GDT - Canucks go Wild in MinneSnowta. 5pm -Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT - Canucks go Wild in MinneSnowta. 5pm -Snet-P

Post by sagebrush »

To panic, or not to panic - this is the question.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote:To panic, or not to panic - this is the question.
I panic...therefore I am...:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Patience grasshopper.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pac B my point is and was the team has quit on the coach.
I have and still do like AV as a coach, but this group has looked like a clunky, tired old beater more often than a well oiled machine over the past calendar year. The sloppy, slow, sad PP since January 2012 is a highlight of the effort level and execution of this group over that time. The personnel has largely not changed since before then, so what gives?

I do think this current funk is just that, a funk. Every year there's at least one stretch of terrible play. The team has none of that swagger they show when they are playing well.

However, outside of the last game against LA, which was truly a great all around effort, we haven't seen a consistent work ethic or execution from any single player all year outside of Chris Tanev. This is not a bad team that will consistently lose to Columbus, Calgary and Minnesota, and I am confident that we will win 10 in a row before this shortened season is over, but I am starting to wonder. The longer it takes to get back to winning, let along looking like a dominant team, the more I wonder about what needs to change.

First off, even with a healthy Kesler this team needs another NHL centre. It also needs another right side defenseman. Ballard needs to go, and Lapierre needs to play on the 4th line only, ever. These are no brainers. Though, I am beginning to wonder if there is a cultural problem here. Is there too much of a country club atmosphere with this group? Does this group need a shakeup to remind them that they are in the business of winning hockey games?
I agreed with Blob here. I wasn't too happy to see AV giggled before the puck dropped. When the team has been playing like shit for the last few games, the head coach has to be more serious than that.

The Canucks need a third line centre and a RH defenseman. Should MG be patient? I dunno. All I know is that if the team keeps losing for a few more games, we can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye. I am not sure what Aquilini would do if the Canucks fail to make the playoffs...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Speaking of centre's, which of the two Ryan's would you rather have right now - O'Reilly or Getzlaf? The two of them sure do have their teams playing fantastically.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Speaking of centre's, which of the two Ryan's would you rather have right now - O'Reilly or Getzlaf? The two of them sure do have their teams playing fantastically.
If we are talking about day dreaming, I would rather have Crosby or Malkin over the two Ryan's. In reality, there is almost impossible to get Getzlaf and definitely impossible to get ROR. He can't be traded until the end of 14/15 season.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Blobs bladder broke.
Are you not a little concerned with the teams play since the brawl in Beantown , Topper ?
I recently read this from an extremely knowledgeable person.
Under Crawford, too many post game Naslund interviews started with "I don't know what happened tonight. We came out slow and unprepared." When AV was hired, he very pointedly remarked that would not happen under his reign. Well, guess what, it is happening.

Is it AV, is it the leadership, is it the shortened season? All could be contributing, but as the organization themselves noted, this goes back to immediately after the Boston win a year ago.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Speaking of centre's, which of the two Ryan's would you rather have right now - O'Reilly or Getzlaf? The two of them sure do have their teams playing fantastically.
If we are talking about day dreaming, I would rather have Crosby or Malkin over the two Ryan's. In reality, there is almost impossible to get Getzlaf and definitely impossible to get ROR. He can't be traded until the end of 14/15 season.
Try listening, it goes a long way...I specified Getzlaf and O'Reilly, where in the orginal question did I mention Crosby or Malkin, cause for the fucking life of me, I don't see where. I bring Getz and RoR up because they have been under a boat load of scrutiny upon these message board walls here at the CC by the likes of you and your hoi polloi. Seems that a lot of folks here at Gillisville sum them up as a couple of overpaid bums BUT seemingly have their teams rockin and a rollin at the moment.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Try listening, it goes a long way...I specified Getzlaf and O'Reilly, where in the orginal question did I mention Crosby or Malkin, cause for the fucking life of me, I don't see where. I bring Getz and RoR up because they have been under a boat load of scrutiny upon these message board walls here at the CC by the likes of you and your hoi polloi. Seems that a lot of folks here at Gillisville sum them up as a couple of overpaid bums BUT seemingly have their teams rockin and a rollin at the moment.
You are entitled to your opinion. However, what do the two Ryans have anything to do with the Game Day Thread??

Personally, I think Getzlaf is overpaid for too long. That is just my opinion and it has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to further your discussion about the two Ryans, perhaps you should go back to the Corner Chat instead.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion. However, what do the two Ryans have anything to do with the Game Day Thread??

Personally, I think Getzlaf is overpaid for too long. That is just my opinion and it has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to further your discussion about the two Ryans, perhaps you should go back to the Corner Chat instead.
I believe they having something to do with this thread. Most the chatter here is how dreadful we are at centre all the while these two fantastically gifted young centres took a massive pounding from the likes of you on these boards over the last while, basically calling them bums. Let me ask you this, would you trade Ballard and Booth for Getzlaf and his new contract? And do you still feel that O'Reilly is overpaid?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
I agree, it would have been very easy for Gillis to pick up a Getzlaf here and an O'Reilly there, both were available on the cheap and we have lots of cap room for them. It should have been easy to grab one if not both, Gillis is asleep at the switch.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

I believe they having something to do with this thread. Most the chatter here is how dreadful we are at centre all the while these two fantastically gifted young centres took a massive pounding from the likes of you on these boards over the last while, basically calling them bums. Let me ask you this, would you trade Ballard and Booth for Getzlaf and his new contract? And do you still feel that O'Reilly is overpaid?
Gillis traded Sturm and Sammy for Booth, and a 1st, Grabner and Bernier for Ballard. So if logic holds, Sturm, Sammy, Grabner, Bernier and a 1st gets you either Getzlaf or O'Reilly.

I just can't think of why Gillis didn't offer Anaheim and/or Colorado these glorious packages of shit before going for Booth and Ballard.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote: I agree, it would have been very easy for Gillis to pick up a Getzlaf here and an O'Reilly there, both were available on the cheap and we have lots of cap room for them. It should have been easy to grab one if not both, Gillis is asleep at the switch.
The gyst of my foolishness here Diehard my good man, is that with everyone recognizing the importance of centre depth recently, I bring these two fabled hockey legends up because they took a massive beating around these boards of late as if they were a couple of up to know good hockey bums. Centre's make big money cause???
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:

I just can't think of why Gillis didn't offer Anaheim and/or Colorado these glorious packages of shit before going for Booth and Ballard.
Cause Gillis would rather spend $8.7 million on Ballard and Booth.

He is moneypuck after all, ain't he?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder if the Florida organization has ever thanked us for taking $8.7 million off their books in a couple of shitting players with long term contracts? Brilliance that trade, they cleared $8.7 million off their books and are left with a first round pick out of the deals - Howden. I'm sure they will have another big round of uproarious laughter if and when Gillis ends up having to buy one of these two if not both out this summer.