GDT Mar 30 - Van @ Edm - 7:00 CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Mar 30 - Van @ Edm - 7:00 CBC

Post by Meds »

Oh, and Garrison back on the 2nd PP unit again? Hmmm......
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The worst part is...we got Dubnyk'd in Coilerville :oops:

Oh and for all the Dude-like pantie wringing.....

It's 1 fuckin game after 6 wins in a row. Jeesus wept.
If you need air...call it in
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Mëds wrote:
griz wrote:
Tonight Vigneault didn't get the goaltending he's had in the last 6 games. This is the result.
Maybe so, but that's only half the problem. You can't win if you can't score.
Ummm.....that's kinda my point. :P
Ah, sorry Mëds. Usually I read entire posts unless, well, unless ... hmmm how can I put this ... unless they're as long as many of your posts. I got lazy and skipped to your last point. I fail. But it's YOUR fault. I mean AVs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

griz wrote:Ah, sorry Mëds. Usually I read entire posts unless, well, unless ... hmmm how can I put this ... unless they're as long as many of your posts. I got lazy and skipped to your last point. I fail. But it's YOUR fault. I mean AVs.
I'll settle for dumping it all on AV. :P
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Jesus you guys on here are unbelievable. 1 loss in seven games and all of a sudden its piss in the bed. Incredible.
Not surprised by these kind of losses, look at the line-up Gillis has built? They are still playoff bound, but they won't go very far.
So........ RD were you surprised by the last 6 wins? I dont remember you commenting on their 6 game winning streak by a decimated lineup due to injuries. You only comment on losses and blame Gillis. Why dont you give it a fucking break .
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:The worst part is...we got Dubnyk'd in Coilerville :oops:

Oh and for all the Dude-like pantie wringing.....

It's 1 fuckin game after 6 wins in a row. Jeesus wept.
So other than the fact that the goaltenders both started off playing hockey like mere mortals, how was this really much different than the last 6 games?

The Canucks scored 14 goals over that winning streak. 2 of them empty netters so I don't count them, so that's an average of 2 goals per game. In all of those games they were out chanced and out played. Schneider shone. The team won. Tonight they couldn't even buy a goal against the Oilers and Devin Dubnyk.

The difference between tonight and the 6 wins was primarily goaltending.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

okcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Jesus you guys on here are unbelievable. 1 loss in seven games and all of a sudden its piss in the bed. Incredible.
Not surprised by these kind of losses, look at the line-up Gillis has built? They are still playoff bound, but they won't go very far.
So........ RD were you surprised by the last 6 wins? I dont remember you commenting on their 6 game winning streak by a decimated lineup due to injuries. You only comment on losses and blame Gillis. Why dont you give it a fucking break .
I'll admit to being surprised by the 6 wins. The team in front of Schneider maybe deserved 1 of those, 2 at most, and even in those games Schneider had to play very well.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The 5 games before the most recent win were all a result of the team skating hard, coming back to support the D, smart chip outs and diagonal dumps, simple forechecking plays and back to basics hockey that wins games.
The win against the Avs was just like this game in that they got away from the good habits that had been carrying the mail for us and if not for the stellar goaltending, we lose.
Schneider had been playing very well but so had the team as a whole except against the AVs. Bad habits caught up to us tonight and here we are.

A team of pluggers can win if they implement a good defensive system. Cudos to the coaching staff for making the changes necessary to win but as soon as they get away from this game plan....this is the result.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
No, I was all over that 6 game winning streak, praising AV and the coaching staff and Schneids for managing a streak like that with a ramshackle line-up while Gillis continues to walk around aimlessly in his usual stupor.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: A team of pluggers can win if they implement a good defensive system. Cudos to the coaching staff for making the changes necessary to win but as soon as they get away from this game plan....this is the result.
Game plan? Taylor Hall had something to say about the game plan, that's not the coaches fault.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: A team of pluggers can win if they implement a good defensive system. Cudos to the coaching staff for making the changes necessary to win but as soon as they get away from this game plan....this is the result.
Game plan? Taylor Hall had something to say about the game plan, that's not the coaches fault.
Our D giving him breakaways and clear looks at the net from 10 ft out is not part of the game plan either. That's on the D. The same D who were so good in their end for the past 2 weeks.
Its a bad game. That's it that's all. They've probably already turned the page
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Meh...
It sucked that it happened on HNIC cause the eastern bastards can do RD impressions all week...

It sucked against the coilers cause it reminded me of the old Gretzky days ...

But other than that, whatever... No real surprises here. We've shat the bed before even in 2010 there were a couple of games that the team looked like shit.

See what happens next game, how do they respond? that's more important...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef Boi RD is gettin' near done with the Sedin era of hockey here. I like the Sedins, but it's clear that they have lost a step this season, but this team is so fucking stale and old and predictable that it's time for Gillis to bring in some new faces at the top end of the line-up instead of constantly tinkering with the useless bottom 6 crowd and 5th, 6th, 7th D-men. It's tired, that shit don't jive no more. We need new blood, new faces, new mojo, we need a pulse on this team. There are some big problems with this organization and a coaching change will do fuck all to fixing it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:Meh...
It sucked that it happened on HNIC cause the eastern bastards can do RD impressions all week...

It sucked against the coilers cause it reminded me of the old Gretzky days ...

But other than that, whatever... No real surprises here. We've shat the bed before even in 2010 there were a couple of games that the team looked like shit.

See what happens next game, how do they respond? that's more important...
How does that Rose Colored Glasses song go by Blue Rodeo?
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

It is a plot.
The Canucks help the Oilers get close to a playoff spot, then beat them in the last game of the season to knock them out.
Or less likely as the Canucks are 8 points to the good in the race for a playoff spot the Oilers beat the Canucks and knock them out.
This of course begs the question as to whether or not there is any point in the Canucks securing a playoff spot

Remaining games
Home
Oilers, Flames, Yotes, Wings, Hawks, Ducks
Away
Sharks, Flames, Avalanche, Nashville, Blues, Stars, Oilers