Chemistry Issues?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Chemistry Issues?

Post by The_Pauser »

Hockey Widow wrote:When Kesler comes back the problem becomes that JS is taken out of his role and placed in a more shut down role. I'd like to see AV keep JS with Raymond and Hansen but we'll see.
I'm pretty confident AV would put Kesler between Raymond and Hansen again and will bump Schroeder down. Not the smartest move IMO.

Assuming Kassian comes back healthy this is what I would do with the lineup upon Kesler's return:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Higgins
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins/Burrows-Kesler-Kassian
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:When Kesler comes back the problem becomes that JS is taken out of his role and placed in a more shut down role. I'd like to see AV keep JS with Raymond and Hansen but we'll see.
What about a 2nd line with Kesler/Burrows/Higgins, first line with Sedins/Kassian.

We could roll 3 lines and not tire one group out or rely on them too much, plus play the hot line more.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I'm confident AV will break up the Raymond/Schroeder due once Kesler is healthy.

Schroeder has been fine. One of the real bright spots of this short season (along with Hansen and Raymond). Sure, he's small, but he has NHL skill and most importantly NHL intelligence. If I'm Gillis, I sniff around and see if any good deals are to be had for a right side defenseman or a rugged winger, and of course try to move Luo. I'm not in favour or looking for pure rentals. Look how Pahlsson turned out last year, not to mention the many Nonis rental failures.

Other than that, I am content to go into the post season with what we have (provided we get healthy). Let's take the horses we have and see what they've got...

As far as a lineup is concerned, I would put Kassian with the Sedins when he is back healthy, and put Burrows with Schroeder. Spread the wealth a bit. Burrows with Schroeder is one combination that has not been tried yet.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Raymond/Schroeder/Burrows
Higgens/Kesler/Hansen
Sestito/Lapierre/Weise
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

herb wrote: As far as a lineup is concerned, I would put Kassian with the Sedins when he is back healthy, and put Burrows with Schroeder. Spread the wealth a bit. Burrows with Schroeder is one combination that has not been tried yet.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Higgens/Kesler/Hansen
Sestito/Lapierre/Weise
I'd swap Burrows with the Honey Badger. Both those lines can score, but Higgens/Kesler/Burrows would be death to play against.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BingoTough wrote:
herb wrote: As far as a lineup is concerned, I would put Kassian with the Sedins when he is back healthy, and put Burrows with Schroeder. Spread the wealth a bit. Burrows with Schroeder is one combination that has not been tried yet.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Higgens/Kesler/Hansen
Sestito/Lapierre/Weise
I'd swap Burrows with the Honey Badger. Both those lines can score, but Higgens/Kesler/Burrows would be death to play against.
You think Higgens is a better forechecker and hustler than Hansen?

Higgens has a better scoring touch, but Bur-Kes-Hansen would be almost impossible to score against.....and they would be faster.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

herb wrote:Sedin/Sedin/Kassian
Higgens/Kesler/Hansen
Sestito/Lapierre/Weise
Where's Ballard fit in?? Well, Weise is likely out for a while, so I'd put Ballard in his slot for the remainder of the season.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Mëds wrote: You think Higgens is a better forechecker and hustler than Hansen?

Higgens has a better scoring touch, but Bur-Kes-Hansen would be almost impossible to score against.....and they would be faster.
Happy to be wrong. I don't get to watch many games, just thought Hansen was faster and have heard good things about Higgens checking.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BingoTough wrote:
Mëds wrote: You think Higgens is a better forechecker and hustler than Hansen?

Happy to be wrong. I don't get to watch many games, just thought Hansen was faster and have heard good things about Higgens checking.
Higgins is probably tougher in the corners and a better hitter. But Hansen is a demon at stick checking and creating turnovers. Hansen also has a more consistent work ethic.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Anyone who thinks GMMG is trading Schneider is an idiot. Plain and simple.

I was as attached to Luongo as anyone, but I prefer to cheer for the crest, not the surname. Cory is better and he's only getting better.

Not only does Lu want out, anyone who's studied goaltending over the years will recognize that Cory is way faster coming across and covers way more net than Luongo. For all his gaffes this season he has looked technically and reflexively sound in a way Luongo hasn't since 2007. If he lets in 8 goals in the biggest playoff game we've ever played I might change my tune -- until then it's Cory, Cory Cory.... for years, people. Deal.

Enjoy him. He is as good as it gets in the NHL and he's only getting better.

I could totally see Cory going beast mode in the playoffs a la Quick or Timmy or Brodeur... he just looks like he has that in him to me.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:Anyone who thinks GMMG is trading Schneider is an idiot. Plain and simple.

I was as attached to Luongo as anyone, but I prefer to cheer for the crest, not the surname. Cory is better and he's only getting better.

Not only does Lu want out, anyone who's studied goaltending over the years will recognize that Cory is way faster coming across and covers way more net than Luongo. For all his gaffes this season he has looked technically and reflexively sound in a way Luongo hasn't since 2007. If he lets in 8 goals in the biggest playoff game we've ever played I might change my tune -- until then it's Cory, Cory Cory.... for years, people. Deal.

Enjoy him. He is as good as it gets in the NHL and he's only getting better.

I could totally see Cory going beast mode in the playoffs a la Quick or Timmy or Brodeur... he just looks like he has that in him to me.
Sssssshhhhh, you are not doing a very good sales job on Lou. We don't want all the other GM's knowing this. Otherwise, we are screwed.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau