Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Post by wafflecombine »

Wow, the TSN panels are just slagging Lou. All about the contract. Seem to feel that a half-bag of pucks and a used right-handed composite stick should be the going rate.

Very crazy.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dreger now reporting that yesterday Kipper told leaves he was very interested in their offer but this morning he changed his mind. leaves thought they were going to get him but hey they have no hard feelings.

What a load of crap this guy is.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

i heard canucks were runner-ups to get clowe, anyone know what did the nucks offer?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pens pick up Jussi Joiken for a conditional pick plus Canes keep part of the salary.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:i heard canucks were runner-ups to get clowe, anyone know what did the nucks offer?
No sure but heard it was comparable so the SJS gave Clowe the choice.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

wafflecombine wrote:Wow, the TSN panels are just slagging Lou. All about the contract. Seem to feel that a half-bag of pucks and a used right-handed composite stick should be the going rate.

Very crazy.
Giving themselves an out for when the deal doesn't happen.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:What is it that these guys don't get? They talk about with the cap going down no one can afford Luongo. Don't they get it's the cap and not the salary and term that matter with respect to the team cap. His cap hit, for a number one is only 5.3. That isn't a problem. Yes, the term is difficult but it is a moveable contract and the acquiring team has an out.
Yes, mostly clueless.
Where are the teams without an elite level goaltender?
Washington, Tampa, Florida, Colorado. Gee, they're all in the lottery. Yet the still moan about paying 6 or 7 mil for a goaltender

Sadly, I think MG's chance for best deal has already passed, he needed to make it at the beginning of the season
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Pens pick up Jussi Joiken for a conditional pick plus Canes keep part of the salary.
He's got big dentures to fill.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Zamboni Driver wrote: Sadly, I think MG's chance for best deal has already passed, he needed to make it at the beginning of the season
You mean in January when everyone had less than a week to digest and understand a new CBA?

Hell there are GM's out there that still haven't a clue about the specifics of the CBA .... *cough* FEASTER *cough*

I think the best chance will be this offseason when buyouts are all said and done. If Gillis gets what he wants today then fine but there will be more buyers this offseason, without question.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote: Sadly, I think MG's chance for best deal has already passed, he needed to make it at the beginning of the season
You mean in January when everyone had less than a week to digest and understand a new CBA?

Hell there are GM's out there that still haven't a clue about the specifics of the CBA .... *cough* FEASTER *cough*

I think the best chance will be this offseason when buyouts are all said and done. If Gillis gets what he wants today then fine but there will be more buyers this offseason, without question.
Agreed, wait for dust to settle, no pressure.

Get prospects or fill a need come Summer.

Edit: That said, I still want something to happen today, we need a little more depth going in... :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Teams that had high expectations this year, especially after last season:

Florida
Washington
Flyers
Carolina
Buffalo
Tampa
Rangers
Dallas
SJS
Phoenix

How many of those have a grade A goalie?

Well, the RAngers do, Caroline did until he got hurt and Buffalo does. Phoenix thought they did but Smith has been average this year, just an off year? Probably.

But boy, Florida, Tampa, Washington, Philadelphia could be playoff bound with someone like Luongo.

Burke made the same mistake here for years. Get a B goalie on an A team and hope you have enough to win.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

wafflecombine wrote:Wow, the TSN panels are just slagging Lou. All about the contract. Seem to feel that a half-bag of pucks and a used right-handed composite stick should be the going rate.

Very crazy.
Leaf TV lol.

come summertime that might be what the Gillis ends up getting but having lou as your back-up in the play-offs is not worth giving up for nothing.
no deal til the summer
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

I'm boycotting television this trade deadline. Twitter and this site for me. I'm much happier for it.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Burke made the same mistake here for years. Get a B goalie on an A team and hope you have enough to win.
Yup.

You can include a few more teams depending on playoffs performances without question.

Pittsburgh comes to mind especially with everything they've done recently. If MAF has a playoff like the past couple again it may not matter how many goals the Penguins can score.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Hey, it's better than FAN590 and constant Blue & While diarrheic verbiage.
@strombone1: Maybe the Blue Jays need a goalie to catch RA Dickey? Just sayin.......
Come'n Luo, tweet that the phone just rang!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)