GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7724
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Let's see what Don Cherry says about the TO/Vancouver trade rivalry tonight! We know where his allegiances lie, but I think Nazim's got a think for Ron...
Image


The Flames come to town sporting a 2-8 record over there past 10. They're in the hunt for 1st overall(draft pick, that is), with 30 points on the season. No Iginla, No Bouwmeester. Played (and lost) last night.

Tanguay-Calamari-WhoreAk
Hudler-Backlund-Cervenka
Glencross-Stajan-Stempniak
McGrattan-Begin-Jackman

Wideman-Brodie
Giordano-Butler
Carson-Sarich

Kipper


The Canucks are 7-3 over their past 10. Vancouver is 2-1 vs the Flames this season, but lost their last game vs Calgary 4-2 on March 3rd. Sounds like Raymond and Weise return.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Raymond-Ebbet-Kassian
Sestito-Lapierre-Pinner

Bieksa-Edler
Garrison-Hamhuis
Alberts-Tanev

Schneider gets his 10th straight start.


4-1 Vancouver


Image

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Nice talent! I'm going for the blonde tho :twisted:
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am
Location: Living the Life

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Canuck-One » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Has Cherry come out of the closet yet? He sure likes to lay wet ones on the leaf players. These types of games where the opposition are as weak as a kitten always trouble me. We seem to play down to the team we're playing Canucks 2 -1.

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3056
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Jovocop » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote: The Canucks are 7-3 over their past 10. Vancouver is 2-1 vs the Flames this season, but lost their last game vs Calgary 4-2 on March 3rd. Sounds like Raymond and Weise return.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Raymond-Ebbet-Kassian
Sestito-Lapierre-Pinner


Shouldn't Weise replace Pinner if he is ready to go?

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7724
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: The Canucks are 7-3 over their past 10. Vancouver is 2-1 vs the Flames this season, but lost their last game vs Calgary 4-2 on March 3rd. Sounds like Raymond and Weise return.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Raymond-Ebbet-Kassian
Sestito-Lapierre-Pinner


Shouldn't Weise replace Pinner if he is ready to go?


Right you are Jovo. Weise is in and Pinner is out.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Hansen
Raymond Ebbett Kassian
Sestito Lapierre Weise

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12410
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Ya we tend to play down to the opposition. Right now Calgary is ripe for a spanking. I for one would like to see it. Kick em when they're down I always say.

I think Ballard was ready too but AV said yesterday he would not dress three returning players the same game.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Port Alberni

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by okcanuck » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I'm with U D L, the blonde is a definite all-star. Oh ya the game. 4-1 Nucks

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Arachnid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 pm

I predict 5-2! :D
Last edited by Arachnid on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Arachnid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Garrison = BC CANADIAN Salo in the post-season!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Arachnid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:27 pm

KiproSoft!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Kelly Hrudey is a total Flame Fluffer...
I've heard enough already about how awesome they are FFS
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6196
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Arachnid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Kelly Hrudey is a total Flame Fluffer...
I've heard enough already about how awesome they are FFS
Heh, you Fluffer...don't you think that has been bounced around and chased the cowards away enough lately? :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4208
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Kelly Hrudey is a total Flame Fluffer...
I've heard enough already about how awesome they are FFS
Heh, you Fluffer...don't you think that has been bounced around and chased the cowards away enough lately? :evil:
No...not quite enough :mrgreen:
Image
Ex-mulleted fuck-nut
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5746
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by Meds » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:56 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Right you are Jovo. Weise is in and Pinner is out.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Hansen
Raymond Ebbett Kassian
Sestito Lapierre Weise
Ya know, if you replace Ebbett with Roy, slot Kesler in, and the put Booth in over Sestito......that's actually a lineup that SHOULD put up a lot of goals.

If it doesn't, then the coaching needs a kick in the ass.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 10974
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT Apr. 6/13 Calgary @ Vancouver - 7pm - CBC

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Meds wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Right you are Jovo. Weise is in and Pinner is out.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Hansen
Raymond Ebbett Kassian
Sestito Lapierre Weise
Ya know, if you replace Ebbett with Roy, slot Kesler in, and the put Booth in over Sestito......that's actually a lineup that SHOULD put up a lot of goals.

If it doesn't, then the coaching needs a kick in the ass.
oh yeah, loads of goals. Flip the switch, Booth goes from scoring one empty netter in 11 games to a real Brent fucking Hull. If he doesn't, fire AV!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply