Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Seventeen
That is the number I want to remember.
Seventeen games until we will host the Cup
From the last game of the regular season to the last game played in June.
It's also the man that will lead us to that holiest of Grails.
Ryan Kesler. He is healthy now for the first time in a long time. And wants one thing.
He was a raging Pit Bull last night, hungry, pissed and determined. Yet he isn't even in 100% top form.
We know he is often injured because of his all out rugged style of play but he has no other speed. He can't slow down.
When he is at the top of his game he is an unstoppable leader and force.
This is why Bobby Clucke wanted him and risked losing first round picks for him.
If he remains healthy from here to June we are a strong contender. He lifts up all those around him with his play.
Defence first then use talent and determination to score. Reminds me of Sixteen only meaner 8-)
16+1
We all knew this team was barely making ends meet and was missing a key ingredient (yet somehow stayed close to the top with the hodgepodge group of talent).
I think the Canucks are over the Boston Strangler hangover and are hungrier than before. Angrier than before.
They have stocked the team with some playoff big bruisers like Kassian, Pinizotto and Sestito because it is not a nice offencey picnic in the park.
This is war! And we need a General to lead the charge!
17!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: 17

Post by Tciso »

+1
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

...and I can't wait for the Stanley Fucking Cup playoffs and this teams chance to redeem themselves. I hope we fly under the radar of everyone this year by not winning the glee Presidents trophy (certainly some of the pundits on the broadcast last night thought we were not a contender, as do some of our fans :( ).
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Arachnid wrote: I hope we fly under the radar of everyone this year by not winning the glee Presidents trophy (certainly some of the pundits on the broadcast last night thought we were not a contender, as do some of our fans :( ).

Have you started watching again, or are you still in lockout mode?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

CFP! wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I hope we fly under the radar of everyone this year by not winning the glee Presidents trophy (certainly some of the pundits on the broadcast last night thought we were not a contender, as do some of our fans :( ).

Have you started watching again, or are you still in lockout mode?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's 9 games to go...I canna hold back now (I think it was Sasha's teary eyed standing O that finally put me over the edge :oops: ).

Was I ever really off the bandwagon? *looks down at his Johnny Canuck tatt on his testicles*

8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Elite Third Line Centre

8-)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, he looked great last nite. He was probably playing on adrenaline, so he'll probably taper off for a bit in couple games or so. Hopefully, he'll rev it up again come playoff time. Usually when guys come back from a major injury, it takes like a year or so for them to find their game again and get back to a high lvl. With Kes, I don't expect him to put up big points for the rest of the season, but if he can play great defensive game that made a selke winner that would be awesome. Some goals here and there would be gravy and hopefully he can stay healthy.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

He is the straw that stirs the drink...

And let's say we hoist it, and then if we're in the mood, host it after that.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, he looked great last nite. He was probably playing on adrenaline, so he'll probably taper off for a bit in couple games or so. Hopefully, he'll rev it up again come playoff time. Usually when guys come back from a major injury, it takes like a year or so for them to find their game again and get back to a high lvl. With Kes, I don't expect him to put up big points for the rest of the season, but if he can play great defensive game that made a selke winner that would be awesome. Some goals here and there would be gravy and hopefully he can stay healthy.
Yeah, I was a little pissed with him. I'm like 'Dude, conserve your energy, slow down, don't get hurt' and he didn't listen. :(
I don't know if he'll tapper off so much though. He's not like that to give 90% if he can give 100%. He has played injured for the better part of the last 3 years now and now wants to play into shape.
We will need him in all four rounds so his longevity has to outweigh his need to prove something. That's the mark of a true leader.

Maybe he realizes that he cannot keep the pace he is at and hope to play another 10 years in this league (maybe if he adjusts style to role player) so the window is NOW for him and his team.

I hate to be this guy in 40 years...Evel Fucking Knievel....

OK that's it, Knievel Kesler, that's my contribution for the run of 2013!

Tweet this bitches!

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:Seventeen
That is the number I want to remember.
17!
Agreed! :)

Image Image
Image Image
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

17 shades of pink in this thread.

EataPeach
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:17 shades of pink in this thread.
And you love the pink, don't ya, eh? :drink:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:17 shades of pink in this thread.

EataPeach
:lol:

Atta boy!

Follow the rainbow.... 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Searching for a pot of gold.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:Searching for a pot of gold.