GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Well, here we go! Time to see what the Canucks look like with their shiny new center.

Expecting Derek Roy to be between Hansen & Higgins, but seeing how AV likes to juggle - who knows?

As usual the morons at NHL.com can't seem to get anything right, no wonder the Eastern media has such bonehead stories about Luongo's contract.
NHL.com cretins wrote:With 10 years and $64 million remaining on his deal, Canucks general manager Mike Gillis was unable to move the veteran goaltender before the deadline. While the Toronto Maple leaves appeared to be the most interested in Luongo’s services, the contract was simply too much to bear.

"My contract sucks," Luongo said bluntly Wednesday afternoon. "That's what the problem is, and unfortunately it's a big factor in trading me and it's probably why I am still here."
Uh, hold on here - how does 10 yrs & $64 mil remaining on a front-end loaded contract = $5.3 mil Cap hit?
(It doesn't - there is only about $40 mil remaining)

And another clunker
More NHL.come stupidity wrote:Alain Vigneault’s club enters Thursday’s action tied with the Minnesota Wild atop the Northwest Division standings at 44 points apiece, although the Wild are technically ahead due to possessing a game in hand.
No, actually VAN & MIN have both played 36 games, they have the tiebreaker in the ROW category. :roll:
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Coilers @ canucks, 7pm - SN-Pac

Post by CFP! »

Looks like Kassian is back up after we couldn't get Clowe.

Or maybe he is sober now.

Who knows. :drink:

EDIT: Cory, can you stop the first few shots tonight? Please?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Time to finish a damn check against these pansies. Bieksa was the only one to do that last game and if you don't....prepare to see Cory fishing a few pucks out of his net.
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

The Coilers are terrible on the road, lets knock these clowns out of a playoff spot.

Roy with a goal and two apples, team goes 2/5 on the PP.

We win 5-0 tonight.
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Moving on, Vancouver can do a lot to get themselves in a confident position for the playoffs.

Of 12 games remaining, 4 are against teams currently in playoff positions, and only 2 are against established *sure thing* teams.

Get back to their game. Get the "Dave Nonis doesn't like me" crap out of their heads and move on, hopefully with a healthy team and some substantial distance between them and Minnesota.

Trade deadline is past. Enough Shoulda-coulda-woulda and focus on beating the hell out of EDmonton.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Looks like (OK, it's a guess) to start the game, we might see:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Roy Hansen
Kassian Lapierre Jensen
Sestito Ebbett Pinizotto

Garrison Bieksa
Hamhuis Edler
Barker Tanev.

The giggling juggler takes it from there.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

So AV is once again the giggling juggler. I was just getting used to him being the stone unable to adapt to game situations.

Carry on.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The giggling stone?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

sagebrush wrote:The giggling stone?

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Should be an interesting game tonite. The oilers are red hot. They ripped us up a bit last time we faced them. Can the Nucks clip the wings of these youngs guns tonite and give them some payback? Also, the debut of newly acquired centre-man Derek Roy. A bit curious how he'll do tonite.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I expect a fire in the belly of the team tonight. Don't know what that means really but I expect it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Sounds like Bure is in town.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Oilers top scoring line of Eberle-RNH-Hall is a quick and small unit. If Alberts, Edler, and Bieksa, can step up and flatten a couple of these youngsters tonight early in the game it will slow them down. I think when you have an experienced team coming up against a young group of high flying finesse players the best way to stop them is to physically punish them. Not along the wall, but line them up with an open ice hit or two. Even if you surrender an odd-man rush, if your goalie can bail you out it is worth it. I don't care if the hits are a couple of seconds late and you have to kill 2 minutes for interference. Level those guys and remind them where they are playing now. They got lucky against us last time.....lucky that the team had it's head up Vigneault's ass, and lucky that neither Cory and Lou were ready to start. They waltzed over a VERY depleted Calgary squad, and while I'm sure that looks good on paper for the Oilers, Calgary is hands down the WORST team in the NHL right now.

I say start the 4th line and simply run over these guys, don't even worry about scoring a goal or getting possession. Just grind them into the ice and pound them into the boards for the opening shift. Then dump and chase and hammer their defensemen. Spend the first 5 minutes of the game setting the physical tone.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oilers could be a dangerous team in the playoffs if they make it, they starting to realize how good they can be.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote:I expect a fire in the belly of the team tonight. Don't know what that means really but I expect it.
It is what happens to white people in Mexico.

Let us pay more attention to the post deadline leaves goaltending status.

.867 sv% & 4.03 GAA.