Rabbits in the Hat

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Rabbits in the Hat

Post by ODB »

I said to fire AV after game 7. Most shat on me...

So waaa, had I been GM, he wouldn't have been around to see his meat get beat in the first round last year.

This year... ha ha ha, JOKE!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ODB wrote:I said to fire AV after game 7. Most shat on me...

So waaa, had I been GM, he wouldn't have been around to see his meat get beat in the first round last year.

Easy there...don't hurt yourself now 8-)

I remember your diatribe and yes...you told us so!
If you need air...call it in
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

So since this thread seems to embody a little bit of craziness in the discussion, I wanted to bring up the craziness of Ballard playing wing...and the fact he didn't look too bad doing it.

Is this something that may continue? Is there any value in continuing the experiment?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

wafflecombine wrote:So since this thread seems to embody a little bit of craziness in the discussion, I wanted to bring up the craziness of Ballard playing wing...and the fact he didn't look too bad doing it.

Is this something that may continue? Is there any value in continuing the experiment?
You crazy, waffle!

As soon as another forward can return from injury, Andrew Gordon will "give us a better chance of winning". Like non-everyday players Barker and Alberts averaging 10-12 minutes as a platoon also gives us a better chance of winning.

Enjoy the popcorn Keith, maybe MG will finally find a new home for you that he should have found for you last season.

All sarcasm aside, his filling in as a forward and immediately showing more hockey sense, stick skills and offensive opportunities than say, a bear-hunting pastor... I don't even know what to say.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
ODB wrote:I said to fire AV after game 7. Most shat on me...

Easy there...don't hurt yourself now 8-)

I remember your diatribe and yes...you told us so!

That pic is a bit twisted. Some flabby nakedesh dude and if you look lower left you see a bare legs shot of either a fat dude with very little muscle in his chunky cottage cheese legs or some fat bitch with flabby drumsticks. As a leg afficionado it's fucking disgusting. As an asside I wouldn't be surprised if the dude with the hand print emblazoned on his back is a relative of Mr Kunt. Is that a heater or a mole on his back ??
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It has been mentioned once but I like Dallas Eakins. He keeps the Marlies in contention and seems to know how to develop young players. It is amazing Kadri did not implode with all the 'centre of the hockey universe' media frenzy the last three years. Maybe Eakin had something to do with it.

AV seems predictable at this point. However, I agree that MG has not given him the tools.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Guy Boucher is now available.. took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals with only a handful of superstars, red hot goaltending and a couple of career performances from depth players..
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:Jon Cooper
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion ... mours.html
10. One of the reasons Yzerman wanted to hold off before deciding on Boucher was to give Jon Cooper another AHL playoff run. Cooper is going to be an NHL coach and soon. Nine players in Sunday's Lightning lineup won last season's Calder Cup with him in Norfolk. This year's team, now based in Syracuse, leads the AHL with 86 points. A lot of Lindy Ruff speculation. Will the in-season change alter Yzerman's plans?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:Guy Boucher is now available.. took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals with only a handful of superstars, red hot goaltending and a couple of career performances from depth players..
um...so
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion ... mours.html
10. One of the reasons Yzerman wanted to hold off before deciding on Boucher was to give Jon Cooper another AHL playoff run. Cooper is going to be an NHL coach and soon. Nine players in Sunday's Lightning lineup won last season's Calder Cup with him in Norfolk. This year's team, now based in Syracuse, leads the AHL with 86 points. A lot of Lindy Ruff speculation. Will the in-season change alter Yzerman's plans?
Cooper to be announced as head coach.

Canucks missed the boat!! :mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Topper wrote: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion ... mours.html
Cooper to be announced as head coach.

Canucks missed the boat!! :mrgreen:
Has Tampa's ship come in?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Has Tampa's ship come in?
It's coming. They just needed change.

Boucher lost the room, the players just got to a point where they couldn't stop staring at his scar.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Fire the coach with 17 games left... thats a winning idea!!

canning the coach is a sure fire way to guarantee we are finished for the season. Has there ever been a coaching change with 20 games left where the new coach has gone to the SCF? (if yes, I doubt its happened twice.) Not saying AV is our best chance to win, but statistics say he is our best chance this year. (Anyone can get hot in the playoffs)

I wouldnt even speculate on a change now as that is just another distraction that the team doesnt need.

The time to change coaches is the day after this teams season is over.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Fire the coach with 17 games left... thats a winning idea!!

canning the coach is a sure fire way to guarantee we are finished for the season. Has there ever been a coaching change with 20 games left where the new coach has gone to the SCF? (if yes, I doubt its happened twice.) Not saying AV is our best chance to win, but statistics say he is our best chance this year. (Anyone can get hot in the playoffs)

I wouldnt even speculate on a change now as that is just another distraction that the team doesnt need.

The time to change coaches is the day after this teams season is over.
Bylsma did it with 25 games left...
Robinson did it in 2000 with 8 games left...

Has there ever been a coach who hasn't won a SC within his first 5 years behind the bench then managed to do it later?

2012 Kings - 1st year Coach
2011 Bruins - 4th year Coach
2010 Hawks - 2nd year Coach
2009 Penguins - 1st year Coach
2008 Red Wings - 3rd year Coach
2007 Ducks - 2nd year Coach
2006 Hurricanes - 2nd year coach
2005 Fucking Bettman
2004 Lightning - 4th year coach
2003 Devils - 1st year coach
2002 Red Wings - 9th year coach*
2001 Avalanche - 3rd year coach
2000 Devils - 1st year coach

2002 - Bowman won the cup as a 9th year coach after winning it in his 4th and 5th years behind the bench. So his first CUP win with the wings was after 4 years.

AV is in his 7th year as head coach of the team, time to move on. I'm sure he'll have success elsewhere, but he ain't about to buck the trend and win in Vancouver.