Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: You guys sound like a bunch of babies. I know you all have your panties in a bunch for Nonis rooking Gillis Queen at the Trade Deadline but the leaves are on the verge of making the playoffs for the first time since 2004. In the eyes of Non-Canucks fans, Nonis is doing a good job there and seemingly is not going to get strong armed into acquiring a fucked up contract on a 34 year old goalie. Nonis job is safe in T.O. Leaf fans are all liking the job he's done so far and at a recent poll, 90% of Leaf fans are happy with the goaltending they got. We can be such homers here, think outside the box....and btw, Gillis used scum bag, sleeze ball tactics in buttering up Aqualini's to the idea of firing Nonis and hiring him...I am quite impressed with Nonis revenge on Gillis. Nonis owes Gillis fuck all, if anything he owes him payback. And you can't call Nonis move on Gillis low class when it was low class how Gillis had Nonis removed to get his job. Hows them apples, Gillis?

You guys all blaming Nonis for Gillis not getting a deal done for Luongo is rich. This all falls on Gillis sholders, but anyhow keep on coming to Gillis rescue, it's entertaining at least.

The beauty for Nonis is that he got Gillis to lower his demands on Luongo, Scrivens and two 2nd round picks and walked away, ain't no GM gonna offer more than that this summer with the pressure on Gillis to get his cap in order. In fact it will be less to the point where Gillis may have to waive him and send him down to the minors, ala Redden. Gillis is screwed.
What's with your man love for Randy ? Did he give you a lap dance at the Dufferin ?

I understand why Nonis didn't want to pay a premium for Roberto. That garbage franchise looks like it will get 2 home playoff games for the first time in a decade. Considering Burke built the team and Nonis is coattailing him with all those great core players...... Randy gets zero credit. Isn't that how it works ?

Fattycakes screwed up because he was basically gifted Luongo for Scrivens and picks, but he wanted to get back at Luggage Eyes and have the Canucks eat the salary. So he missed out on a great golaie at a great cap hit because his ego is as big as his gut. Mark my words he won't be a Leaf after Nonis's power play here. Gillis will trade him elsewhere for a 2nd .

you are missing the point Blob...Randy's job is safe as it could be...Leaf fans are spunking hard thinking they may get into the playoffs...if the Cheezburglar gets them into the playoffs or at least very very close he will be a God in Toronto...he doesnt need to get a goalie...as much as i hate to say it the leaves are a very improved team from the last 9 years and Randy does not want to fuck with success...Gillis got played...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not really my point DS. Randy could have gotten a high end goalie for 2 picks and Scrivens. He felt the need to stick it to Gillis. The price WILL go up in the summer for the leaves. It will likely be the same as it was for any other team. Nonis fucked his own team to fuck Gillis. He really showed everyone.

No he didn't.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not really my point DS. Randy could have gotten a high end goalie for 2 picks and Scrivens. He felt the need to stick it to Gillis. The price WILL go up in the summer for the leaves. It will likely be the same as it was for any other team. Nonis fucked his own team to fuck Gillis. He really showed everyone.

No he didn't.
No team wanted Luongo, so how is he sticking it to him?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Topper wrote:We all know MLSE set making the playoffs as the benchmark for the season, but if they do make the playoffs this year, the fans will not be happy with a 1st round exit. Especially a quick one.

If Reimer does a 2012 MAF, fans will turn on Nonis for having the chance to upgrade and not doing so.

I can't say I'm at all disappointed the deal did not happen. TO never had the assets I wanted in return.

From HW's post, it seems GMMG was willing to drop the price to appease Luongo more than anything. Similar, but not going as far as Burke did for Gigi when he waived him from the Ducks.
LOL. SO what do you expect for Luongo that Toronto doesn't have?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote:
Blah blah blah blah
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Reimer is having a solid year. I think Lou might be a slight upgrade over Reimer right now, but not a lot. Whether the leaves have Reimer or Lou in net, I doubt it'll make much a difference in the playoffs cuz they probably ain't going far either way. Also, Lou is a great regular season goalie, but in the playoffs he tends to have some problems. Throw in the fact that if we thought the media/fans were tuff on Lou here, it'll be like 10X worst in the centre of the universe. I'm not sure if Lou can handle that kind of scrutiny. TO is probably better off riding a young inexpreienced guy who has no baggage on him rather than with a guy who tends to choke in the big games.

In a couple years as Reimer gets more xp and Lou gets older, it'll be like the Schneider/Luongo situation all over again (sub in Reimer for Schneids). The understudy surpassing the aging veteran. Nonis will probably end up in the same situation as Gillis right now. How's he going to move an older goalie with a fat long term contract? Also, maybe Nonis was glad to do the deal, but TO ownership wanted the Canucks to take on some of Lou's salary, thus the deal fell apart.

