Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by The_Pauser »

RoyalDude wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Two days before the trade deadline, soon to be UFA Mason Raymond not at morning skate.

dun dun dun dunnnnnn.....
UFA for UFA - Raymond for Bozak??? A trade of necessity.
Bozak is garbage. I'd rather trade Raymond for Clowe.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Bieksa now not skating. :shock:
2011..... the one that got away.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ryan Clowe has zero goals in 28 games. That really solves our anemic scoring woes. I can't wait to combine that with Booth's 1 empty net goal in 11 games.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Bieksa now not skating. :shock:
Bieksa for a left handed defenseman!!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

RoyalDude wrote:
What hand does Bouwmeester shoot?

Raymond/Bieksa
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
What hand does Bouwmeester shoot?

Raymond/Bieksa
Shoots left, he'd fit right in. Our Defense would then resemble a duck paddling in a lake with one leg.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

RoyalDude wrote:Shoots left, he'd fit right in.
I know Gillis wanted him before.

The thing that scares me about him is that he has never won anything at any level; or ever really played on any good teams. Great skater and 29 years old... but only been a plus player twice going back to his days in the WHL. +/- not my favorite stat, but there sure are some flags there.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

According to Blob's buddy Bob McKenzie via twitter, Raymond has some sort of minor injury so that is reason he isn't practicing today but he follows that up by saying that his name is definitely out there, whatever that means.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:
Bieksa's left hand for a defenseman!!!!
RiDQculous !!!

:D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Farhan tweeting that Gillis is talking to four teams right now about Luongo and get this..... that Kesler could start skating soon. :shock:
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 4m
Gillis re #Luongo, "we're talking to 4 teams with varying levels of activity and various proposals" #canucks
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1m
Gillis re Kesler, "we expect Ryan to skate today... expect him to play within a week" #canucks
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Clowe says he would "not be suprised" if he was traded. Re possibility of #Canucks, says he "would love" to play for AV again.

I find this interesting....
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Clowe says he would "not be suprised" if he was traded. Re possibility of #Canucks, says he "would love" to play for AV again.

If Clowe does come here, I wonder if he will be able to flip the switch and score his first goal of the season? Cause goals we need.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

From LeBruns Blog:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... op-in-play
McBain's name comes up

One new name popped up Monday as potential trade bait: defenseman Jamie McBain.

I'm told the Carolina Hurricanes would be willing to move him if the offer was right. McBain is not a rental; he has one more year on his deal at $1.9 million in salary and $1.8 million on the cap. He's an intriguing name, to be sure, a guy who can provide some offense from the back end.

Speaking of the Hurricanes, I'm also hearing that, despite clearing waivers last week, forward Jussi Jokinen continues to generate interest from other teams that want Carolina to take a player back in return. So he could definitely move before Wednesday's deadline.

Jokinen is a player the Vancouver Canucks have on their radar, although I would say he's not at the top of their list.

It doesn't take much to see a trade brewing between these guys and the Canucks. McBains a righty btw
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:

If Clowe does come here, I wonder if he will be able to flip the switch and score his first goal of the season? Cause goals we need.
So you see no value in Ryan Clowe? Seriously????
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

So you see no value in Ryan Clowe? Seriously????
No, I do, big fan, a little concerned about his scoring touch. I think Gillis really needs to shore up our lack of goalscoring which is a massive sore spot with this club right now, it's our Achilles heel right now, has been since halfway through last season. Clowe will not provide much in that department, however the guy is tough as nails. We'd have to be parting with some wingers though, too much of that, but doesn't make sense to remove Raymonds scoring touch this year and nose for creating offense for Clowe's complete lack of scoring this year. I won't even mention who I'd like to see Clowe replace as I am sure you are all well aware of who that might be.