Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Wy does everybody seem to think that the Canucks have this 'window' that ends when the Sedins retire?

Because they listen to the TEAM 1040 and Don Taylor, B Mac, Sekeres, Blake Price etc said so.

This board is less bipolar than CDC or hfboards but Canucks fans have earned their stripes by and large of being the most retarded fans in the NHL. So if the [xxxxxxx]s at the TEAM say there is a window then there is a fucking window. Most of the fans who listen to those idiots breathe out of their mouth unconditionally and likely follow the same guy to work every day but damnit Don Taylor and Jason Botchford said there was a window so it has to be true.

But your right nonetheless :)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Are the Sedins retiring after next year or something?

Besides, Burrows and Kesler are not first line players who can carry the scoring load on a Stanley Cup contender.....at least not without the Sedins for linemates.

WTF Reef.....I thought you said you were asking seriously.....
So you think the Sedins can perform at the same rate when they are 35?

I said 2 - 3 years I guess I should be more precise in saying, in the year 2017 when the Sedins are 35/36 and their points per game go down who will be on the team to make up this.

I was not saying it couldn't be done I was curious if Blob thought it would be done through trades or draft picks that are yet to happen or he thought maybe in the last 2 draft picks we have some gems. I don't follow the Wolves or our draft picks closely so I read what others write who know better than I do on their progression.

We used to have someone (from Ontario I think), can't remember their name who would constantly give updates on the prospects both in the AHL and junior teams. I always followed the updates as it was interesting.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Re-up the Sedins for $1M/each, Sign Malkin for $10M/year. Save $200K. Win Cup. :drink:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote:
We used to have someone (from Ontario I think), can't remember their name who would constantly give updates on the prospects both in the AHL and junior teams. I always followed the updates as it was interesting.
you are kidding right?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote:Reefer2 wrote:
you are kidding right?
>>insert Wolves Howl here<<
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
you are kidding right?
>>insert Wolves Howl here<<
I was making him respond :sly:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:.
After the Sedins retire what do we have coming up to replace them? Unless a significant trade or we draft someone(s) we do have a limited window to go far. i just don't see anything in the minors ready to come up within the next 2 - 3 years to start playing and take over 2nd line duty as Kesler/Burrows takes over the first line.
Out of curiosity what exactly do you think the Canucks will do with the over $12M in cap space now created?
Getzlaf just signed a $8.25m per year contract extension with the Ducks. With these types of stupid contracts still throwing around, I do not believe $12m can get the Canucks a lot... at least not two former Art Ross trophy winners.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Jovocop wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:.
After the Sedins retire what do we have coming up to replace them? Unless a significant trade or we draft someone(s) we do have a limited window to go far. i just don't see anything in the minors ready to come up within the next 2 - 3 years to start playing and take over 2nd line duty as Kesler/Burrows takes over the first line.
Out of curiosity what exactly do you think the Canucks will do with the over $12M in cap space now created?
Getzlaf just signed a $8.25m per year contract extension with the Ducks. With these types of stupid contracts still throwing around, I do not believe $12m can get the Canucks a lot... at least not two former Art Ross trophy winners.
wonder what ol baldy would have got if say....they were sucking this year??

I would say he is worth 6mill tops...ducks are nuts
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

you are kidding right?
No - am I missing something here?

This was a long week and I just need it straight.

PS what I meant about Ontario was that the poster was from there but I don't want to make any assumptions.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reef reef reef reef reef...you have been missing a lot of Interesting updates since the start of the year..

Go Into the wolf howls....then look for the prospect thread.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

lol - what a twit I am, not used to all the other forums here.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote:lol - what a twit I am, not used to all the other forums here.
If, after you log in you use the new posts button beside the board index button. It will show new posts when southern updates
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: use the new posts button
:shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gillis - :rofl:

I fully anticipate a shite, panic, save face, trade by Gillis that will further set this team back than it is now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I keep wondering when or if, Gillis is going to do a god damned thing? Here we are going along with an army of third line pluggers expected to do 'the job'. I have to admit, they have performed beyond my expectations of late, but success is contingent upon Schneider playing stellar, and then the rest of the team playing a grinding defensive system. I would have to believe that there would be some takers somewhere for Ballard!? Sure there's some entertainment value in Ballard being a winger but ... REALLY? That's the best you can do mr MG? Not sure what has happened to the Sedin's of late? Talk about hot and cold.,..a nd when they're cold they look like anemic sad sacks - they didn't get a whole lot of time last night against the Coyotes and for good reason. The coyotes are struggling, and that had a lot to do with why we won. I would be willing to bet money that we will get 'man-handled' in LA on Saturday unless Schneider can find a way to pull off a 2012 `Quick playoff performance'.

But honestly, does Gillis believe that it's ok to 'putter along' like this? Is the market that tight that he can't wrest out a single player deal to our benefit? Just saying. Jeese.
cc oldtimer