3rd line center - deadline RENTALS?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: 3rd line center - deadline RENTALS?

Post by Island Nucklehead »

What about a trade with Detroit? They're moving to the east next year. Gustavsson is their backup and is under contract next season.

Say Luongo to Detroit for Helm (assuming his back is okay) , Gustavsson and Ryan Sproul.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Jimmy Howard is doing a good job in detroit, they don't need another goalie.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Besides, I don't see Holland letting go of Helm any time soon. Babcock loves him, and letting him go would pretty much put the wings in the Canucks' shoes with regard to their 3rd line centre position.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I posted this trade idea in another thread but it is right on discussion here.

To Washington

Luomgo/Schneider
1st and a third

To Vancouver

Ribeiro
Carlson
1st

The trade would be contingent on Ribeiro's agent agreeing to a new contract.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Ah, k. Thanx for the reply doods. So, booth's and Kes's injuries don't help us, but maybe Malhotra's does? His $2 mill salary doesn't help much, but maybe closer to the tradedeadline it might be useful. :P

dbr wrote:Todd, no. Once the team exceeds the cap they can claim LTIR and exceed it by the amount of the injured players cap hits. They can't save up extra space by waiting to claim that exception.
ukcanuck wrote:They can go over the cap by the amount of the long term injured player to pay for a replacement.

There is some question about malhotra being able to go on LTIR I believe
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Rangers place Halpern, Caps place Crabb, Canes place Boychuk, Bolts place Lee on Waivers
Interesting, a centre ($0.75m UFA) and a RH defenseman ($1.15m UFA one season later) for free. I know these two players won't provide much offense and Lee is not a defensive stud neither. However, Halpern can win some faceoffs which might defensively help the team. Lee could be a little bit of a project but if he is used as a 6th defenseman who is RH, he might be ok.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No thanks to any of those players. They all suck.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hmm... right now I think I'd take Halpern. He is getting a bit old for a hockey player, but I'd take just about any centreman right now. Even if it's just to help out till Kes comes back, we can just waive him again after.

Jovocop wrote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Rangers place Halpern, Caps place Crabb, Canes place Boychuk, Bolts place Lee on Waivers
Interesting, a centre ($0.75m UFA) and a RH defenseman ($1.15m UFA one season later) for free. I know these two players won't provide much offense and Lee is not a defensive stud neither. However, Halpern can win some faceoffs which might defensively help the team. Lee could be a little bit of a project but if he is used as a 6th defenseman who is RH, he might be ok.