What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:Gillis is going a great job...we should be back in late 90's form very soon...

You might actually have an audience if you provided some factual info about what makes Gillis such a shitty GM. The way you yammer on one would think he is Jack Gordon and Hairy Kneel rolled into one.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby the Dogsalmon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:Gillis is going a great job...we should be back in late 90's form very soon...

You might actually have an audience if you provided some factual info about what makes Gillis such a shitty GM. The way you yammer on one would think he is Jack Gordon and Hairy Kneel rolled into one.

do you think i give a fuck if i have an audience...i'm not like you Blob...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:30 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

you have even less of an audience now
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:37 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Point is Dogsalmon you never actually bring up what Gillis has done or hasn't done ..... you just bleat out the same bs line.... " I've been a fan for forty years and he will fuck this up like all the other GMs. " Maybe actually make a point instead of blathering about all the shitty things that have happened before will happen again and it's all the current GM's fault.

I am not happy with Gillis not beefing up the wing position, but really I have no idea who was available and what the price was. Make no mistake if this team flames out in round one he is done. Then will it be the new GM's fault that Cam neely was traded away ??? :drink: Have a puff and a drink . :roll:
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby herb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 pm

So Clowe rips it up in NYC with two goals and an assist in his debut...shit.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 pm

herb wrote:So Clowe rips it up in NYC with two goals and an assist in his debut...shit.

Really wanted Clowe.......slow as molasses but tough as a two dollar steak , a consummate pro and he has good hands.

Something tells me Gillis and co thought they had this in the bag kinda like J Schultz and S Doan.

As I say , flame out in round one and someone(s) will be taking the long walk off the short plank.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby herb » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Really wanted Clowe.......slow as molasses but tough as a two dollar steak , a consummate pro and he has good hands.

Something tells me Gillis and co thought they had this in the bag kinda like J Schultz and S Doan.

As I say , flame out in round one and someone(s) will be taking the long walk off the short plank.

Would've liked Clowe as well...this core group with Schultz, Doan and Clowe would be an excellent group going forward.

Why didn't the Canucks didn't just "guarantee" a spot to Schultz? We needed a right sided D-man anyway...*sigh*
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby vic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm

herb wrote:Why didn't the Canucks didn't just "guarantee" a spot to Schultz? We needed a right sided D-man anyway...*sigh*

If Quinn and McCaw had closed the deal with #99 maybe the call would have been in support of the Canucks instead of the Oilers.
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:34 pm

The Luongo Debacle will forever put a black mark on Gillis record as GM of your Vancouver Canucks. He's shat the bed on this whole thing right from when he gave Lou that stupid fucking contract in the beginning to not doing us all a favor, but most importantly, Lou a favor, by not getting rid of Lou at the Deadline. This summer, the offers will only be worse than the Scrivens, two 2nd round picks and taking on some of Lou's contract.

The further this goes, the worst it gets for Blobby Mac's good buddy - Gillis
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm

RoyalDude wrote:The Luongo Debacle will forever put a black mark on Gillis record as GM of your Vancouver Canucks. He's shat the bed on this whole thing right from when he gave Lou that stupid fucking contract in the beginning to not doing us all a favor, but most importantly, Lou a favor, by not getting rid of Lou at the Deadline. This summer, the offers will only be worse than the Scrivens, two 2nd round picks and taking on some of Lou's contract.

In your opinion anyway.....
Meds
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm

vic wrote:
herb wrote:Why didn't the Canucks didn't just "guarantee" a spot to Schultz? We needed a right sided D-man anyway...*sigh*

If Quinn and McCaw had closed the deal with #99 maybe the call would have been in support of the Canucks instead of the Oilers.

According to a guy who knows a guy in Westbank who knows Schultz dad, he was never going to sign with anyone but the oil... He's a young kid and wanted to play with all those other young guys so they could all share a razor together :D
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby okcanuck » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm

RoyalDude wrote:The Luongo Debacle will forever put a black mark on Gillis record as GM of your Vancouver Canucks. He's shat the bed on this whole thing right from when he gave Lou that stupid fucking contract in the beginning to not doing us all a favor, but most importantly, Lou a favor, by not getting rid of Lou at the Deadline. This summer, the offers will only be worse than the Scrivens, two 2nd round picks and taking on some of Lou's contract.

Christ RD why dont you give it a break. Gillis had a deal in the off-season, Luongo nixed it, end of story. Why the fuck do you feel sorry for Luongo,he had his chance and blew it.
Dont get me wrong i think having Lou as a back-up heading into the play-offs is almost essential. Gillis would have got fuck-all for him anyway.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Cookie La Rue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:03 am

Rhoaw
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Meds wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:Dave Pratt is certain that Lu will be moved by the deadline- to TO for Lupul

:bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl:

So the Prattster turned out to be a freakin' brilliant sage on that one eh? :mrgreen:
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat