Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Remember, not so long ago in fact, when you all slagged ole Boi RD for saying that the best years are behind the 33 year old Sedins with all you saying things like "THEY HAVE LOTS OF AMAZING HOCKEY LEFT IN THEM YA TROLL!

They do have lots of excellent hockey left.

That said, very few forwards peak after 31+.

Welcome to stating the obvious (smile).

The point Mr Einstein was making along with his fellow mouth breathers was that the twins were on some fast track to hot garbage. That's why people took offence to his (their stupid comments) . The twins are still ppg players if thye have any kind of decent 2nd line centre on this team. How many ppg players are in the league ?
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Good points.... however did you not think Henrik was excellent in last years post season ?

Agreed.

Not saying they can't have another good run, hopefully they can kick it up.

Maybe anger was a poor choice of words... I don't think they really have it in them, though I have enough for both. I guess I see a couple guys who might occasionally push back these days where they wouldn't do that before.

I don't see why that matters.

Their push back in past years was taking everything their opponents had and still dominating the 3rd, because they had more endurance.

Their physical push back was irrelevant in previous years and still is. That just never mattered to the outcome of games and it still doesn't. To me then engaging in any after whistle stuff just takes away from what made them truly elite players.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Rumours out there that LA offered Bernier and a first but Calgary declined. LA 1st should be better than Boston's and Bernier is a goalie they need in the system. Hard to believe. Speculation that Iginla was scratched not because a deal was done but because a deal is close and Feaster is letting the 3 teams still in the hunt think about upping their offer. Three teams being LA, Boston and don't know the third.

Also speculation that Iginla wants a chance to see if an extension can be worked out with the new team. Boston says no, they have cap concerns. LA says possible depending upon other moves, i.e. Penner.

So I guess we just have to wait until the morning. Of course Feaster can let this drag a few more days if indeed there are more than one team still in it.

It could very well be a deal is done but Iginla wants to sleep on it and then announce it in a presser before he leaves town in the morning. And it could all be about done but tweaks left to work out or it could be there are other teams involved and it is posturing.

Certainly sounds like a dal is imminent, if not done, which would be the only reason to pull Iginla from the line up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Iginla to Boston confirmed
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby CFP! » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:Iginla to Boston confirmed

Where? What? Who for?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:09 pm

CFP! wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Iginla to Boston confirmed

Where? What? Who for?

Just saw it on TSN. No details yet
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

The banks of the Bow are breached.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

This Iginla trade is taking FOREVER. Oh. Wait. Sorry @strombone1 . #context
:lol:
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 pm

As per Blob McKenzie @TSN
Unconfirmed but BOS-CGY appears to be Khokhlachev/Bartkowski/conditional 1st round pick for Iginla. 1st rder conditional on Iggy re-signing.
Fuck thats even worse than I thought. If he walks they only get the ruskie and the scrub....LAMES!!!!! HAHAHA
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Aaron Ward spoke to some Bruin players who confirmed to him that Iginla is indeed heading to the Bruins. So the players have been told. The hold up is the Flames game is still in progress. I also think they want to do a PR announcement and perhaps even have Iginla there. So the confirmation is Aaron Ward speaking to players he knows. Even though no confirmation from the Flames or Bruins I'd take it as pretty well confirmed.

Yes, the first is conditional upon a re-signing. Sounds like the Bruins, if they like what they see will try to get him under contract. Good bye Horton over the summer?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Pittsburgh Not Boston. Why/

Iginla had the final say. Boston 1st conditional and Pittsburg's not. Biggest reason, Iginla final say.

They get two college players, both unsigned, one a junior one a senior and a 1st.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

:whistle:

OOPS!!!!
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Reefer2 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 pm

That does not seem like a lot for him.

I wonder if this will bring down the asking price for other players leading up to the trade deadline day.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Iginla had the final say. Apparently there were 3 offers on the table and the final decision was his as to where he wanted to go. No surprise he picked Pittsburg. Personally I'm glad because should the Canucks not make the finals I can cheer for Iginla to get his ring, something I could never do if he was a bruin. :mrgreen:

Yes, he agreed to waive but he exercised his right to dictate where he went so the return was no where near what Flame fans thought he was worth. I wonder if they will turn on him because he picked the Pens?

But at leas the 1st is not conditional.

As for the Pens, they lack goaltending but should be able to put up 5-6 goals a game.

Also, this move makes it very likely Iginla will be FA July 1st. So the Iginla sweeps can continue July 1.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Per » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:42 am

Wow! :o

I think we must start considering the Penguins a contender for the cup.....

:|
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat