GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote:The Sedins seem to be having trouble reading their near side dman when he pinches in for a pass.....They have played the pass up the boards behind him on several occasions now tonight.
Too fancy. The jig is up on them. Let them sit there on the PP. They want you to make the first move, so they can backdoor it or out-number you. They really need a new look.

Stay in the lane. When Hank starts letting them rip, or attacking the slot with the puck... that's when they will need to adjust and we might see more success. As long as he sits along the wall doing nothing but stick handling, and everyone else is static, the PP will be junk.
Pretty much.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:For the record, I like the Dude.
And I like you Hockey Widow so I guess by default I like the little troll too
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I'm stuck watching the Oilers feed. Mark Spector is a fucking goof.

He's incredulous that Kiprusoff would sign a deal that didn't include a NMC in the final year. That he should "honour" his contract. ""Screwed" the Calgary Flames..." When McSorely pointed out that the final $1.5M year was never meant to be played, Spec just couldn't wrap his brain around it. "Why sign it?!" McSorely had to point out that it was a favour to the Flames (keeping the cap hit down), and Spector totally lost it.

The guy is clueless. If people actually listen to/read that guy it might explain why so many people think Luongo is worth nothing...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Andrew Alberts old ladys hot!
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I'm stuck watching the Oilers feed. Mark Spector is a fucking goof.

He's incredulous that Kiprusoff would sign a deal that didn't include a NMC in the final year. That he should "honour" his contract. ""Screwed" the Calgary Flames..." When McSorely pointed out that the final $1.5M year was never meant to be played, Spec just couldn't wrap his brain around it. "Why sign it?!" McSorely had to point out that it was a favour to the Flames (keeping the cap hit down), and Spector totally lost it.

The guy is clueless. If people actually listen to/read that guy it might explain why so many people think Luongo is worth nothing...
Sportsnet West has the WORST on-site broadcasting staff out there. Spector and Millions are complete morons.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote:West has the WORST on-site broadcasting staff out there. Spector and Millions are complete morons.
Yeah I have a hard enough time reading his demented ramblings on Sportsnet's web site. Seeing him on TV trying to talk hockey, and losing a debate to a meat puppet minority beater like Marty McSorely? Astonishingly bad.

The other mutant I can't stand is Gene Principe. He's like the special olympian home hardware commercial. You want to give him some screen time because he tries so hard... but it's still awkward to watch.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Higgins! :D

And Roy is noted in the box score with an assist.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:Higgins! :D

He looks good out there. Good pick-up Mike!

SLUT= Final?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:
dhabums wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Oilers could be a dangerous team in the playoffs if they make it, they starting to realize how good they can be.

Oooooh, "could be". That's really f***** deep. The Oilers "could be" in the lottery again. They are THAT good.
I win

dhabums responded to an antagonistic post with vitriol.
Let's call it a tie. The ***** was actually "antastically."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote:West has the WORST on-site broadcasting staff out there. Spector and Millions are complete morons.
Yeah I have a hard enough time reading his demented ramblings on Sportsnet's web site. Seeing him on TV trying to talk hockey, and losing a debate to a meat puppet minority beater like Marty McSorely? Astonishingly bad.

The other mutant I can't stand is Gene Principe. He's like the special olympian home hardware commercial. You want to give him some screen time because he tries so hard... but it's still awkward to watch.
Principe. Thank you. I could remember that retards name. The RSN West trio is the laughing stock of the sports media world.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Yeah Roy has looked good... That whole line (Hansein-Roy-Higgins) have looked great.

Having a real second line has really allowed the Sedins to shine.

Raymond should be back soon, and when Keslers back I'd like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Sestito-Lappy-Weise/Pinner

A little bit of puck retrieval, some grit and some finish throughout the top-9.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Arachnid wrote:

SLUT= Final?
Roy looks good so far. It was a beautiful pass to Higgins (another good signing). Too bad, Daniel could not beat the goal post.

Kassian finally scored... 4-0 payback. :lol:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jovocop wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

SLUT= Final?
Roy looks good so far. It was a beautiful pass to Higgins (another good signing). Too bad, Daniel could not beat the goal post.

Zassian had a good game for sure.

Can't wait to get Kesler back and give him 10 games or so to get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrrumble!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This team baffles me. One night they look like a farm team and the next like an NHL team. Well, OK, they were a farm team there for a while.

I liked Kassian's game. Great response to the discipline. He was good in the O zone and the neutral zone but he still needs to work on coverage in the D zone. He was a lost a few shifts there but it is a work in progress. If he could learn a few things from Higgins about working in the D zone he will have a complete game.

Roy looked good first game in. He had a few glaring give aways but made up for it with his speed. Great pass to Higgins.

Overall team D was very good tonight. The PK was great. The PP sucked, well except the 5-3. They need to get that ironed out before the playoffs.

Great pay back game. Cory with another SO. Great birthday present for Lou :mrgreen:

What I like right now with 11 games to go is we are 2 points clear of Minny. We have control over the division with only a few games left. No longer chasing the Wild.

Jensen is not ready and nor will AV give him top 6 minutes at this point in time, rightly so. He won't get the games in to burn his ELC.

Been a number of years since I was pumped about an Oiler game. Nice to see them back. Just in time because Calgary no longer excites me.
The only HW the Canucks need
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Jovocop wrote:

Party on :mrgreen: