GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

Post by wafflecombine »

Team Record: 12-7-6
Last Game: 2-1 SO/W at Columbus (MAR.12.13)

Season Series: 1-0-0
Last Meeting: 1-0 W (FEB.22.13) Team Record: 11-9-6
Last Game: 4-0 W at Dallas (MAR.12.13)

Season Series: 0-1-0
Last Meeting: 0-1 L (FEB.22.13)

Storylines
The Set-Up
The Vancouver Canucks (12-7-6) return to the friendly confines of Rogers Arena to begin a four-game home stand starting tonight when they host the Nashville Predators (11-9-6).

What You Need to Know
•The Canucks begin a four-game home stand tonight which is the most consecutive games in a row they will play at Rogers Arena from now until the end of the season. They have three more home stands to go after this one but none of those will exceed three games in length.

•The Canucks are coming off a three-game road trip that saw them finish with a 1-1-1 record. They managed to salvage a respectable record on the trip with a 2-1 shootout win in Columbus in their last outing, a win that snapped a four-game winless skid.
•The Predators are playing the second game of a four-game road trip tonight. They began their trip with a 4-0 shutout win in Dallas on Tuesday.
•Despite Tuesday's victory, the Predators have been struggling of late with just four wins in their last 12 outings (4-6-2). They're looking to string together back-to-back wins tonight for the first time in a month.
•Tonight marks the second of three meetings between the Canucks and Predators this season. In their first meeting back on February 22, F Dale Weise broke a scoreless tie midway through the third period while G Roberto Luongo stopped all 23 shots he faced to lead the Canucks to a 1-0 win in Nashville.
•The Canucks managed to reclaim top spot in the Northwest Division on Tuesday thanks to their win coupled with Minnesota's loss to Anaheim that night. They can stretch their division lead to as many as four points over Minnesota tonight with a win combined with a Wild loss against the Avalanche.

•The Canucks had a team day off yesterday so any lineup news won't be known at least until after the morning skate. Many observers are undoubtedly keeping an eye on the status of D Kevin Bieksa who has missed the last five straight games with a groin injury. The Canucks are 1-4-2 this season without Bieksa in the lineup.
•Nashville will be without several of their top forwards tonight including leading scorer Colin Wilson and Patrick Hornqvist. They may also be without F Paul Gaustad as well as he left Tuesday's win in Dallas with an upper body injury and did not return.
•G Roberto Luongo is a good bet to be Vancouver's starter tonight after his strong outing in Columbus on Tuesday. Luongo shutout the Preds back on February 22 and has a career record of 13-12-3 versus Nashville with a 2.18 GAA and a .924 save percentage to go with three shutouts.
•Predators G Pekka Rinne has started the last 10 games in a row for the Predators and will likely make it 11 in a row tonight. He's coming off his league-leading fifth shutout of the season and has a shutout streak of 95:59 entering tonight's game. Rinne has a career record of 5-6-1 against the Canucks with a 2.46 GAA and a .923 save percentage to go with one shutout.

Stolen from CDC - http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id ... L|VAN|home
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT - Canucks vs. Predators (Mar 14/2013)

Post by wafflecombine »

According to Vancouver Sun: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html

Bieksa in, Lou in

Ballard and Barker scratches

Steve Pinizzotto a maybe (depends on AV's magic coin I guess).
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Looking forward to seeing the Italian shit disturber in action. Pinnizzotto, I mean.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Heard Ray Ferraro say this morning the 2 least entertaining games he's seen this year both involved Nashville.

Nashville has not lost when scoring the first goal and and has not won when not scoring the first goal.

James Duthie says there will be a 1st intermission comedy piece involving him, Luongo, Schneider and what appears to be a zombie mannequin.

Hopefully someone scores in the last minute of the first, you can stay tuned for the comedy during the intermission and then get to bed early.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Walking Dead tonight...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Of all the games TSN had to broadcast... This may be even more painful than watching the last road trip. Pretty bad when the highlight of the show may be Duthie's comedy bit with Lou and Ginger. :|

I don't think I'll even make it to the third period. Looking forward to Saturday's game already.

Hope Pinner gets in and has a good showing. Otherwise, I'll try to stifle my yawns.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think I saw Pinner wearing my old shoulder pads :mad:
I donated those to charity dammit
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Steve "The Answer" Ebbett :wink: solves Pekka "The Riddle" Rinne

and Pinner, sporting my old pads, with his first scap
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Nice to see the D continue the brain farts. :?

As typing a D man scores but then there is 55 mins left so I am sure another brain fart by a d man will tie the game.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Nice hit by pinnizoti causing the fight he won.
Edler schmedler...shoot ..score
Preds feed...#9 kashon (how they pronounce it)
Fixed..someone corrected them
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Wow...mace from ebbet snd hanson..beauty one timer
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Nice to see one of the leagues best tenders sucks 'nads when he plays in Vancouver!

Oh and he plays for an opposing team.

:mrgreen:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Others nadsucking...good
Us nadsucking......bad
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Lancer wrote:Of all the games TSN had to broadcast... This may be even more painful than watching the last road trip. Pretty bad when the highlight of the show may be Duthie's comedy bit with Lou and Ginger. :|

I don't think I'll even make it to the third period. Looking forward to Saturday's game already.

Hope Pinner gets in and has a good showing. Otherwise, I'll try to stifle my yawns.
ummmmmm.... yeah... about that....

Nice first shift for Pinner. Pretty much showcased what the organization wants from him in one shift. Keep it up, dude.

Bieksa giveth, and he taketh away. Nice to see some things don't change even after a couple games injured. :P

I was glad to see Edler finally rip a slapper. The past coupla games he was doing nothing but lofting wristers in there to typical effect. I was starting to wonder if his back was preventing him from ripping them. Now I know the problem's between the ears.

Hansen's being Hansen again. Sorry, but you just can't trade a guy like that without suffering for it no matter who the player is coming back.

Kassian and Booth will score soon. They can't keep playing like this and not get rewarded. It will be interesting to see if Kesler slots in between them when he comes back and how effective that line would be in that event.

Keeep it up boys! :towel:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Cuthbert makes CBC & SNET disposable.