GDT: Mar 7 - Canucks in Ohio for BJ on SPAC - 4 PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Mar 7 - Canucks in Ohio for BJ on SPAC - 4 PM

Post by herb »

I didn't watch this game, but I looked at the boxscore and can tell that THIS TEAM FUCKING SUCKS!

:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote: Two seasons ago, people complained about the Canucks having too much skilled but soft players. Now, they have two power forwards, Kassian and Booth, who carry the pucks to the net with authority. Kassian is young and Booth just came back from injury a few games ago. In the last few games, they created numerous chances. With a little luck or a more skillful centre, they could have potted a few goals.
Kassian is the only name deserving of a mention in that paragraph, but hey, carry on.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Two seasons ago, people complained about the Canucks having too much skilled but soft players. Now, they have two power forwards, Kassian and Booth, who carry the pucks to the net with authority. Kassian is young and Booth just came back from injury a few games ago. In the last few games, they created numerous chances. With a little luck or a more skillful centre, they could have potted a few goals.
Kassian is the only name deserving of a mention in that paragraph, but hey, carry on.
Your hatred clouds your judgement. Just ignore his contract for a second, Booth has played well in the last few games. He did not score but managed to draw a few penalties with his speed and willingness. If he keeps doing what he has done so far, he will score a few goals like Higgins and Hansen.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

@dhabums-re: thread title

Too bad the Nucks went there to give rather than receive.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jovocop wrote:Your hatred clouds your judgement. Just ignore his contract for a second, Booth has played well in the last few games. He did not score but managed to draw a few penalties with his speed and willingness. If he keeps doing what he has done so far, he will score a few goals like Higgins and Hansen.
You do realize that it's impossible to reason someone out of a position they didn’t reason themselves into. Right?
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

I have no love for Alberts - but the fact that he can hit hard enough to break someone's collarbone impressed the crap out of me!

OUCH!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I don't think u watched the whole game cuz AV used Malhotra on defensive zone faceoffs alot, that's why he got off the ice right away. :lol: Manny still played like 11 mins/game for us this year, that's alot of mins for a guy who just takes faceoff. :lol: He was also used in PK situations, like 2 mins/games and still easily our top faceoff man. He'd be nice to have around right now just so that we don't have to rely so much on Lap-dawg on key draws. I luv Lap-Dawg, but even I must admit that he looks a bit out of his comfort zone.

So, Manny can come back and play 6 games vs the Big Bad Bs @ the cup finals, play almost the whole 80 games last year and all playoffs and all the sudden he's a risk out there or not good enuff? Sorry, not buying the kool-aid. However, I will agree that if MG did not think Manny could play anymore, he should of found another centre when the lockout was over rather than rely on the likes of Schroeds, Ebbett, Pinozotto. We'll see with Pinozotto, maybe he'll help.
Vader wrote:Seriously? Were you even watching Malholtra play? He took the face-off and got the hell off the ice. It's sad, but that was all Malholtra was capable of doing...lack of centre ice depth should have been dealt with before Kesler's injury.

OK, fair enuff, maybe Kadri was never offered, but what's so wrong with talking about it or bringing it up?
dbr wrote:Just because it was publicized does not mean it has (or had) any validity.

Right now Damien Cox is being torched for bringing up that same rumour - except he's brought it up previously to say the leaves were never willing to trade Kadri. :lol:

I dunno if I agree with this. I think AV and the Canucks in general like to ease their young players in rather than throw them to the wolves (page out the Red Wings develpment factory). The most recent examples would be Schneids, Tanev, Coho and even Machine Gun Grabner. Each of them spent alot of time in the minors and were slowly eased into the lineup, so they bounce from the NHL and the farm a bit. When the player shows they have what it takes in the NHL, AV increases their minutes and responsibilities. Some see this as good coaching, others may see it as not giving young players a chance. The current projects are Schroeds and Kassassian, both have looked good at times and lost at times. I think Kass is more NHL ready simply because he has good size. Even though he is not scoring, he is still a physical presence. I think Schroeds can use more ice time in the minors rather than be on the 4th line right now.
vic wrote:IMHO, Kadri wouldn't be putting up the same numbers on a Western Conference Team, even if he was capable of doing it, AV would have killed his confidence within a week.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

OK Alex, under the category of confusing, guess what statements prompted these responses (skipping forward = cheating).
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

sagebrush wrote:OK Alex, under the category of confusing, guess what statements prompted these responses (skipping forward = cheating).

I have no idea what this means?
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: I'm down on GMMG for having one to two key injuries result in having a team that can only win 3 games out of 11. That's less than .500 for nearly 25% of the season.

...Daniel and Henrik combined have the same amount of goals as Van Riemsdyk. And Daniel + Henrik + Burrows have the same as Stamkos. None of the forwards have been good enough.

But, it is GMMG who hasn't addressed depth to relieve pressure on the top forwards.
Over the 11 games of which you speak Hank has 5g 15pts, Dank 5g 13pts, Burr 2g 8pts.

The big line is actually coming through "under pressure".

You scoffed at "creating chances" and "playing well" and demanded we all go by more tangible results.

Well then, there you go Bright Eyes....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
sagebrush wrote:OK Alex, under the category of confusing, guess what statements prompted these responses (skipping forward = cheating).

I have no idea what this means?
He's talking about crazed villagers putting sanity in Jeopardy. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Jovocop wrote:
I hate watching the Canucks lost to a team like Columbus. Unfortunately, the Canucks were playing without two of the top six defensemen, a 2nd line centre, and a 3rd line centre. If you take the same type of players off Pittsburgh, Detroit or Chicago, I am not sure how many games they could win even against teams like Columbus or Calgary.

However, I agree this team really badly needs a 3rd line centre to replace Lapierre/Raymond/Schroeder. Lapierre has shown that he could be a temporary 3rd line centre but not a permanent one. Raymond just could not win a faceoff. Schroeder is not doing much offensively, especailly when he is playing with Weise and Sestito.

Two seasons ago, people complained about the Canucks having too much skilled but soft players. Now, they have two power forwards, Kassian and Booth, who carry the pucks to the net with authority. Kassian is young and Booth just came back from injury a few games ago. In the last few games, they created numerous chances. With a little luck or a more skillful centre, they could have potted a few goals.

Raymond has been good this year but he is still too soft. Higgins is rugged but not as talented as Raymond. Both players will be UFAs this summer. Assuming Booth stays, MG can only afford to keep one of Higgins and Raymond for the third line left winger. Perhaps it is time to sell high and get a 3rd line centre in return.
Either Higgins or Raymond is a better option than Booth, and way cheaper.
Keep 'em both and say goodbye to Booth
Unless MG can unload Booth then he's a buyout.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: The Twins and Burrows haven't been good enough over the entire season. Though they have been pretty good, they haven't lived up to their admittedly very loft standards.

Therefore, there is tangible evidence to support my statement.
I produced tangible evidence proving the top line has been awesome over the last 11 games.

The very 11 games you keep complaining about.

They have indeed lived up to their very loft standards over the last 11 games

Odd time to complain about the top line, in the midst of complaining about the last 11 games,

.... but then you're an odd guy amirite? :mex:
Mondi wrote: As whole, the team hasn't been good enough. As you know SL there are a constellation of factors contributing to their recent slide. I was merely discussing the role GMMG has played in that, which is not providing enough depth at forward through various moves and non-moves. However, I went on to say that the team is only in a funk and is lacking two key pieces. Once those pieces are back the team should right itself. I just hate to think the team is two players away from .400 hockey given the team's relatively significant recent successes.
Here's some tangible evidence: Your Vancouver Canucks are 9-3-4 without Kesler in the lineup.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Here's some tangible evidence: Your Vancouver Canucks are 9-3-4 without Kesler in the lineup.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! :mex:
Your Vancouver Canucks are 2-3-2 with Kesler in the lineup.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mëds wrote:@dhabums-re: thread title

Too bad the Nucks went there to give rather than receive.
Isn't it better to give than receive?