Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Wow! Jensen and Bill Sweatt promoted. Gordon and Kassian demoted.

Blobby Mac, whatchya think?

How many posts in do ya think it will take for this thread to turn into a FIRE AV Thread?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Post by Brick Tamland »

I don't really get Kassian being sent down, he'll get as much "conditioning" in Van as he will in Chicago. Be nice to see what Jensen can do though.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Conditioning stint there RD, but way to troll. :roll:
"He needs to play," Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault said before the team left Edmonton for San Jose late Sunday morning.

"We want him to get a little bit more ice time. He has been out for a little bit more than two weeks, on and off, and we felt for now he needed to play and we are going to send him down there."
Read more:

Looking forward to watching Jensen!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

CENTRE - Hodgson - 12 goals, 16 assists, 28 points, 0 +/- in 35 games :devil: Just had to :devil:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote:Conditioning stint there RD, but way to troll. :roll:
"He needs to play," Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault said before the team left Edmonton for San Jose late Sunday morning.

"We want him to get a little bit more ice time. He has been out for a little bit more than two weeks, on and off, and we felt for now he needed to play and we are going to send him down there."
Read more:

Looking forward to watching Jensen!
Um, nice dodging AV...the kid was a regular here, ain't no reason why he can't play here other than the fact they are not extremely happy with his development. The whole 'more ice time' thing is just a nice brushing over of the fact that they feel the kid needs more work in the minors and isn't ready for the pro's.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Minor league/4th line prospects are nearly impossible to find apparently.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:CENTRE - Hodgson - 12 goals, 16 assists, 28 points, 0 +/- in 35 games :devil: Just had to :devil:
= Buffalo in he running for a top 5 pick.

Anyways, AV isn't dodging anything. He'd be more than up front if they want him to work on a few things before getting invited back to play with the Canucks.

He'll get top line minutes and PP time in Chicago. Or he gets thrown back into the deep end when he's not in game shape any longer. It's the right move.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Zack Kassian > Bill Sweatt

Zack will be back up soon enough, while this gives management one last look at Sweatt before he becomes a FA. These moves were likely inevitable, but Gillis was waiting for the streak to end.

It's important to get a good look at the available assets prior to the deadline. I'm sure they were expecting to see Vandermeer and Connauton before now as well, given this clubs tendency to suffer injuries on the back end. Though that certainly hasn't been the case this year (so far).

Kass will get big minutes and top PP time to regain his form. The stint certainly didn't hurt Schroeder's game.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Wow! Jensen and Bill Sweatt promoted. Gordon and Kassian demoted.

Blobby Mac, whatchya think?

How many posts in do ya think it will take for this thread to turn into a FIRE AV Thread?
It's a conditioning stint Einstein.... he hasn't played in 8 games and has had a back injury.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Unless Jensen is the second coming I doubt MG burns one year on his ELC. I think he gets his 5-7 game look see and back to the AHL.

Kassian will get a few more days to rest his back and then get a few games with Chicago to get some conditioning in and then he will be back.
The only HW the Canucks need
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

I don't see this as a demotion for Kassian. It'll allow him to play a bunch and fuel his hunger to return to the NHL right before the playoffs start. Remember how Kassian started the season? I think we'll see that again. Besides, we all want to see Jensen.

I'm a big Hodgson fan. But I'm also a big Kassian fan now too. In time I think most will be very pleased to have Zack on the team. Comparing him to Cody is kind of stupid if only points are considered. Zack brings other assets Cody cannot. Not saying you're stupid RD. Just sayin.

Wow are Edmonton fans loud and Calgary fans quiet these days. I understand why, but loud fans are usually idiots. And there seems to be many in Edmonton posting crap all over the Internet. Is it *really* that cold and dark there through the winter? Shit they acted like they won the stanley cup last night. Nothing wrong with enthusiasm, but that was a flat, uninspired and unprepared Canucks team. Celebrate when you can beat them at their best (i.e. in a playoff series).
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:CENTRE - Hodgson - 12 goals, 16 assists, 28 points, 0 +/- in 35 games :devil: Just had to :devil:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That pic should be wrapped in a sheet covered with piss
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Jensen will likely play with the twins tomorrow. No timeline on Kassian's recall. They dont have the luxury of easing him back in the lineup

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
#canucks want Kassian to get big minutes and come back fully confident in his back going forward. Decision was made before last nights game

So y'all can turn off the waterworks now
If you need air...call it in
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Hockey Widow wrote:Unless Jensen is the second coming I doubt MG burns one year on his ELC. I think he gets his 5-7 game look see and back to the AHL.

Kassian will get a few more days to rest his back and then get a few games with Chicago to get some conditioning in and then he will be back.
If I'm not mistaken, 5 games is the max before a player burns a year on his ELC this season.