GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

Post by Meds »

I love how many people drink Ferraro's Kool-Aid.

Kassian tried a fancy pass in the offensive zone. Ferraro says 15 feet from the blueline, more like 30 feet. Kassian was at the face off circle when he made that play. The goal is then scored off of some down low grinding by the Preds and the Canucks were all back. Blaming that goal on Kassian is like blaming the Canucks goal on a face off loss three plays before. There are missed reads all over the ice, but one that leads to a goal after 4 or 5 other players have touched and battled for the puck, that gets saddled on the guy who tried something different that didn't connect, that is retarded. Why not blame Higgins for not reading what Kassian was going to do?

Kassian has been reminding me of a young Bertuzzi out there lately, I mean the Bert that showed flashes of what he could do in his first few seasons in Vancouver. Kassian plays harder in his own end though..... :P

Edler scored, and then was useless. A give away below his own goal line that directly resulted in a goal, 2 lazy penalties, one on a bad read, he shouldn't have tried to turn and beat Fisher to the puck, he should have gone straight back to his net and angled Fisher to the outside.

Bieksa was cursed out there tonight. Off his skate and in. Gets handed one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cuz that turnover was the start that eventually led to the nashville goal. Kass tried to make a fancy cute drop pass to Higgy, but it was a blind pass and he did not look first. It was closer to the Nashville guy than Higgy. Nashville turns it down the other way, some bad coverage on our own end, a weird bounce and lou is fishing it out of our net. Bottom line, we were up 5-2, that goal made it 5-3. It gave Nashville new life as they clawed back to 5-4. We were lucky to get the Hank penatly shot to go back up 6-4. That was poor judgement by a young player; ferraro and AV were right to point the finger @ Kass.

Mëds wrote:I love how many people drink Ferraro's Kool-Aid.

Kassian tried a fancy pass in the offensive zone. Ferraro says 15 feet from the blueline, more like 30 feet. Kassian was at the face off circle when he made that play. The goal is then scored off of some down low grinding by the Preds and the Canucks were all back. Blaming that goal on Kassian is like blaming the Canucks goal on a face off loss three plays before. There are missed reads all over the ice, but one that leads to a goal after 4 or 5 other players have touched and battled for the puck, that gets saddled on the guy who tried something different that didn't connect, that is retarded. Why not blame Higgins for not reading what Kassian was going to do?
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

dhabums wrote:
sagebrush wrote:A run & gun game between the Canucks & Predators. :wow:

Where did the resident bed wetters go tonight?
No kidding :D

Good thing Booth didn't miss that net, we'd never hear the end of it...

So I guess Ebbett is going to get another shot as the 3rd line center (2nd until Kes returns)
After a 3-point night I doubt they can sneak him through waivers again

Nice to see Max & Dale pick up some points
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

OK , I am in Thailand and March 14 is International BJ day ( makes up for buying flowers,chocolates,dinner and other romantic shit on Feb 14 ) :).. so missed the game.. Read the comments, looked at the stats and came to the conclusion that we were lucky Rinne had a shitty game? Ebbet , Hansen and MayRay line looks good but Ebbet sucked at FaceOffs.. Stats say Higgins was the top Canuck at Face Offs? Sedin line not great? So we beat a Preds team with a lot of injured players and bad goaltending.. Good enough..
Hope thats enough "bedwetting"?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Tiger wrote:Read the comments, looked at the stats and came to the conclusion that we were lucky Rinne had a shitty game?
It was just one of those games. Rinne has been pulled his last 3 starts in Vancouver, so not sure if lucky is the word. Hell, even the weak Sedin deke worked. Usually it ends up being a pass into the pads, but Mason played it like Hank was Malik + Datsyuk + Kane. Canucks deserved the win.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Kassian has been reminding me of a young Bertuzzi out there lately, I mean the Bert that showed flashes of what he could do in his first few seasons in Vancouver. Kassian plays harder in his own end though..... :P

Edler scored, and then was useless. A give away below his own goal line that directly resulted in a goal, 2 lazy penalties, one on a bad read, he shouldn't have tried to turn and beat Fisher to the puck, he should have gone straight back to his net and angled Fisher to the outside.

Bieksa was cursed out there tonight. Off his skate and in. Gets handed one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Edler was +3 Kassian was -2
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

dhabums wrote: It was just one of those games. Rinne has been pulled his last 3 starts in Vancouver, so not sure if lucky is the word. Hell, even the weak Sedin deke worked. Usually it ends up being a pass into the pads, but Mason played it like Hank was Malik + Datsyuk + Kane. Canucks deserved the win.
I was also thinking the same thing about Sedins deak. It looked great, but Mason bit huge on it. Nevertheless it stopped the momentum swing and locked up the win for us.

I like the fact that Minnesota won again to keep the pressure up. The Nucks looking over their shoulders has to be a good thing IMO.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

dhabums wrote:

Laundromat
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

dhabums wrote:

2 wins in a row?? Are the Canucks peaking too early??? ImageImageImage
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Quality game. Finally got some bounces and Hank's deke on the PS was fun. Hansen was all over the place last night. No way should we include him in any trade packages, the guy's a third-line stalwart on this team for years to come.

Really hope the Sedins can start to get steady pressure in the offensive zone as we head down the stretch. If this is their game in the playoffs we are most certainly fucked.

Luongo was terrible.
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:Quality game. Finally got some bounces and Hank's deke on the shootout was fun. Hansen was all over the place last night. No way should we include him in any trade packages, the guy's a third-line stalwart on this team for years to come.
Really hope the Sedins can start to get steady pressure in the offensive zone as we head down the stretch. If this is their game in the playoffs we are most certainly fucked.

Luongo was terrible.
Agreed, unless the trade offer is ridiculous, MG should never include Hansen in any conversations.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Daniel doling out the chin music? Really?
I thought I dreamt that! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dhabums wrote:

4 goals against?? :evil:

Luckily Rinne shat the bed....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: - Great penalty shot goal by Hank. I think AV should start using the twins in shootouts.
Daniel has always sucked in shootouts.

Henrik has only had two shootouts attempts, both easily stopped.

He got lucky last night.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kind of wanted to see him @ centre though.
Pinizzotto is not a centre.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Maybe with the new pope in, God will help Booth score more. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, cause maybe Ray Ferraro had a nice long and successful career in the NHL and might know a thing or two about the game and that you don't?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau