What does Gillis do with the expiring contracts?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: What does Gillis do with the expiring contracts?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
vic wrote:
AV is in his 6th (7th)? Year with the Canucks, his expiring contract never should have been extended.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...did you just throw a dart at your boi Gillis?

Anyhow, I'm on board with vic sekaris...we should trade Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado and a 1st for Iginla. I know Ed Willis and Ian MacIntyre between the period just went on and on an on about how we are just waaaaaaaaaaay to thin to deal prospects like how Hockeysfuture has us ranked 29th in prospects but the honey badger don't give a shit, get er done Gillis.

BTW, how did our prospect depth get so shittay anway? Worst it's been in years. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

Sigh.... your wife must do a ton of laundry dude. Anyone who advocates Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado and a 1st for Iginla is on meth. Then again you wouldn't be exaggerating would ya ??? I said i would go Schroeder, a 1st and Connauton, but I might be inclined to sign him as a UFA this summer after Gillis cleans out a couple contracts.

As for hf if you believe that shit go ahead. The losers that do the ranking there are no more qualified than a janitor at Essondale. You do remember they ranked this team 25th in 05 right ???? Right ???? I know damn well you remember because i brought it up to you and you ignored the point because it destroyed your argument. :lol: :lol: Like shooting fish in a barrel Pacific Blue.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tanti09 wrote:
Every Canuck trade deadline acquisition since the Ronning/Momesso/Brown trade has been meek. That's 20 years of "meh" - not a great track record.

Those were two different trades. Butcher and Quinn for Ronning, Courtnall, Dirk and Momesso
That did turn out to be absolute larceny for Vancouver.....we were due though after 20 some-odd years of shit moves that backfired all over the place.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tanti09 wrote:
Every Canuck trade deadline acquisition since the Ronning/Momesso/Brown trade has been meek. That's 20 years of "meh" - not a great track record.

Those were two different trades. Butcher and Quinn for Ronning, Courtnall, Dirk and Momesso

the other was St Louis putting together a compensation package for signing FA Peter Nedved. The arbitrator awarded Vancouver Craig Janney who refused to report. Canucks asked for Shanahan instead..... but settled on a package of Brown, Lafayette and Hedican.

Sigh, I see our resident weak bladder is hammering the sheets with piss again. :|
Whoa - why the hate? Yikes, I was 19 back in 94 and mainly drunk and stoned, so excuuuuse me for having a bit of a hazy memory. :drink: :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL i was talking about our resident spandex wearing , tranny humping, skullet rocking, mountain bike king .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tanti09 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tanti09 wrote:

the other was St Louis putting together a compensation package for signing FA Peter Nedved. The arbitrator awarded Vancouver Craig Janney who refused to report. Canucks asked for Shanahan instead..... but settled on a package of Brown, Lafayette and Hedican.

Sigh, I see our resident weak bladder is hammering the sheets with piss again. :|
Whoa - why the hate? Yikes, I was 19 back in 94 and mainly drunk and stoned, so excuuuuse me for having a bit of a hazy memory. :drink: :mex:
I think Blob was referring to the usual sheet soaker...not you. He probably doubled up on his after dinner "mint" and confused us by morphing his posts
Edit: ^^^ see!
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:

Anyhow, I'm on board with vic sekaris...we should trade Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado and a 1st for Iginla. I know Ed Willis and Ian MacIntyre between the period just went on and on an on about how we are just waaaaaaaaaaay to thin to deal prospects like how Hockeysfuture has us ranked 29th in prospects but the honey badger don't give a shit, get er done Gillis.

BTW, how did our prospect depth get so shittay anway? Worst it's been in years. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?
1. Never claimed to be 100% supportive of Gillis.

2. Never said they team should trade their best 3 prospects plus a 1st for Iginla.

Our prospect depth got so shitty after Nonis traded away all those 2nd rounders for the likes of Sopel, Wienchich and Carney.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

vic wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

1. Never claimed to be 100% supportive of Gillis.

2. Never said they team should trade their best 3 prospects plus a 1st for Iginla.

Our prospect depth got so shitty after Nonis traded away all those 2nd rounders for the likes of Sopel, Wienchich and Carney.
Also, picking players like Rahimi, White, Ellington did not help our prospect depth...
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

vic wrote:None of those guys have ever been involved in a trade at or close to the deadline. Maybe I should rephrase my question - define a "Big Time Player" who has in the past been moved at (or close) to the deadline. I.e. take all the moves that have been made over the past decade and out of those define the big time player.
February 21, 2001 - Colorado Avalanche obtains D Rob Blake and C Steve Reinprecht
2006 The Carolina Hurricanes acquired forward Mark Recchi
2008 The Detroit Red Wings acquire defenceman Brad Stuart
2012 The Chicago Blackhawks acquire Johnny Oduya

Not a lot of "Big time players" being scooped up by the champs the last decade.

And I didn't even list the really inconsequential trades :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Well I guess if two holes up front is too many .... then yes I guess they have too many holes.
+1
Iginla??? plus ??? ( Luongo/Ballard gone :) )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tiger wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Well I guess if two holes up front is too many .... then yes I guess they have too many holes.
+1
What does Gillis do with expiring contracts? He lets them walk, that is unless he manages to trade Luongo for just prospects and draft picks and can manage to trade or buy out contract burdens on the salary cap in Booth and Ballard.

I am betting we will be saying bye bye to Higgins and Raymond this summer
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:
Tiger wrote:
+1
What does Gillis do with expiring contracts? He lets them walk, that is unless he manages to trade Luongo for just prospects and draft picks and can manage to trade or buy out contract burdens on the salary cap in Booth and Ballard.

I am betting we will be saying bye bye to Higgins and Raymond this summer
Then he's a fool.