So, I don't think Nonis lost much by not getting Lou. In the long term, he's probably better off just going with Reimer and staying away from Luongo. And he got his kicks in by playing gillis like the ugly girl desperately looking for a date to the prom. :lol:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote: LOL. SO what do you expect for Luongo that Toronto doesn't have?
A quality third line centre. We've since acquired a Centre that will allow us a 2A/2B combo. So yeah, there's nothing on Toronto's roster that we need.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Reimer is having a solid year. I think Lou might be a slight upgrade over Reimer right now, but not a lot. Whether the leaves have Reimer or Lou in net, I doubt it'll make much a difference in the playoffs cuz they probably ain't going far either way. Also, Lou is a great regular season goalie, but in the playoffs he tends to have some problems. Throw in the fact that if we thought the media/fans were tuff on Lou here, it'll be like 10X worst in the centre of the universe. I'm not sure if Lou can handle that kind of scrutiny. TO is probably better off riding a young inexpreienced guy who has no baggage on him rather than with a guy who tends to choke in the big games.

In a couple years as Reimer gets more xp and Lou gets older, it'll be like the Schneider/Luongo situation all over again (sub in Reimer for Schneids). The understudy surpassing the aging veteran. Nonis will probably end up in the same situation as Gillis right now. How's he going to move an older goalie with a fat long term contract? Also, maybe Nonis was glad to do the deal, but TO ownership wanted the Canucks to take on some of Lou's salary, thus the deal fell apart.

So, I don't think Nonis lost much by not getting Lou. In the long term, he's probably better off just going with Reimer and staying away from Luongo. And he got his kicks in by playing gillis like the ugly girl desperately looking for a date to the prom. :lol:
What makes you think you can come on here and destroy my pages and pages of rants with common sense?!?!?! :mad: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
What makes you think you can come on here and destroy my pages and pages of rants with common sense?!?!?! :mad: :mrgreen:
Don't worry HW. That theory falls apart when you factor in the leaves pursuing Kiprusoff, going so far as to offer him an extension. It's obvious they don't trust their goaltending.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Luongo only slight upgrade over Reimer!?
Yeah you lost me right there...perhaps you need to check the label on your shorts I think they might be royal blue and white...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote:Luongo only slight upgrade over Reimer!?
Yeah you lost me right there...perhaps you need to check the label on your shorts I think they might be royal blue and white...
Plus he forgot to at least once say Lap-dawg or Ball-tard...
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

If Luongo isn't better this year than Reimer (and he's not), then what's the point? He's 34 and signed for 9 years. Why give up on 25 year-old Reimer exactly? His performance thus far in his career has been very solid.

BTW-Another solid game by Reimer last night, allowing only 1 goal in a 2-1 leaves win. His save % is now .919

I'm confused why the decision should be he can never be a starter in the NHl and bring in Luongo.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
BigTuna wrote: LOL. SO what do you expect for Luongo that Toronto doesn't have?
A quality third line centre. We've since acquired a Centre that will allow us a 2A/2B combo. So yeah, there's nothing on Toronto's roster that we need.
Bozak can be that centre.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
If Luongo isn't better this year than Reimer (and he's not), then what's the point? He's 34 and signed for 9 years. Why give up on 25 year-old Reimer exactly? His performance thus far in his career has been very solid.

BTW-Another solid game by Reimer last night, allowing only 1 goal in a 2-1 leaves win. His save % is now .919

I'm confused why the decision should be he can never be a starter in the NHl and bring in Luongo.
Come back when your arent tying to compare one and half middling seasons to the body of work Luongo has including vezina considerations, massive win/loss record and an oly gold.
Your making an obvious and pitiful attempt to undervalue Luongo and over estimate Reimer

You know what RD perhaps your sock puppet should maybe just go away now, twice the amount if trollage isn't better :)
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ukcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Come back when your arent tying to compare one and half middling seasons to the body of work Luongo has including vezina considerations, massive win/loss record and an oly gold.
Your making an obvious and pitiful attempt to undervalue Luongo and over estimate Reimer

You know what RD perhaps your sock puppet should maybe just go away now, twice the amount if trollage isn't better :)

Funny, because last season Reimer was viewed as a terrible AHL goaltender with less than a half season played. I guess if he plays well=Too small sample size! If he struggles in a small sample size=he sucks!

.913 save% on his NHl career in a majority played in a horrific, non-existant defensive style led by Ron Wilson.