WTF Where's the GDT? Mar 18 MIN @ VCR 7PM S-NET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: WTF Where's the GDT? Mar 18 MIN @ VCR 7PM S-NET

Post by Arachnid »

Yes this team sucks ass right now, we need to trade for a better goalie!

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If Meatloaf Boy Gillis puts us in a position to draft one of Jones, McKinnon, Nichushkin, Drouin, Nurse, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, ya just know that he will end up with the bust of the bunch.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Wow I feel bad for Ballard but seriously, that play for the 3-1 goal is something my son's midget team defense are told never to do.

What now? Maybe hide more Twitter tickets around town and try to fill the ever emptying Rogers Arena. The ultimate insult would be no one bothering to go find them. Has anyone mentioned the unblemished "sold out" record? I suspect not.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote:I'm cheering for Lipton
Tea bagger! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Wow, we can't score. Got a bunch of 'pluggers' and no one who can put the puck in the net. Ya gotta believe that GMMG is really starting to feel the heat now. The wild come into our barn and beat us handily and take over first... . wow. :oops: Well i just hope Tanti, Lidster, Sundstom and Skriko and the boys have a better game next time ( i remember too well what the team was like in the mid-eighties). Don't know what to say. We had a good run for a few years... but kinda looks like the window is pretty much closed now (a little faster than most of us predicted I think). I will be quite surprised at this point to see us make the playoffs - can't see it.
cc oldtimer
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

nuckster wrote:Wow, we can't score. Got a bunch of 'pluggers' and no one who can put the puck in the net. Ya gotta believe that GMMG is really starting to feel the heat now. The wild come into our barn and beat us handily and take over first... . wow. :oops: Well i just hope Tanti, Lidster, Sundstom and Skriko and the boys have a better game next time ( i remember too well what the team was like in the mid-eighties). Don't know what to say. We had a good run for a few years... but kinda looks like the window is pretty much closed now (a little faster than most of us predicted I think). I will be quite surprised at this point to see us make the playoffs - can't see it.
Don't let the wheel run you over after you've fallen off....I think BD cut the reins :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

*LOL* Why are we stuck with all the cheezeburger chompin GMs? First Nonis, now Gillis. :lol:

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gillis - What is he doing up there? Does Anybody know what he's doing up there?
Eating cheese burgers.

lol - since last year everyone knew that a C was needed but what does MG do but sign another overpriced D man. Thanks Gillis you are starting to taking this team down the wrong path. I knew it would come one day but not this soon.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

nuckster wrote:Wow, we can't score. Got a bunch of 'pluggers' and no one who can put the puck in the net. Ya gotta believe that GMMG is really starting to feel the heat now. The wild come into our barn and beat us handily and take over first... . wow. :oops: Well i just hope Tanti, Lidster, Sundstom and Skriko and the boys have a better game next time ( i remember too well what the team was like in the mid-eighties). Don't know what to say. We had a good run for a few years... but kinda looks like the window is pretty much closed now (a little faster than most of us predicted I think). I will be quite surprised at this point to see us make the playoffs - can't see it.

I think the talking heads nailed it during intermission.....

We are seeing more and more of the Tortorella collapse and everyone block shots and protect the front of the net style of defense. It is a system that completely shuts down the Canucks offense. Vigneault has to make adjustments and adapt to that the same way other coaches have. He hasn't done that yet. I was quite surprised to see that the talking heads were all over Vigneault and starting to point the finger at him.....it's deserved IMO, I was just surprised to see it so quickly......figured it would take at least the until they missed the playoffs. :P
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Mëds wrote:We are seeing more and more of the Tortorella collapse and everyone block shots and protect the front of the net style of defense.
Interesting... Perhaps we're seeing the ultimate stinginess of playoff defense creep into the regular season. It would make sense, even more so in light of the shortened season. Sadly, it's making NHL hockey less and less interesting to watch league-wide.