Canucks get Zack Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks get Zack Kassian

Postby Topper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 am

The lack of decent centres in Buffalo is a big reason why they sit where they do in the standings.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:10 am

Topper wrote:The lack of decent centres in Buffalo is a big reason why they sit where they do in the standings.

Like I said, I still like the trade and like Kassian, we just need him to step it up some more.

I still am of the mind that you just don't give away good young, skilled centers either. They are extremely hard to acquire, you pretty much have to draft them are trade an arm and a leg for them. Goaltending, top 2 defenseman and centre's are the most important positions in the game. You need to be strong down the middle from 1st line to 4th line.

You're being pretty biased if ya don't think Hodgson winning the race right now. And since when have the Canucks been playing lights out? Buffalo has bigger problems than just their centre position. Ryan Miller looks like a mere shadow of his former self.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Diehard1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Laughing @ Diehard as he paddles through the river of urine.

I'm going to cough up for a case of diapers for the dude and his crew.........Pampers or Huggies fellas ?? :stupid:

This place isn't so bad - at least it's not HFBoards where it seems that every moronic Canucks fan has gone. The conversations that go on over there are impossible to follow and painful to read.

At least here most of the posters have something to add, even if some should be taking their meds before posting.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Diehard1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:The lack of decent centres in Buffalo is a big reason why they sit where they do in the standings.

Like I said, I still like the trade and like Kassian, we just need him to step it up some more.

I still am of the mind that you just don't give away good young, skilled centers either. They are extremely hard to acquire, you pretty much have to draft them are trade an arm and a leg for them. Goaltending, top 2 defenseman and centre's are the most important positions in the game. You need to be strong down the middle from 1st line to 4th line.

You're being pretty biased if ya don't think Hodgson winning the race right now. And since when have the Canucks been playing lights out? Buffalo has bigger problems than just their centre position. Ryan Miller looks like a mere shadow of his former self.

Hodgson is definitely winning the race right now, but it's a marathon and they are barely past the first K marker. There's so much time to go and so much upside to Kassian that I still like the trade. Kass sure was doing well with the twins for the first few games, Hodgson has played with Vanek and Pominville the whole season. I'm sure Kass would be a lot closer in points had he been put with some playmakers and/or finishers instead of guys like Lappy and Booth who are both struggling to score.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby herb » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:45 am

I wonder how much if any Kassian's drop in physicality and generally lacklustre play of late has anything to do with this recurring back issue. This is purely speculation, but if his back has been bothering him, it's easy to see why he has been slower and less physical of late.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat