheap-shot fucking asshole Messier.Great leader? My ass.

As far as Pat Quinn is concerned, he has more class than Keenan, Messier and any of their other fucking NY cronies combined. The fact of the matter is Quinn came within a crossbar in game seven 94 of being the only Canuck coach to win the cup.

One thing I love is watching dick-head Keenan on TV squirming when he is passed up once again as a new coach is hired in the NHL. Love also the contrast between what Trevor has accomplished post- NHL and what Keenan has. Looks good on ya Mikey.