So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Boston Canucker »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
rats19 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Why don't you tell me what a bust Kadri is.
Hey I really like Kadri & Bozak for that matter...BigTuna and his quoting ability....meh!

I went back through your posts///you have misused the tool from day 1. I believe you do it on purpose as..no one is that inept..wtf
Getting back to the topic...

Do we have a pretty good idea that TO offered Bozak & Kadri?

Because I thought they offered Bozak and a low pick, but wouldn't include Kadri?
This all looks to be another Damion Cox canucks-axe grinding lie. Someone traced his tweets back to a time when he actually said this is what the Canucks asked for (Kadri, Bozek, and a pick) and he (Cox) laughed at the offer, and then a week or so ago he tweets as if that is what Toronto offered. All sources say that was not TO's offer...just Cox, who has some weird stalkerish obsession with the Canucks, lying.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:I don't think both ever were on the table. That was our want, not thier give, iirc.
I thought it was something like Bozak, Franson and a 2nd or Bozak, Frattin and a 2nd.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:
rats19 wrote:I don't think both ever were on the table. That was our want, not thier give, iirc.
I thought it was something like Bozak, Franson and a 2nd or Bozak, Frattin and a 2nd.
At the time I thought they should have taken the deal, if it was Bozak, Franson & a pick, or even just Bozak & Franson.
(We''ll throw in Booth or Ballard going the other way, lol)
GMMG is looking for a home run, I don't think he'll get it.

The deal is looking better now, but TO seems to think that it's goaltending is OK.
At some point MG has to balance the option of taking some lesser (but useful) return for Lu, rather than waiting for a better deal (which may not come, and while the team struggles at center in the meantime)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Looks like Schneider gets to sit for a few.
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Luongo starts vs CBJ, @VanCanucks Likely to get a few games here to see if he can keep the ball
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cory to Edmonton for Ederle and Gagne. Get er done MG.
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:Cory to Edmonton for Ederle and Gagne. Get er done MG.
Wait a minute, I thought Luongo was the one who wanted out for family reasons. Would he really be willing to stay if Schneider got moved?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Wishful thinking that this is something you've heard and not just your own proposal/wishes? :lol: :drink:
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Lancer wrote:
Wait a minute, I thought Luongo was the one who wanted out for family reasons. Would he really be willing to stay if Schneider got moved?

Luongo wants out for family reasons ???

What is this ? 2008 ?
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The_Pauser wrote:
Wishful thinking that this is something you've heard and not just your own proposal/wishes? :lol: :drink:

LOL

Just my wishful thinking. No, I haven't heard this as gossip or rumour. Don't want to start that one now. If Edmonton was stupid enough to offer those two for Cory I'm sure MG would be all over it.

I think most of us had high expectations for what type of return we would get for Luongo. Yes, there were some here who saw it in a more negative light. I think MG has been holding off on purpose just waiting for all of our expectations to come back down to earth. :D :D :D
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013 ... ml?cmp=rss

So if we deal with Florida maybe we can get this prospect:

Scott Timmins

23 year old centre drafted in the 6th round in 2009. In 70 games with the San Antonio Rampage this season, he has scored 11 goals and has 16 assists alongside 34 penalty minutes.

He would certainly break the mold of players we have previously gotten from Florida.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

How sterotypical. I love how the husband boastfully claimed he'd have subdued the passed out drunk by executing him with a bullet to the head.

Sigh...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Luongo just won with only 1 goal against and he won the SO, keep him and trade CS.

Or

Luongo just increased his trade value get 2 1st and a prospect.

8-)
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:Luongo just won with only 1 goal against and he won the SO, keep him and trade CS.

Or

8-)
Funny how the goaltending market is getting supply-dumped with possibilities right now. Miller apparently is on the block (if Regier does that, he's pretty much comitting to a full-out re-build unless he knows something about Enroth that the rest of the league doesn't), and Bernier apparently is on offer as trade bait. Whenever Feaster comes out of denial, Kipper may get put into play as well.

Two ways of looking at it: the array of potential goalies to be had dilutes Luongo's value, or even if the others get snatched up before Lou there will be someone who lost out on the others who will be desperate enough to pay close to Gillis' asking price.

Even so, the talk is that most if not all these goalies will get traded in the off-season vice at deadline.

As the world turns...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lancer wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Luongo just won with only 1 goal against and he won the SO, keep him and trade CS.

Or

8-)
Funny how the goaltending market is getting supply-dumped with possibilities right now. Miller apparently is on the block (if Regier does that, he's pretty much comitting to a full-out re-build unless he knows something about Enroth that the rest of the league doesn't), and Bernier apparently is on offer as trade bait. Whenever Feaster comes out of denial, Kipper may get put into play as well.

Two ways of looking at it: the array of potential goalies to be had dilutes Luongo's value, or even if the others get snatched up before Lou there will be someone who lost out on the others who will be desperate enough to pay close to Gillis' asking price.

Even so, the talk is that most if not all these goalies will get traded in the off-season vice at deadline.

As the world turns...
Outside of one or two seasons and the 2010 Olympics, I have always considered Ryan Miller to be a good starting goaltender, but never an elite goto backstop that a team wants behind them in the playoffs if they have an option like Luongo or Brodeur or Rinne. Miller is badly inconsistent, as much as we have seen Luongo get shelled and stink the joint out, Miller is worse. He's an emotional basket case and is easily rattled.

Kipper is going to be 37 years old to start next year, and to be honest he is starting show signs of decline.

Bernier looks good but has no resume as a starting goaltender.

Luongo is in a class with Ludqvist, Pinne, and Brodeur.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Hockey Widow wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:

LOL

Just my wishful thinking. No, I haven't heard this as gossip or rumour. Don't want to start that one now. If Edmonton was stupid enough to offer those two for Cory I'm sure MG would be all over it.

I think most of us had high expectations for what type of return we would get for Luongo. Yes, there were some here who saw it in a more negative light. I think MG has been holding off on purpose just waiting for all of our expectations to come back down to earth. :D :D :D
Damn I knew it! Lol.

Well I personally still have high expectations. I wouldn't move either goalie unless we can address our most pressing needs: scoring, and first line potential prospects. And if Lu is willing to stay in Vancouver then I would look to move Schneider. I really don't see Schneider developing into the top 5 goalie that Luongo already is. He's had a few games this season to grab the bull by the horns and run with it and he hasn't impressed. He's been good no doubt, but not better than at least 10 goalies out there including Luongo.