GDT - Mar 26 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

GDT - Mar 26 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

Post by 2Fingers »

The hot Columbus Blue Jackets are in town to take on the Nucks.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020487

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?h ... hl-canucks

Interesting to see who is or is not hot on the team, time for D Sedin and Burrows to start getting some points. Edler is back so look for some fun back on the blue line, hopefully he took some time to watch and take his head out of his ass.

I would assume Luongo gets the start, no reason just because he has not played in a week.

Columbus does only have 3 wins on the road so lets hope they don't get #4.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT - Mar 26 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

Post by Arachnid »

Reefer2 wrote:The hot Columbus Blue Jackets are in town to take on the Nucks.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020487

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?h ... hl-canucks

Interesting to see who is or is not hot on the team, time for D Sedin and Burrows to start getting some points. Edler is back so look for some fun back on the blue line, hopefully he took some time to watch and take his head out of his ass.

I would assume Luongo gets the start, no reason just because he has not played in a week.

Columbus does only have 3 wins on the road so lets hope they don't get #4.
It's amazing how this team with a shit coach, terrible GM, weak offence and defence, inconsistent goalies, injuries plaguing them and fans falling off the bandwagon yet they keep winning and staying on top....

We can't ALL be wrong can we?!

It's almost as if they have adversity, experience and depth on their side :eh:

Pluggers All!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Arachnid wrote:
It's amazing how this team with a shit coach, terrible GM, weak offence and defence, inconsistent goalies, injuries plaguing them and fans falling off the bandwagon yet they keep winning and staying on top....

Pluggers All!
Canucks. OTOW.

It's a miracle Spidey.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

AV has been pushing the right buttons lately, switching it up, spreading talent out, & shortening shifts - by necessity. Even if changes took too long, & some players don't like the buttons.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes AV revert back to old habits.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hank wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Pluggers All!
Canucks. OTOW.

It's a miracle Spidey.
Maybe gods on our side.....David is praying we don't get preyed on in our time of weakness.... :baaa:
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Reefer2 wrote:The hot Columbus Blue Jackets are in town to take on the Nucks.
And the red-hot Reefer2 has started 4 previous GDT threads in a row, while the Canucks have gone 4-0-0 8-)
Let's make this #5 ;)

Look for the CC crew to keep playing the hot thread-starter while he is on a roll... :D

Nice to see the Blue-Jokes to getting some wins. But not tonight :P
Maybe Ballard will finally pop one as forward, he's had some good chances
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

You know a game is boring as shit when it has 5 replies by the end of 2 and the GDT from 3 days ago is getting more interest.

Peter MacIntyre saying that Luongo will probably only bring back a 2nd round pick.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:You know a game is boring as shit when it has 5 replies by the end of 2 and the GDT from 3 days ago is getting more interest.

Peter MacIntyre saying that Luongo will probably only bring back a 2nd round pick.
It's Ian and Ian might not be that far off the mark, who knows...Gillis is a goof.

Other than that Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder are flying out there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:You know a game is boring as shit when it has 5 replies by the end of 2 and the GDT from 3 days ago is getting more interest.

It's Ian and Ian might not be that far off the mark
It's not SHUT DOWN HOCKEY!

It's Pluggers All! Hockey! :D
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:

It's Ian and Ian might not be that far off the mark, who knows...Gillis is a goof.

Other than that Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder are flying out there.
How can that be? Everyone wants to trade Raymond and Schroeder.

Are you advocating we trade our core?

:shock:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I know our PP absolutely sucks right now, but the refs have probably avoided giving the Canucks at least 3 PP's in the last 10 minutes of the third period.

Even in OT there have been some brutal non-calls on what should have been interference penalties against Columbus.....well away from the puck too.

Oh well. Boring game. Refs must be asleep.

Canucks getting shots but since the first have not generated much worthwhile to really challenge Bobrovsky.

I don't want to face him in a S/O right now.....he's been so hot over the last month and our shooters ice cold.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
Canucks getting shots but since the first have not generated much worthwhile to really challenge Bobrovsky.

I don't want to face him in a S/O right now.....he's been so hot over the last month and our shooters ice cold.
Don't forget our superstar Lap Dawg!!!!! :D
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Just keep scratching out the wins. Get through this. Fly under the radar and begin playoffs as the massive underdogs. Maybe the refs. will feel sorry for us. No one will think we can win a thing, not even the fans, and then.......plan the parade.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

cjc wrote:Just keep scratching out the wins. Get through this. Fly under the radar and begin playoffs as the massive underdogs. Maybe the refs. will feel sorry for us. No one will think we can win a thing, not even the fans, and then.......plan the parade.
We better not finish first then :?
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Arachnid wrote:
cjc wrote:Just keep scratching out the wins. Get through this. Fly under the radar and begin playoffs as the massive underdogs. Maybe the refs. will feel sorry for us. No one will think we can win a thing, not even the fans, and then.......plan the parade.
We better not finish first then :?
Not much danger of that now...
Good thing too, we don't need the distraction of the Prez Trophy race, lets just get healthy and prepare for the first round.