What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Post by Jovocop »

Arachnid wrote: If not Bozak then who?

I think they are trying hard with the Panthers....

Flyers are a strong possibility too. Do we want Schenn?
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Pending paper work and trade call, Clowe is a Ranger. NYR may not be done as the possibility of adding a D-man exists. #tradecentre
Ballard? ;)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Arachnid wrote: Do we want Schenn?
Brayden? Sure
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote: where's that Fire AV thread?! :)
Maybe Clowe read it?
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Jovocop wrote:Can MG fire AV now? :lol:
Because the 6-shot first period against the Sharks after getting bitch-slapped by the Oilers two days prior wasn't enough?

Kind of reminds me of the Boston series:

1. Get slaughtered 8-1 in game 3 and come back in game 4 to lay a goose egg.
2. Get manhandled and slapped around in game 6 and come back home for game 7 to lay another.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Do we want Schenn?
Brayden? Sure
I will take Luke too.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040 27s
Gillis: Spoke with Clowe's agent. Felt Clowe wanted opportunity to go to East Coast. Geography was the "dictating" feature

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
#canucks talked contract extension with Ryane Clowe's camp. Gillis feels Clowe's biggest desire was to play on the east coast.
If that was the case, why bothered wasting time on him? :hmmm:
Perry Solkowski ‏@ctvperry
Gillis on trade deadline. "don't know if there will be much more activity when we get to tomorrow".
:?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: where's that Fire AV thread?! :)
Maybe Clowe read it?
:lol:

Or his agent, told him don't offend your old coach, tell them your Newf homing beacon is ringing....Lord Tunder'n!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Apparently the NYR were willing to commit to an extension for Clow but the Canucks were not. This was perhaps the biggest reason he choose NYR. An extension is expected soon.
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently the NYR were willing to commit to an extension for Clow but the Canucks were not. This was perhaps the biggest reason he choose NYR. An extension is expected soon.
If that is the case, Clowe isn't very smart then. He could easily score a big contract this offseason here or somewhere else. Why rushing into an extension now? Unless he worried that he could not perform like he used to or he is afraid to get injured.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently the NYR were willing to commit to an extension for Clow but the Canucks were not. This was perhaps the biggest reason he choose NYR. An extension is expected soon.
If that is the case, Clowe isn't very smart then. He could easily score a big contract this offseason here or somewhere else. Why rushing into an extension now? Unless he worried that he could not perform like he used to or he is afraid to get injured.
Yep that's exactly it, plus he figures he can demand a better price now, even after a crappy season.
Teams that think they are in the hunt are willing to overpay now.
After the season I bet the value of these tweeners goes way down, as there will be a bunch of 2nd & 3rd rounders available but not so much cap space, not to mention a bunch of recent buy-outs. (Ballard & Booth will also probably be available for cheap after getting bought out)
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Smart move by Sather. Trade a multiple 40 goal scorer and add a 0 goal scorer and extend him...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote:

Smart move by Sather. Trade a multiple 40 goal scorer and add a 0 goal scorer and extend him...
What'll be smarter will be when you meet them in the playoffs and that 0 goal scorer annihilates James Reimers confidence by popping a half dozen by him in 4 games while T-O fails to score a single goal on Vezina trophy winner Hank Lundquist.

Then you'll know the meaning of experience my friend
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

What'll be smarter will be when you meet them in the playoffs and that 0 goal scorer annihilates James Reimers confidence by popping a half dozen by him in 4 games while T-O fails to score a single goal on Vezina trophy winner Hank Lundquist.

Then you'll know the meaning of experience my friend
Yeah, I'm sure a 0 goal scorer will score 6 goals in 4 games. Everyone knows Clowe is playing injured. They just traded a elite goal scorer for an injured 0 goal scorer.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote: Yeah, I'm sure a 0 goal scorer will score 6 goals in 4 games. Everyone knows Clowe is playing injured. They just traded a elite goal scorer for an injured 0 goal scorer.
The guy is a proven playoff stud. He's 4 hours closer to his screech and probably gonna be pissed off at the Cheeseburgler for fucking over Roberto....

I'd be worried...

In all seriousness, Clowe plays huge in the 2nd season whereas Gabby doesn't. Plus they added all that depth including John Moore which is a total win in my books
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Gillis is going a great job...we should be back in late 90's form very soon...