Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
You didn't really answer the question,but what if you knew that Luongo squashed the Laughs deal in the summer,which tied Gillis's hands,because thats exactly what happened.
Just curious, what do you think of HW's inside source saying that to date Lou has never been asked to waive his NTC? What does that mean? Give me a hockey lesson.
Why would Luongo waive his NTC he earned it the same as Iginla. Its only a NTC in the sense that Luongo can veto any trade proposed back to him. The story is that they had a deal with the Laughs in the summer, Luongo vetoed it ,which would only downgrade the value of Luongo being traded to, for instance Florida, which is where Luongo wanted to go.Dont blame Gillis for that one.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote: Why would Luongo waive his NTC he earned it the same as Iginla. Its only a NTC in the sense that Luongo can veto any trade proposed back to him. The story is that they had a deal with the Laughs in the summer, Luongo vetoed it ,which would only downgrade the value of Luongo being traded to, for instance Florida, which is where Luongo wanted to go.Dont blame Gillis for that one.
Look for the bold writing^

OOOOHHHHHH, he veto'd the trade, I get it, he wasn't asked to remove his NTC for an apparent trade with the leaves then? It never got to that point. Thanks for the lesson. ;)
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gotta agree with the Dude and HW....sounds like fiction
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Gotta admit, I'm enjoying the mayhem that is ensuing on this board right now :D

First the trade Schneider antics, Damien Cox said it so it must be true Make Believers, then atheists are racists...can't wait for the trade deadline to be over and the playoffs to start so the Experts on here can build their cyber-egos up on who is right or wrong on whether the Canucks are an Elite/Contender/Has-been team.

Canuck fans are the Gleeist ever!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Arachnid wrote:Gotta admit, I'm enjoying the mayhem that is ensuing on this board right now :D

First the trade Schneider antics, Damien Cox said it so it must be true Make Believers, then atheists are racists...can't wait for the trade deadline to be over and the playoffs to start so the Experts on here can build their cyber-egos up on who is right or wrong on whether the Canucks are an Elite/Contender/Has-been team.

Hey :evil:
You forgot your happy pills again! Time for a bit more GLEE outta YOU!!!!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Gotta admit, I'm enjoying the mayhem that is ensuing on this board right now :D

I tried, butt there is a monopoly on here lately :blush:

Am I too negative? I want to wait until the first round is over before I lose it! :thumbs:
Last edited by Arachnid on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Arachnid wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

I tried, butt there is a monopoly on here lately :blush:

Am I too negative? I want to wait until the first round is before I lose it! :thumbs:
Just yankin yer chain spideyman....the collective has lost its serendipity of late and nerves have frayed to the point of panic!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Then when the dude has a point crammed down his throat he ignores it like it never happened or conveniently dances around the subject.
Here's one : How different would this team look if Trailer Park Randy didn't step put of the box and fuck up his first round picks from 05 - 07 ? I like the names Anze Kopitar, Chris Stewart and David Perron better than Luc Bourdon, Michael Grabner and Patrick White.

Or how about the fact he constantly uses hf as a tool to back up his arguments yet fails to acknowledge hf thought the Canucks prospects in 05 which included Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Schneider, Kesler, Raymond and Hansen was 25th in the NHL. Quite the wizards at hf.

I must be an idiot to actually think he might have a counter point when someone pops his lycra balloon.

Brutal dancing here..... like Mike Brady on meth. :sly:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The fact of the matter is RD Gillis had a deal with the Laughs and (watch for the bold letters) LUONGO REFUSED IT .Gillis's hands were tied.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

okcanuck wrote:The fact of the matter is RD Gillis had a deal with the Laughs and (watch for the bold letters) LUONGO REFUSED IT .Gillis's hands were tied.

If this is true, then Gillis has done well to keep the confusion amongst league/media high. Instead of "Gillis asks Luongo for teams" (Calgary), we get "Gillis never asked him to waive"....

Certainly helps our barganing position when everyone is reporting somehing different.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If the rumours are true, that the leaves and Canucks had a deal and Luongo refused to waive, because someone on the Panthers told him to be patient that they were going to make a pitch. Well, isn't this tampering?

If true, that a deal was nixed by Luongo, I hope MG asks the league to investigate for tampering. Listen to the media. They all say Luongo was told to be patient that Florida was going to step up.

If it was just Luongo hoping that Florida would step up thats another thing. If MG had a deal in place you would think he would have gone to both Florida based teams before approaching Luongo and would have been able to tell Luongo the status.

Something just doesn't add up in all of this but if it is true then it is a clear case of tampering.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Something just doesn't add up in all of this but if it is true then it is a clear case of tampering.
Helluva lot to prove, isn't it? Hardly a Burkey "hot mic" problem.

What if Jovo or Campbell told Lou to "hold tight, we'll get ya..."? Hardly tampering if the players are just tossing rumours around like the internet pundits.

I can see if it's someone in the organization doing that. Good luck proving it,though.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I agree it is hard to prove. But listen to the reports. They all say Luongo was told by someone in the Florida organization to be patient. I'm just saying if it is true he nixed a deal MG should act and make waves. Let the truth come out.
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Regardless of a Lu trade or some other trade, Gillis needs to pick up some offence. Watching this team struggle to score 1 or 2 goals a game is painful.

He's got about 36 hours left, hopefully he brings in some reinforcements.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Diehard1 wrote:Regardless of a Lu trade or some other trade, Gillis needs to pick up some offence. Watching this team struggle to score 1 or 2 goals a game is painful.

He's got about 36 hours left, hopefully he brings in some reinforcements.
Yep. Or wait it out and suffer the consequences.

The Canucks need centre help. Halpern moved for nothing. Handzus moved for a 4th. Neither of those guys has much left in the tank, but for free or a 4th rounder, maybe it allows Lapierre to play 3rd line, open it up a bit, and solidifies the 4th at the same time. We know Burrows isn't a great centre.

I'm usually as patient as the next (reasonable) guy, but this is becoming too much.