From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hockey Central @ noon is speculating that Kipper will be moved to Toronto for Scrivens/Reimer + 1st, and will sign a 2 year extension with the leaves ($5 million range). This is the rumour circulating now.

That would be a good return for Calgary.
I would consider that package for Luongo, if I were GM of your Vancouver Canucks. It's a deep draft, and should be a top 10 pick. Reimer or Scrivens would be serviceable back-ups in the short term. In the long term, who knows.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

herb wrote: It's a deep draft, and should be a top 10 pick
It should be but thanks to all the other shitty teams in the east it'll likely end up around 14-16th.

Better idea is Garon and Tampas 1st. It'll be top 10, maybe even top 5
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Toronto is now tied with the Canucks in points, and has more wins. Highly doubt it will be a top-10 pick.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

We'll see Nucklehead. They've been cold of late and are due for their annual stumble and fall down the stretch.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:We'll see Nucklehead. They've been cold of late and are due for their annual stumble and fall down the stretch.
The way the east is shaking out Toronto will make the playoffs for the first time since I can't remember when.....though I hope they make that trade and then shit the bed.
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

I really like shitting on this team and I think they will be bad for years to come. After losing to the Preds I love this post by another fucktard flame fan.

I'm not much of a Burke fan but I would DEFINITELY chose Burke over Feaster for a rebuild.

nuff said
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

No noteworthy goaltending in the minors.

No noteworthy scoring in the minors.

Nothing to write home about on the blueline in the minors.

A couple of pieces currently on the roster, but a lot of overpayments.

Hmmmm.....

Feaster should be banging on the doors of every team in the league that wants to take a shot at the Cup this year and trying to sell the Iginla for a few draft picks or top prospects, and when you look at the strength of this year's draft class preferably the latter for the sake of the franchise.

He should be hoping that somebody somewhere is dumb enough to take Kiprusoff's contract in exchange for a 1st and a prospect.....and even that is a stretch. Kipper will be 37 years old at the start of next year, he hasn't been stellar for a while.....although the team in front of him is as much to blame as anything else. But the reality is that Kipper will finish his current deal and be 38 years old when he starts to work with his next one. I don't see too many teams out there giving up a helluvalot of future talent in exchange for just a couple of years with a goaltender who really isn't much better than top 15 at this point. Scrivens and Reimer are unlikely to turn into elite goaltenders, they are upgrades on the revolving door of backups that the Flames keep circulating through the lineup out of Abbotsford, but I highly doubt they are ready to be the goto guy in the crease on a regular basis. They certainly aren't going to develop effectively behind what will be next year's Calgary Flames.

If the Flames don't get at least a pair of 1st round picks and a few 2nd's in exchange for Kipper and Iginla, they are going to be going the way of the Oilers for the next decade.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Maybe Tampa takes a run at Kipper but they had better do it soon as they are falling fast.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Maybe Tampa takes a run at Kipper but they had better do it soon as they are falling fast.
Who do they send back the other way though? I suppose just draft picks and prospects, though I can't see them giving up any young roster players. Problem with that is that Kipper puts them over the cap.....

St. Louis for Kipper is reasonable, but the downside for Tampa is Kipper's age, and St. Louis isn't going to put Calgary into the playoffs.....to say nothing about making them a contender. Calgary needs to rebuild, and everyone knows it.

Calgary is screwed. I love it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So the asking price for Iggy is a first, a good young prospect and a roster player or another prospect.

Schroeder, 1st and Connauton get it done ??

Maybe one of Gaunce or Jensen instead of the little guy ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:Maybe Tampa takes a run at Kipper but they had better do it soon as they are falling fast.
They're not falling fast - they are done! They've already circled the bowl and are down the sewer now...

The cutoff in the East is expected to be around 54 points.
Even if the Bolts go on a .750 pace (only Chicago & the Pens have managed that this year) they could pick up 24 points in their last 16 games - still only taking them to 51 points and still missing.

They would need to go 13-2-1 even just to have a chance to make it.

They are done, might as well embrace the turtle derby for the 1st overall pick.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So the asking price for Iggy is a first, a good young prospect and a roster player or another prospect.

To heck with that, I might as well morgage my house and bet it down at the track...

In the last 4 years, Iggy had a 67, 86 and 69 point season. Now he has 19 points playing on the top line, and is on pace for a 64 point season.

We'd morgage the future for an fading mid-30's rental player who would in all likelyhood test the UFA market this summer?

He might come in and make an impact, or he might be the next Yashin or Gomez. :hmmm:
Or he could twist his ankle on the first shift. :wow:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don't believe this is the year where we look for that one guy that puts us over the top. Too many other questions and holes on the team. I'd love Iggy but not at a price like that, no way, no how.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In a hearbeat I trade Schroeder, a 1st and Connauton for Iginla if he signed a three year extension for Sedin type money.

A tiny centre who may one day be 45 point centre, a late first and a sketchy prospect for a proven, consistent 35 goal scorer who plays with an edge.

I'd be more hesitant to throw in Gaunce or Jensen but if the pick became a 2nd I persuaded. This team needs an injection of skill up front and the way Gillis went after Doan I am willing to be he has called Feaster about Iginla.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:So the asking price for Iggy is a first, a good young prospect and a roster player or another prospect.

Boi, it surprises me Blob that you of all people would be on board with all those morons today on 1040 who are actually buying into Blake Price's hype machine that we should give up those kinds of assets for a player on his last legs. How many times do we have to go down the route of bringing in these stars way passed their prime to realize that they never ever work out for the better.

A lot of folks in this city have a weird obsession with past stars like they are still shining bright today.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau