Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Let's think of something whacky and hilarious to tell Spidey that happened in every game for the rest of the season. Such as "I can't believe Thornton tried to give Burrows a handjob in that scrum", or "how 'bout that naked fan that climbed the glass and assaulted Schneider".

Because Spidey's not watching the games you know. :sly:
:crazy: Really?! It's like there's a hidden place where the boys go and do unmentionables.....

It's basketball season you cretins, hockey? pffffft it doesn't start until the Spring (or is that Baseball?!)

:arrow:
What's basketball? :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Let's think of something whacky and hilarious to tell Spidey that happened in every game for the rest of the season. Such as "I can't believe Thornton tried to give Burrows a handjob in that scrum", or "how 'bout that naked fan that climbed the glass and assaulted Schneider".

Because Spidey's not watching the games you know. :sly:
:crazy: Really?! It's like there's a hidden place where the boys go and do unmentionables.....

It's basketball season you cretins, hockey? pffffft it doesn't start until the Spring (or is that Baseball?!)

:arrow:
What's basketball? :eh:
Just another Canadian (Winter) invention 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

These stupid contracts will never go away. As good as Getzlaf, does he really worth $8.25m in next year cap $64m?? Getzlaf will take up 13% of the cap... Wow! Are the Ducks going to move Ryan and/or Perry?
The Anaheim Ducks have locked Ryan Getzlaf in for the long-term.

The team announced Friday afternoon that they have signed their captain to an eight-year contract extension with an annual average value of $8.25 million. The extension carries a total value of $66 million.

"This is a wonderful day for my family, as Anaheim has become our home," said Getzlaf, a native of Saskatchewan. "The fans here have treated me very well, and I look forward to being part of a winning hockey team and contributing to the Orange County community for years to come."

The extension will pay Getzlaf $6.5 million in 2013-14 including a $2 million signing bonus. The rest of the contract breaks down as follows: $8.75 million in 2014-15, $9.25 million for 2015-16 through 2017-18, $8.95 million in 2018-19, $8.275 million 2019-20. In 2020-21 he will make $6 million, including a $3 million signing bonus.

Getzlaf was slated to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2012-13 season.

“He has often expressed his interest to stay in Anaheim for his entire career, a goal we share," said Ducks general manager Bob Murray. "He is a leader, a proven winner, and possesses a skill set that's hard to find. This is a great day for the Ducks.”

In 22 games so far in 2013 the 27-year-old Getzlaf has scored nine goals and 18 assists.

Originally selected in the first round (19th overall) in 2003 by Anaheim, Getzlaf has scored 147 and 353 assists for 499 points in 534 career regular season games with the Ducks. He has appeared in 62 career playoff games with the Ducks, scoring 18 goals and 35 assists. He won the Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2007.

Getzlaf has represented Canada internationally at the 2010 Olympics, scoring three goals and four assists in seven games with Canada's gold medal-winning men's team. He has also represented Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships in 2004 and 2005, winning gold in his second tournament. He has also represented Canada at the IIHF World Championships in 2008 and 2012, winning silver in 2008.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

But... but... but... but... most of the mongoloids thought he would wait until the summer and sign there. I mean why wouldn't he ? - 30 in the winter.... which is the whole hockey season because playoffs aren't an option. They have a Walmart, the Crack Alley, ten gallon hats and Wranglers are staples there. Real estate is cheap , there is a Costco now and the Alberta beef. Why go to Merritt when you can live in Calgary ? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

And Dude says Luongo's contract is bad....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Wrong thread.....
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Bettman had a lock-out,why? Anaheim is on the verge of needing subsidies from the have teams and their idiot GM signs this contract for Getzlaf?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

TDA Rum wrote:And Dude says Luongo's contract is bad....
Try this on for size TDA Rum - It Wouldn't be so bad if he was 27 like Getzlaf and not turning 34 in April, eh?

How old will Getzlaf be when the contract ends - 35-36? How old will Luongo be? Somewhere in his 40's
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

okcanuck wrote:Bettman had a lock-out,why? Anaheim is on the verge of needing subsidies from the have teams and their idiot GM signs this contract for Getzlaf?
Did his GM even have a choice ?

Take Getzlaf off that team and they are basically in re-build mode.

This is what 27 year old franchise players cost, if you can't afford to pay then you might as well go get a "for sale" sign and stick it on the front of the building.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

So i take it you think Getzlaf's contract is good then?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Bettman had a lock-out,why? Anaheim is on the verge of needing subsidies from the have teams and their idiot GM signs this contract for Getzlaf?

This is what 27 year old franchise players cost, if you can't afford to pay then you might as well go get a "for sale" sign and stick it on the front of the building.
this
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

TDA Rum wrote:So i take it you think Getzlaf's contract is good then?
For his age, talent, position, size, champion and for the health of the Ducks alone? Do you even need to ask?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

TDA Rum wrote:So i take it you think Getzlaf's contract is good then?
I don't think that is what he is saying. More along the lines of..it is what it is.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:

i'm sure the gm's of the successful franchises are going to love to cut a cheque to Anaheim to subsidize Getzlaf's contract. The NHL owners and gms didn't learn a thing from the lock-out which came about because of these exhorbinent contracts.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:

i'm sure the gm's of the successful franchises are going to love to cut a cheque to Anaheim to subsidize Getzlaf's contract. The NHL owners and gms didn't learn a thing from the lock-out which came about because of these exhorbinent contracts.
Are the other GM's going to be subsidizing Getzalfs contract?