What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

the Dogsalmon wrote:Gillis is going a great job...we should be back in late 90's form very soon...

You might actually have an audience if you provided some factual info about what makes Gillis such a shitty GM. The way you yammer on one would think he is Jack Gordon and Hairy Kneel rolled into one.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:Gillis is going a great job...we should be back in late 90's form very soon...

You might actually have an audience if you provided some factual info about what makes Gillis such a shitty GM. The way you yammer on one would think he is Jack Gordon and Hairy Kneel rolled into one.

do you think i give a fuck if i have an audience...i'm not like you Blob...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

you have even less of an audience now
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Point is Dogsalmon you never actually bring up what Gillis has done or hasn't done ..... you just bleat out the same bs line.... " I've been a fan for forty years and he will fuck this up like all the other GMs. " Maybe actually make a point instead of blathering about all the shitty things that have happened before will happen again and it's all the current GM's fault.

I am not happy with Gillis not beefing up the wing position, but really I have no idea who was available and what the price was. Make no mistake if this team flames out in round one he is done. Then will it be the new GM's fault that Cam neely was traded away ??? :drink: Have a puff and a drink . :roll:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

So Clowe rips it up in NYC with two goals and an assist in his debut...shit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

herb wrote:So Clowe rips it up in NYC with two goals and an assist in his debut...shit.

Really wanted Clowe.......slow as molasses but tough as a two dollar steak , a consummate pro and he has good hands.

Something tells me Gillis and co thought they had this in the bag kinda like J Schultz and S Doan.

As I say , flame out in round one and someone(s) will be taking the long walk off the short plank.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Really wanted Clowe.......slow as molasses but tough as a two dollar steak , a consummate pro and he has good hands.

Something tells me Gillis and co thought they had this in the bag kinda like J Schultz and S Doan.

As I say , flame out in round one and someone(s) will be taking the long walk off the short plank.
Would've liked Clowe as well...this core group with Schultz, Doan and Clowe would be an excellent group going forward.

Why didn't the Canucks didn't just "guarantee" a spot to Schultz? We needed a right sided D-man anyway...*sigh*
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

herb wrote: Why didn't the Canucks didn't just "guarantee" a spot to Schultz? We needed a right sided D-man anyway...*sigh*
If Quinn and McCaw had closed the deal with #99 maybe the call would have been in support of the Canucks instead of the Oilers.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Luongo Debacle will forever put a black mark on Gillis record as GM of your Vancouver Canucks. He's shat the bed on this whole thing right from when he gave Lou that stupid fucking contract in the beginning to not doing us all a favor, but most importantly, Lou a favor, by not getting rid of Lou at the Deadline. This summer, the offers will only be worse than the Scrivens, two 2nd round picks and taking on some of Lou's contract.

The further this goes, the worst it gets for Blobby Mac's good buddy - Gillis
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:The Luongo Debacle will forever put a black mark on Gillis record as GM of your Vancouver Canucks. He's shat the bed on this whole thing right from when he gave Lou that stupid fucking contract in the beginning to not doing us all a favor, but most importantly, Lou a favor, by not getting rid of Lou at the Deadline. This summer, the offers will only be worse than the Scrivens, two 2nd round picks and taking on some of Lou's contract.

In your opinion anyway.....
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

vic wrote:
herb wrote: Why didn't the Canucks didn't just "guarantee" a spot to Schultz? We needed a right sided D-man anyway...*sigh*
If Quinn and McCaw had closed the deal with #99 maybe the call would have been in support of the Canucks instead of the Oilers.
According to a guy who knows a guy in Westbank who knows Schultz dad, he was never going to sign with anyone but the oil... He's a young kid and wanted to play with all those other young guys so they could all share a razor together :D
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:The Luongo Debacle will forever put a black mark on Gillis record as GM of your Vancouver Canucks. He's shat the bed on this whole thing right from when he gave Lou that stupid fucking contract in the beginning to not doing us all a favor, but most importantly, Lou a favor, by not getting rid of Lou at the Deadline. This summer, the offers will only be worse than the Scrivens, two 2nd round picks and taking on some of Lou's contract.

Christ RD why dont you give it a break. Gillis had a deal in the off-season, Luongo nixed it, end of story. Why the fuck do you feel sorry for Luongo,he had his chance and blew it.
Dont get me wrong i think having Lou as a back-up heading into the play-offs is almost essential. Gillis would have got fuck-all for him anyway.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Rhoaw
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:Dave Pratt is certain that Lu will be moved by the deadline- to TO for Lupul
:bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl:
So the Prattster turned out to be a freakin' brilliant sage on that one eh? :mrgreen: