GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-P

Postby Zamboni Driver » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 am

Ninth place Phoenix visits Vancouver tonight looking to pick up some points in the west.

Big news today - Kesler took the moring skate, but not expected to play. (I just heard that on TEAM)

Expect the same linup as against Calgary.
Phoenix road record is pretty poor, but should be a tougher test for the 'Nucks than Calgary
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby herb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am

Kesler skated this morning on a line with Raymond and Kassian...hmmmm. AV doesn't usually skate injured players with healthy players unless they are going to return.

Tanev did not skate, which is weird, because I thought he was immune to injury.

Heard Ballard did skate, but he'll probably be a healthy scratch anyway so who the hell cares.

Phoenix is a desperate team that has won three games in a row. The Canucks need to show up tonight.

Edit: CONFIRMED that Kesler is playing tonight! :D
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Zamboni Driver » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am

herb wrote:
Edit: CONFIRMED that Kesler is playing tonight! :D


Wow!
I just heard that too...
AV says that they will play him limited minutes to get him back into shape.

Ballard will play, Tanev is out
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Jovocop » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am

herb wrote:Kesler skated this morning on a line with Raymond and Kassian...hmmmm. AV doesn't usually skate injured players with healthy players unless they are going to return.

Tanev did not skate, which is weird, because I thought he was immune to injury.

Heard Ballard did skate, but he'll probably be a healthy scratch anyway so who the hell cares.

Phoenix is a desperate team that has won three games in a row. The Canucks need to show up tonight.

Edit: CONFIRMED that Kesler is playing tonight! :D


Both Kesler and Ballard will play tonight. Tanev must be injured by McGratten's hit. At the least, Weise nailed him right back
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby CFP! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

Kesler with Raymond and Kassian?

Anyone heard yet?

EDIT: Just announced

Sedins-Burr
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Blah blah blah....

And AV says Kesler isn't playing on PP/PK tonight.
Last edited by CFP! on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby sagebrush » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

Nice (& strange) to be strong @ centre now, but that third D pairing could be an adventure.
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby herb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 am

Tanev is day to day with a leg injury. Doesn't sound serious. Tanev has quickly become an integral part of our defense, and his absence will be felt.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Kesler back = huge!! :thumbs:

Unfortunately any time we lose a RH defenseman it's going to be an issue. Hopefully Tanev needs a few maintenance days from some bumps and bruises and that's all.

Excited to see our forward lines now that Kesler is back!
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Arachnid » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:Kesler back = huge!! :thumbs:

Unfortunately any time we lose a RH defenseman it's going to be an issue. Hopefully Tanev needs a few maintenance days from some bumps and bruises and that's all.

Excited to see our forward lines now that Kesler is back!


Seriously, that is awesome, I hope he takes a few shifts with Roy too just to see the mix...(yes, it will no doubt be on the powerplay but a guy can ice-dream can't he?!).
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Vader » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm

herb wrote:Tanev is day to day with a leg injury. Doesn't sound serious. Tanev has quickly become an integral part of our defense, and his absence will be felt.


Tanev has been a real target for other teams the past month...he's taken a few good hits now. Obviously he's got the attention of the rest of the league
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm

Arachnid wrote:Seriously, that is awesome, I hope he takes a few shifts with Roy too just to see the mix...(yes, it will no doubt be on the powerplay but a guy can ice-dream can't he?!).


Veenyo said he won't be using him on special teams, but hopefully that means no PK time and not the PP.

We can definitely use his shot and net presence on the powerplay.
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby herb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Vader's right, Tanev does get rocked from time to time and will need to change something up so he's not just absorbing all of those big hits because he's bound to get more than bumps and bruises if this continues.


Stoked to have Kesler back. Looks like a pretty damn sturdy lineup now. Fingers and toes are crossed that we are healthy from here on out.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:04 pm

@strombone1:

You want anything special on the iPad tonight @BizNasty2point0 ? I saved you a seat

:lol:

Luo is fucking priceless.
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Arachnid » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm

herb wrote:Vader's right, Tanev does get rocked from time to time and will need to change something up so he's not just absorbing all of those big hits because he's bound to get more than bumps and bruises if this continues.


Stoked to have Kesler back. Looks like a pretty damn sturdy lineup now. Fingers and toes are crossed that we are healthy from here on out.


Except for the D, Tanev plays big minutes...who the hell do we put back there? That Forward Ballard? :shock:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: GDT - Bettman's team (aka Phoenix) @ Canucks - 7pm Snet-

Postby Meds » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Good to see Kesler back. I like seeing him on the 3rd line as that is where he belongs. He is, IMO, second only to Datsuyk when it comes being a fore-checking, back-checking, defensively responsible center who can force turnovers and generate chances. He belongs on both special team units as well.

I would prefer to see Hansen on Kesler's RW instead of Kassian. I think Kassian lacks the defensive smarts and experience, at this point, but would really add to the offense on a line with Roy. He does think the offensive side of the game well and would create room for Roy. That being said, Kassian has shown decent smarts as a playmaker. He might be a good mix with Kesler as a guy that passes the puck and hits Kesler on the rush for shots. Who knows. I just know that Raymond-Kesler-Hansen would probably be the ultimate shutdown line out there right now.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3118
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Next

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest