GDT - Canucks go Wild in MinneSnowta. 5pm -Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Canucks go Wild in MinneSnowta. 5pm -Snet-P

Post by ukcanuck »

It's been consistent lack of scoring but its not clear whether its the personel or the deployment that's the main problem.
At least I can't tell...

Gillis has two cards to play at this point and both might not be enough

Luongo might not fetch a plug in price to effect change in time
But canning the coach...that does save gillis for next year IF IF they make the playoffs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: But canning the coach...that does save gillis for next year IF IF they make the playoffs
Are we trying to save Gillis or the win column?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So who do we want?

Jones
McKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Monahan
Nichushkin
Nurse
Lindholm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:So who do we want?

Jones
McKinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Monahan
Nichushkin
Nurse
Lindholm
Drouin. No question IMHO.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: But canning the coach...that does save gillis for next year IF IF they make the playoffs
Are we trying to save Gillis or the win column?
I dunno. Both I guess.
If gillis is smart enough to save himself, he'll save the teams chances in the process.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck the Dude must think he's died and gone to heaven...it's like a CC sleepover at the Dudes house and everybody gets to piss on his bed...synchronized bed pissing
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Three game losing roadie through Columbus and minny, tends to turn the water yellow :(
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blobs bladder broke.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

So, I gather there's no chance at all this is just a losing streak?

Every team hits the skids from time to time. Lots of games left, but I tend to agree that it's time for a shakeup on the personnel side.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Canucks' response to the the latest loss: Schroeder was sent down; Ebbett comes up; and Higgins went to centre last game.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Blobs bladder broke.
LOL ..... Blob was a little bit cut last night. That said I believe the team has quit on AV . Also it would be nice is Gillis came up for air and actually noticed the fact that he has one NHL centre on his team atm . Lappy looks like an AHL player at this point.

Are you not a little concerned with the teams play since the brawl in Beantown , Topper ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Are you not a little concerned with the teams play since the brawl in Beantown , Topper ?
THIS^

That was the last time we saw elite play from this team...since then the team has gone on a slow decline. This is not AV's fault, that the he has no centre's to work with outside of Hank. You honestly cannot put the onus of playing the centre position in a capable fashion on the likes of Higgins and Raymond, it's fucking ridiculous. Then you have Ebbett and L Lappiere? LMAO...is it uh,no wonder, why we are shitting the bed right now, that being said, this team was still not playing elite hockey with Kesler AND Bieksa in the line-up. That first stretch of good hockey we were playing is not an indication of what this team truly is. I still think we can sneak into the playoffs but we certainly are far from being labeled Cup contendors. As in the words of Guy Bouchet describing the Bruins, "they (Bruins) are a culture", we are not. And that is not AV's fault, it's the personnel on the ice that AV has to play with. It's about fucking time Gillis starts to make some decent moves cause until now, outside of BC Boys, Garrison (I guess, still waiting on him) and Hamhius and and to a lesser extent - Tanev and Higgins...he's shit the bed on every transaction he's done, drafting included. When was the last time you saw this team roll 4 lines successfully? Is that AV's fault? HE NEEDS SOME PLAYERS!! Gillis, do your fucking job!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pac B my point is and was the team has quit on the coach. Yes we all know they need at least one more quality centre but they are NOT as bad as they have shown over the past month. Gillis needs to make some personnel moves but the time has come to boot the all the coaches asses out of town . The PP sucks, the system sucks.... puck support and gap control seem like swearwords. Clearly teams have figured the Canucks out but AV and crew have no ability to adjust, but he sure has time to giggle at the bench and chew on lozenges. Exactly how many points is he willing to puke away in shootouts ??
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pac B my point is and was the team has quit on the coach.
I have and still do like AV as a coach, but this group has looked like a clunky, tired old beater more often than a well oiled machine over the past calendar year. The sloppy, slow, sad PP since January 2012 is a highlight of the effort level and execution of this group over that time. The personnel has largely not changed since before then, so what gives?

I do think this current funk is just that, a funk. Every year there's at least one stretch of terrible play. The team has none of that swagger they show when they are playing well.

However, outside of the last game against LA, which was truly a great all around effort, we haven't seen a consistent work ethic or execution from any single player all year outside of Chris Tanev. This is not a bad team that will consistently lose to Columbus, Calgary and Minnesota, and I am confident that we will win 10 in a row before this shortened season is over, but I am starting to wonder. The longer it takes to get back to winning, let along looking like a dominant team, the more I wonder about what needs to change.

First off, even with a healthy Kesler this team needs another NHL centre. It also needs another right side defenseman. Ballard needs to go, and Lapierre needs to play on the 4th line only, ever. These are no brainers. Though, I am beginning to wonder if there is a cultural problem here. Is there too much of a country club atmosphere with this group? Does this group need a shakeup to remind them that they are in the business of winning hockey games?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:It's about fucking time Gillis starts to make some decent moves cause until now, ... he's shit the bed on every transaction he's done,

:hmmm: