GDT: Mar 12 - Canucks in Ohio for another BJ on SPAC - 4 PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Mar 12 - Canucks in Ohio for another BJ on SPAC -

Post by Hockey Widow »

^^

I get angry and frustrated but see the holes. I can't imagine MG is not trying to fix the problem. And I think he may have to give up more than he wants to fix it properly, not just plug holes because we don't have any centres in the system just chomping at the bit to take charge.

If it doesn't get addressed then I too think we are in for a short playoff run.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Effort level way better
Pp Much better
Goal tending...good

Scoring...needs work
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I notice that Columbus is complaining in the media about Raymond's spin-o-rama move.

I watched it and I thought it looked within the rules but what did you guys think.

Granted it won us the game but objectively: what did you think?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

wafflecombine wrote:I notice that Columbus is complaining in the media about Raymond's spin-o-rama move.

I watched it and I thought it looked within the rules but what did you guys think.

They could complain all they want but they could not win without putting the puck in the net. With three tries, they came out with nothing.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

wafflecombine wrote:I notice that Columbus is complaining in the media about Raymond's spin-o-rama move.

Is the rule you cannot stop the movement of the puck or you cannot go backwards with the buck?
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Reefer2 wrote:
Is the rule you cannot stop the movement of the puck or you cannot go backwards with the buck?
I think it used to be the puck needs to maintain forward motion - but they have changed it to the puck needs to maintain motion. Or Datsyuk's wonderful move would be illegal as well, as he moves the puck backwards slightly.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:

The basic idea is that in a shootout it is movement within the actual movement of the player or somethin like that. In a penalty shot the puck must be in constant forward motion towards the goal with an exception made on the act of scoring or shooting. So a toe drag around the goalie (see Datsuyk) is legal, but a spin-or-ama on the crease where the puck and player both stop is not.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote: Is the rule you cannot stop the movement of the puck or you cannot go backwards with the buck?
Official Rules - Rule 24: Penalty Shot
24.2 Procedure - The Referee shall ask to have announced over the public address system the name of the player designated by him or selected by the team entitled to take the shot (as appropriate). He shall then place the puck on the center face-off spot and the player taking the shot will, on the instruction of the Referee (by blowing his whistle), play the puck from there and shall attempt to score on the goalkeeper. The puck must be kept in motion towards the opponent’s goal line and once it is shot, the play shall be considered complete. No goal can be scored on a rebound of any kind (an exception being the puck off the goal post or crossbar, then the goalkeeper and then directly into the goal), and any time the puck crosses the goal line or comes to a complete stop, the shot shall be considered complete.

The lacrosse-like move whereby the puck is picked up on the blade of the stick and “whipped” into the net shall be permitted provided the puck is not raised above the height of the shoulders at any time and when released, is not carried higher than the crossbar. See also 80.1.

The spin-o-rama type move where the player completes a 360° turn as he approaches the goal, shall be permitted as this involves continuous motion.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: The basic idea is that in a shootout it is movement within the actual movement of the player or somethin like that. In a penalty shot the puck must be in constant forward motion towards the goal with an exception made on the act of scoring or shooting. So a toe drag around the goalie (see Datsuyk) is legal, but a spin-or-ama on the crease where the puck and player both stop is not.
But what if the puck is moving really really really ridiculously slowly?

Who's to say amirite?

Have you ever seen a shootout where the play was blown dead because a ref ruled the puck stopped?

Let's face it, NHL shootouts are like Australian rules football.

There are no rules.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hmmm does anyone think we'll ever see a coach call for a stick measurement in a shootout?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26286

10.7 Stick Measurement – Prior to Shootout Attempt – A stick measurement request must be made prior to the Referee blowing his whistle to begin the shootout attempt.

If the stick is “legal” the complaining Club forfeits their next shootout attempt. In addition, the complaining Club’s Coach shall be fined one thousand dollars ($1000) and the Club shall be fined five thousand dollars ($5000). Should this occur during the first set of three shooters, the next shooter listed becomes ineligible to shoot until such time as all eligible players have participated in the shootout. Their next shootout attempt would be recorded as “no goal”.

If the stick is “illegal”, the offending team forfeits that shootout attempt by that player, and the player becomes ineligible to participate in the shootout. In addition, the player is fined one thousand dollars ($1000) and his Club is fined five thousand dollars ($5000). This shootout attempt would be recorded as “no goal”.

Stick measurement violations during the shootout shall not be subject to the fines and suspensions outlined in 10.5
Not bloody likely....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Actually... when Strangelove pisses, people listen!
Because it has so far to fall to the floor or the blood curdling scream when the mattress becomes over saturated?
Are you calling for a stick measurement? :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.