What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Meds wrote:I'm really not us what the attraction is to go play for the Rangers. They always load up and the fail.


Same with the Canucks... :lol:


Clowe does have a full NTC, I believe, so yes he does get to dictate where he goes.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:19 pm

herb wrote:
Meds wrote:I'm really not us what the attraction is to go play for the Rangers. They always load up and the fail.


Same with the Canucks... :lol:


Clowe does have a full NTC, I believe, so yes he does get to dictate where he goes.


Vancouver has never loaded up at the deadline before.....just failed.

Just once I'd like to see a GM in Van go "all-in" for a change.

And by all-in I don't mean Weinrich and Sopel.....give up what it takes to put the team over the top.
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Cornuck » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Meds wrote:
Just once I'd like to see a GM in Van go "all-in" for a change.


Not sure if this is the year for that. The last few years? Hell yeah!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4577
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Jovocop » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Meds wrote:
Just once I'd like to see a GM in Van go "all-in" for a change.


Not sure if this is the year for that. The last few years? Hell yeah!



David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
Hearing that conversation between #SJSharks GM Wilson and Clowe hasn't taken place yet, but, yes, deal is otherwise in place.


Hopefully Clowe just says NO to the Rangers like Iginla to the Bruins...
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Meds wrote:
herb wrote:
Meds wrote:I'm really not us what the attraction is to go play for the Rangers. They always load up and the fail.


Same with the Canucks... :lol:


Clowe does have a full NTC, I believe, so yes he does get to dictate where he goes.


Vancouver has never loaded up at the deadline before.....just failed.

Just once I'd like to see a GM in Van go "all-in" for a change.

And by all-in I don't mean Weinrich and Sopel.....give up what it takes to put the team over the top.


Well, he already said they are so get your thumb outta yer ass and pay attention :evil:

Asst. GM Laurence Gilman says Canucks are "all-in" and looking to make more moves.


I imagine Luo is in full play so the player coming back will have to be playoff impact.

Dreger just said that the Roy deal gives the 'Nucks the leg up with Roberto. I agree.

Nonis is back begging :D
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Jovocop » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Next... :evil:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Ryane Clowe has told the Sharks he's waiving his NTC to go to the New York Rangers. Sharks need to complete deal now


@KatieStrangESPN #NYR Can confirm that Clowe was ultimately given choice between VAN & NYR. Chose Rangers


Can MG fire AV now? :lol:
Last edited by Jovocop on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 pm

^ Fair enough Meds, just that this season doesn't feel *right* to me. That swagger this core group used to have is gone.

Not sure what it is. Maybe it's just because the 2011 team was so damn good my expectations got too high, but something seems off with this bunch. The IR list surely has something to do with it. Having two NHL centres has dragged the forward group down.

The fact that most deadline rentals don't work in terms of the acquiring team actually winning the cup, combined with this group seeming off makes going "all in" seem like a big gamble. I do think an injection of two or three BAMFs like Clowe would help this group get it's swagger back, however.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Jovocop wrote:Next... :evil:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Ryane Clowe has told the Sharks he's waiving his NTC to go to the New York Rangers. Sharks need to complete deal now


Damn, I guess he didn't like Alain that much after all :( ...where's that Fire AV thread?! :)
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:31 pm

herb wrote:^ Fair enough Meds, just that this season doesn't feel *right* to me. That swagger this core group used to have is gone.

Not sure what it is. Maybe it's just because the 2011 team was so damn good my expectations got too high, but something seems off with this bunch. The IR list surely has something to do with it. Having two NHL centres has dragged the forward group down.

The fact that most deadline rentals don't work in terms of the acquiring team actually winning the cup, combined with this group seeming off makes going "all in" seem like a big gamble. I do think an injection of two or three BAMFs like Clowe would help this group get it's swagger back, however.


The swagger is what got them into trouble in the first place. They thought being First overall and all those allocades and trophies were great but all it really did was put a big target on their back.

I would rather we are under the radar, underdogs, media darlings, fan redemption favourites 8-)

Pluggers! All!
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Jovocop » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Next... :evil:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Ryane Clowe has told the Sharks he's waiving his NTC to go to the New York Rangers. Sharks need to complete deal now


Damn, I guess he didn't like Alain that much after all :( ...where's that Fire AV thread?! :)


No kidding... So much for loving to play for AV again... BS...
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Meds wrote:
Just once I'd like to see a GM in Van go "all-in" for a change.


Not sure if this is the year for that. The last few years? Hell yeah!


It is, but only IF....

The lineup is healthy for the playoffs.

Gillis has an off-season deal in place that gets some futures in exchange for Lou or a deadline deal that brings back a top 4 RH dman and a serviceable backup goaltender.
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Meds » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Well that's that. No other names out there that I want to see MG sell futures for....
User avatar
Meds
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Arachnid wrote:Well, he already said they are so get your thumb outta yer ass and pay attention :evil:

Asst. GM Laurence Gilman says Canucks are "all-in" and looking to make more moves.


I imagine Luo is in full play so the player coming back will have to be playoff impact.

Dreger just said that the Roy deal gives the 'Nucks the leg up with Roberto. I agree.

Nonis is back begging :D


Luongo to Toronto is the story that just won't go away!

I'm wondering if Toronto is serious in considering Kiprusoff, or if they are using him as a bargaining chip? Has Kipper not made it pretty damn clear he doesn't want to move?

If the Roy trade gives Gillis some leverage in getting Luongo to Toronto, fantastic. I agree that it takes a ton of pressure off Gillis to trade Luongo for Bozak +.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Arachnid wrote:The swagger is what got them into trouble in the first place. They thought being First overall and all those allocades and trophies were great but all it really did was put a big target on their back.

I would rather we are under the radar, underdogs, media darlings, fan redemption favourites 8-)

Pluggers! All!


I don't disagree, but that 2011 team was also able to win at will. This version...not so much.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: What would you do at the deadline if you were Gillis?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm

herb wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Well, he already said they are so get your thumb outta yer ass and pay attention :evil:

Asst. GM Laurence Gilman says Canucks are "all-in" and looking to make more moves.


I imagine Luo is in full play so the player coming back will have to be playoff impact.

Dreger just said that the Roy deal gives the 'Nucks the leg up with Roberto. I agree.

Nonis is back begging :D


Luongo to Toronto is the story that just won't go away!

I'm wondering if Toronto is serious in considering Kiprusoff, or if they are using him as a bargaining chip? Has Kipper not made it pretty damn clear he doesn't want to move?

If the Roy trade gives Gillis some leverage in getting Luongo to Toronto, fantastic. I agree that it takes a ton of pressure off Gillis to trade Luongo for Bozak +.


If not Bozak then who?

I think they are trying hard with the Panthers....

Flyers are a strong possibility too. Do we want Schenn?
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Island Nucklehead, RoyalDude and 4 guests