OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote:I've watched a fair amount of Habs games this year and I know it's early but this Galchenyuk is gonna be a beaut IMO. Excellent in both ends of the rink, plays with passion, your prototypical classic centre, great hockey sense, looks like a young Ron Francis out there. I'm liking this Hab team, good young pieces there.
Agree 1000% but the loss of Emilin will hurt. LOVE to see them beat Boston and remember the series with Cherry coaching B's. Looked better on him than his suits or the dog he plays with in a strange manner.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I've watched a fair amount of Habs games this year and I know it's early but this Galchenyuk is gonna be a beaut IMO. Excellent in both ends of the rink, plays with passion, your prototypical classic centre, great hockey sense, looks like a young Ron Francis out there. I'm liking this Hab team, good young pieces there.
Agree 1000% but the loss of Emilin will hurt. LOVE to see them beat Boston and remember the series with Cherry coaching B's. Looked better on him than his suits or the dog he plays with in a strange manner.
Ya Emilin will definitely hurt them. I wonder if Tambellini and crew is regretting drafting Yakupov and not Galchenyuk? I know I would. Centre's like that are impossible to get.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: I wonder if Tambellini and crew is regretting drafting Yakupov and not Galchenyuk? I know I would. Centre's like that are impossible to get.
Huge mistake by the Coil.
Yakupov=Slava Kozlov
Galchenyuk=Federov

Good one Special Steve :thumbs:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: I wonder if Tambellini and crew is regretting drafting Yakupov and not Galchenyuk? I know I would. Centre's like that are impossible to get.
Yakupov=Slava Kozlov
Galchenyuk=Federov

It's really starting to look like that, this Galchenyuk is looking like the real deal. I thought Yak was Ovi jr but he definitely is not all that impressive to me
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Yakupov=Slava Kozlov
Galchenyuk=Federov

It's really starting to look like that, this Galchenyuk is looking like the real deal. I thought Yak was Ovi jr but he definitely is not all that impressive to me
Lol let the kids develop...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

CorranHorn wrote:
No way! Results...NOW!!!
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

CorranHorn wrote:
You're right, but so far Galchenyuk is head and shoulders above Yak right now in maturity and hockey sense and all around ability, it's still early, but I'm always taking a centre over a winger.

I think the Oilers would be a much better team with a one two punch down the middle in RNH and Galchenyuk with Eberle and Hall as a winger for each.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Ownership wanted the Yak, not Tamby or Lowe.

Management wanted Ryan Murray, which is why they invited him to the World Championships last year. They went as far as to tell the Nuge they were going to draft him the night before the draft but ownership chimed in and told them to draft Yak.

Nuge and Murray have the same agent and had dinner the night before thinking they were going to be teammates the next day. This is my insider info. :wink:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

And to think we've been up in arms over the Canucks PP

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

A little something I saw that might be of interest to people here. After a 3-1 loss to the Flames, J.S. Giguere of the AV's UNLOADED on his team to reporters.

Its worth a read.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/04 ... ice/12915/
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

wafflecombine wrote:A little something I saw that might be of interest to people here. After a 3-1 loss to the Flames, J.S. Giguere of the AV's UNLOADED on his team to reporters.

Its worth a read.

I like how he doesn't take any blame himself on that 3rd goal that Tanguay put up under his arm from a bad angle. You could see the team just sag on that one, same with his reaction to it. JS is overrated, and his success has always come behind a team that is stacked or totally sold out to win by committee. His one amazing year in 2002 was just that, one year.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Mëds wrote:
wafflecombine wrote:A little something I saw that might be of interest to people here. After a 3-1 loss to the Flames, J.S. Giguere of the AV's UNLOADED on his team to reporters.

Its worth a read.

I like how he doesn't take any blame himself on that 3rd goal that Tanguay put up under his arm from a bad angle. You could see the team just sag on that one, same with his reaction to it. JS is overrated, and his success has always come behind a team that is stacked or totally sold out to win by committee. His one amazing year in 2002 was just that, one year.
Dunno Mëds.. his stats are about the same as Luongo's .. little better in the playoffs .. a few % pts save percentage points worse in regular season.. ( source NHL command ).. and he's got a Conn Smythe and a Stanley cup ring..salary listed at 1.5 mil.. age 35..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With a newly inked one year extension Mason gives up for in Philly.

Minny loses 1-0 in regulation. We are now 4 points up and even in games played. I would say the division is clearly in our hands to win or lose. Lets see if we can close it out and let some the of the walking wounded rest. Like Bieksa who they would love to rest for a week but just can't.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

It's starting to look like maybe Ben Bishop isn't the answer that Tampa Bay was looking for between the pipes.....

6-2 Pittsburgh in the late 3rd period. Bishop has let in some real weak ones.

Maybe goaltending isn't the problem at all, maybe their team defense is just piss poor.....after all, Bishop was very good in Ottawa where the Sens have totally bought in to the defense by committee approach.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Canucks now have an 93% chance of winning the division and a 99.9% chance of qualifying for the playoffs. Division is all but a mathematical lock now. Minnesota has picked a great time to go on a skid! They've now lost 6 of their last 10 games.

Canucks still could play one of St Louis, LA, San Jose, Minnesota or even Detroit in the first round. San Jose or Minnesota would be good, St Louis would be OK and LA would be terrible luck (again). Detroit has tore us apart twice this year, but on paper, they should be beatable. I'd rather see Detroit play Chicago.

Nashville, Edmonton, Calgary, Columbus and Colorado are either eliminated or all but eliminated from the playoffs. Phoenix, Dallas, Columbus and especially Edmonton need to pretty much win out to qualify.

What happened to Nashville this year? Jeez.

So, what I'm hoping for as the regular season winds down is for LA to stay out of the 6th spot, and Minnesota and Detroit are welcome to lose most of their remaining games. Other than that, I don't really care who we play in the first round.