Prospects Thread 2012-13

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Prospects Thread 2012-13

Post by Lancer »

black ace wrote:Jensen played his last game in Europe today and is on his way to join the Wolves for the rest of the season.
How many want to bet he sees NHL action before the season is through? Personally, don't want to rush him but Gillis and crew seem to have a hard-on for the kid. Depending on how he pans out in Chi-town it could give Gillis options come the deadline if he's no worse than Weise or Kassian out there.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Lancer wrote:
black ace wrote:Jensen played his last game in Europe today and is on his way to join the Wolves for the rest of the season.
How many want to bet he sees NHL action before the season is through? Personally, don't want to rush him but Gillis and crew seem to have a hard-on for the kid. Depending on how he pans out in Chi-town it could give Gillis options come the deadline if he's no worse than Weise or Kassian out there.
They may want to take a look, but I hardly doubt we see him in any type of regular role.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Lancer wrote:
They may want to take a look, but I hardly doubt we see him in any type of regular role.
An injury to any one of our wingers and it's a good bet we see him up here.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Prospects are great because they give us hope for the future but the big downside is you have to live with their mistakes for many years as they learn the game. You can only have so many in your lineup, especially for a team serious about winning it all. As Kassian and Schroeder continue with their development they make a lot of costly mistakes and that's reflective in the team's overall performance to date. That's the risk you take but with the salary situation it's a necessary risk so I'm alright with their 'hopefully' short term growing pains. So right now for me two in the lineup is about as high of a risk as I'm willing to take. Three or four and that could seriously alter the team's chemistry. We don't have time for that kind of an experiment right now.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

^^^It'll be great to see how Jensen does back in North America one year later... last season he joined the Chicago Wolves, and produced 4 goals in 6 games, then added 2 goals in 2 games in the playoffs before being injured - he just turns 20 today.

Tuesday March 6

AHL

Chicago 4 Texas 3
Climie 23 saves on 26 shots

Vandermeer, (1) (Pinizzotto, Ebbett)
Sweatt, (12) (Ebbett, Haydar) (PP)
Archibald, (8) (Desbiens, Schneider)
Davies, (10) (Sweatt)

OHL

Guelph 4 Kitchener 6
McEneny 1 assist, -1
Corrado 2 assists, -1

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Getting excited with Jensen coming over. Some of those snipes with AIK were a pure sniper. I saw a stat the other day he is in good company with his goal production in the SEL, nevermind by a rookie. Something like top 20 in goal production all-time as a first year player in the SEL. Regardless, with Gaunce continuing his production and growth it would be amazing if we had a couple of ELC's playing FT on the roster next yr.

Corrado should move to the Wolves, along with Price next year. Would love to see where McNally shakes out.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

We hope to get him to Chicago
The Canucks need permission from Oshawa because they hold Jensen’s Canadian major junior hockey rights.
The Canucks, by re-assigning Jensen to the Wolves, will ensure his contract will “slide” for another year. This means his three-year entry-level contract will not kick in until the 2013-14 season unless he plays in more than five games (usually ten, but reduced to 5 games in shortened season) for the Canucks this year.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Wednesday March 6

QMJHL

Moncton 3 Cape Breton 4 (OT)
Honzik 35 saves on 38 shots

5 games left in the season, Cape Breton is in dead last (18th) and cannot make the playoffs (16th place Saint John has 45 points to Cape Breton's 34) --- I wonder if the Canucks will offer Honzik a contract or not?

OHL

Ottawa 3 Belleville 1
Gaunce 0 points, -2

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Southern_Canuck wrote:I wonder if the Canucks will offer Honzik a contract or not?
The should, he has Patrick Roy like stats for his last year of junior. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

Season 	        Lge 	GP 	A    PIM 	Min 	GA 	EN 	SO 	GAA 	W 	L 	T 	Svs 	Pct 	
Roy
1984-85 		QMJHL 	44 	2 	74 	2463 	228 	3 	0 	5.55 	16 	25 	1 	

Honzik
2012-13 	 	QMJHL 	30 	0 	0 	1457 	102 	6 	1 	4.20	4 	21 	1 	732 	0.878
He can have Prab Rai's contract.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Still wanted Anthony Camara with that pick.... :mad:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Still wanted Anthony Camara with that pick.... :mad:
The Bruins are the masters at finding gems post 1st round, ie Lucic, Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand and now this Camara. Ain't no excuses for Gillis lame-ass drafting, you do your homework you can find a lot of gems after the 1st round, i.e. Edler, Hansen, Bieksa, Raymond
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

HF ranking of Canuck prospects - for your review. :wink:

Name : 2013 rank : 2012 rank
Jensen : 1 : 1
Lack : 2 : 3
Schroeder : 3 : 4
Gaunce : 4 : 5
Corrado : 5 : 11
Connauton : 6 : 8
Rodin : 7 : 7
Grenier : 8 : 9
McNally : 9 : 10
Mallet : 10 : 12
Kassian & Tanev graduated.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/8 ... more-85915
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rodin is undeserving of that ranking. With Suave's play of late he should be in his spot instead.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jensen, Lack, Gaunce and Corrado look very much like the real deal.

The jury is still out on Schroeder. I don't think he'll fit in on this team but he has NHL potential.

Connauton has big-league offensive skills but can't play D. I don't see him making the bigs either, at least not on a team whose coach values defense like ours does.

The rest are most likely AHL cannon-fodder.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:Rodin is undeserving of that ranking. With Suave's play of late he should be in his spot instead.
You mean his play after he was demoted to the ECHL?

But Rodin is still in the AHL.

Maybe we should just call you BoxscoreDude.